Legendary Year of Pokemon in 2018!

Get ready for a Legendary 2018!
    Pokemon wants to celebrate 2018 in a big way! That is why they are going to make 2018 a legendary year by giving away a Legendary Pokemon each month! This is all to thank Pokemon trainers for so many years of passion and dedication.
    The big event starts in February with a Diagla and Palkia distribution event at GameStop. You can catch a new distribution each month afterwards from either GameStop or online.
    Below is the full list of Legendary Pokemon being distributed.

• February: Dialga, the Steel- and Dragon-type Legendary Pokémon, or Palkia, the Water- and Dragon-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Sinnoh region

• March: Regigigas, the Normal-type Legendary Pokémon, or Heatran, the Fire- and Steel-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Sinnoh region

• April: Raikou, the Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, or Entei, the Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Johto region

• May: Xerneas, the Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon, or Yveltal, the Dark- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Kalos region

• June: Zygarde, the Dragon- and Ground-type Legendary Pokémon with three distinct Formes, from the Kalos and Alola regions

• July: Tornadus, the Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, or Thundurus, the Electric- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Unova region

• August: Groudon, the Ground-type Legendary Pokémon, or Kyogre, the Water-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Hoenn region

• September: Latios or Latias, the Dragon- and Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Hoenn region

• October: Reshiram, the Dragon- and Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, or Zekrom, the Dragon- and Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Unova region

• November: Ho-Oh, the Fire- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, or Lugia, the Psychic- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon, from the Johto region

One of the most exciting Pokemon to be distributed is a Shiny Zygarde. This is an exclusive Pokemon! So make sure to get Zygarde in June!

Pokemon TCG
    The TCG will also be taking part in this Legendary event! They will have Legendary-themed product tie-ins in 2018. This will include a new collection, Pokémon GX cards and more!
    It is interesting to note that the next Pokemon TCG, Ultra Prism, will be released in February. This set will will include plenty of Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region such as Dialga and Palkia. Ultra Prism will contain Dialga GX and Palkia GX which will be distributed in February.
    The set following Ultra Prism will be May’s set which is called Forbidden Light. This set is speculated to be based on Kalos and could feature Xerneas and Yveltal. Both of these Pokemon will be distributed in May which will be the same month as Forbidden Light’s release.
    It is too soon the speculate about August’s TCG set but it looks as if the Legendary distributions are syncing with the TCG release schedule. Expect to see more TCG products as we go through this Legendary 2018!
    Pokemon GO
    Trainers in Pokemon GO can expect some big tie-ins as well. Details will be release soon!
    Get ready to go Legendary in 2018!

The post Legendary Year of Pokemon in 2018! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

2. This post has been liked by:

WHY NOT SUICUNE. ;A;

Ah well. xD This is a cool bunch of events. :3

4. This post has been liked by:

AD 

Senior Moderator

I obviously love the ho oh inclusion, but the third of every legendary trio not being included nettles me to no extent

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

I think that the one you get depends on which game you get. I don't recall all the details but it could be that the one you get from the distribution corresponds to the one that you get in your game.

EX:

In Ultra Sun, you can capture Groudon so from this distribution you should get Kyogre. Vice versa for the other.

That way you can possibly get Rayquaza since now you have both of them.

At least that is what I think. I could be wrong.

Aww...I get one of the Genie Trio for my birthday. Meh. Good thing I like Gen5.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    I think that the one you get depends on which game you get. I don't recall all the details but it could be that the one you get from the distribution corresponds to the one that you get in your game.

EX:

In Ultra Sun, you can capture Groudon so from this distribution you should get Kyogre. Vice versa for the other.

That way you can possibly get Rayquaza since now you have both of them.

At least that is what I think. I could be wrong.

Aww...I get one of the Genie Trio for my birthday. Meh. Good thing I like Gen5.
    Yeah that's how the distribution works im pretty sure. I was going to get UltraSun so I could get all the legendaries but no I don't have to. Might eventually though because I want to shiny hunt them all, then they can join my Shiny Virizion. I just can't wait to get the Shiny Zygarde in June. Finally we get to have that amazing shiny.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

This Legendary Year of Pokemon is a good way to unlock the "third legendaries" (as @MC Elesa explained) and it's awesome that there will be a distribution of shiny Zygarde! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    This Legendary Year of Pokemon is a good way to unlock the "third legendaries" (as @MC Elesa explained) and it's awesome that there will be a distribution of shiny Zygarde! :)
    Yeah. This means I do not need friends to get all the Legendaries in USUM.

Also, I was really wondering how we would get that Shiny Zygarde that Japan got a while back.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    WHY NOT SUICUNE. ;A;
    My sentiments, exactly. But Ohhh the days I wish I had a 3DS still. I'd be spending some TIME at Game Stop. xD
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~