The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Favorite Mythological Creature

There's all sorts of cryptids out there, from the well known Unicorn to lesser known Dullahan, is there any particular mythological creature you find yourself impartial to?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Dragons, dragons, give me many, many, many dragons. Plus you gotta love a creature that has so many varieties to them. Come on, who would not want a pet dragon?

I always thought manticores were pretty cool..and would be something good as base for design of a Pokemon. They stood out to me as a type of creature from a brief phase when I collected MTG cards.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    The Fae. Not because I would at all want to meet them, but The Fair Folk are intriguing (and not exactly the tinkerbell sort).

I'm also partial to krakens, because one day, one glorious day, I will be able to scream, at the top of my lungs, "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!" while having a kraken to release.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Senior Moderator

Mermaids, Pegasus, and phoenixes, by far!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Dragons, obviously. The Vouivre is particular; It's a french wyvern with a gemstone in it's forehead that gives it it's sight. They only remove the stone once a year to bathe, normally Christmas, when everyone's in church and it's safe. Oh and they can also shapeshift into a human form.

Second would have to be the Carbuncle, which as far as I know was made up by Jorge Luis Borges for his Book of Imaginary Beings. It's native to Latin America, and the only known defining feature is that it has a gemstone on it's forehead. If you try to take the gemstone, the Carbuncle can blind you, but if it meets someone who has no desire to take the stone, it will give it to them willingly.
    Another thing of note, is that the pokemon Espeon and Carbink are both at least partially based on this creature. :)

Then there's Griffins, which are a bit more famous that the others listed :P
    Last edited by Shruikan; 01-22-2018 at 12:57 PM.

7. This post has been liked by:

Fate 

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Do Moogles count?

I've always loved dragons and griffins. But Final Fantasy 14 has also made me love carbuncles. xD I mean look at it!

9. This post has been liked by:

I've always liked griffins a lot. They're so majestic and fierce-looking. And the typical dragons. I like both variants, though I prefer the Western ones just a little more than the Eastern ones.

And the moooooon rabbit.