Thread: Can't Be Helped

Administrator

Can't Be Helped

Has there ever been a situation where you try and help someone or do something, but you weren't able to help them or complete the task?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I feel this way a lot when I see an ambulance with it's lights on. You don't know who they're heading toward or who they're bringing to the hospital, but you can only hope they'll be okay. Unfortunately, besides moving out of the way so they can get there faster, there's nothing else you can do.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

My dad has bipolar which is very well managed with meds for over 10 years. You would never know he has it. But he got cancer last year which required a lot of other medications which interfered with his bipolar meds. We knew this was very likely and warned the hospital and his girlfriend, but they didn't take any notice. So he was having a manic episode where he was basically really happy and high and wanting to buy huge expensive things. If you tried to argue or disagree with anything he wanted to do he would get angry really fast. We tried to get him to a doctor as we had been through this before 10 years ago, but his girlfriend who he was living with refused to acknowledge there was anything wrong until my dad decided to go buy a house for over a million dollars (in an area she didn't want to live in which is the only reason she protested)... We tried talking him out of it, contacting the agent to advise he was in no state to buy anything and even considered having him committed to hospital but in the end there was nothing we could do to stop him. Luckily his girlfriend finally listened and his meds were readjusted by a doctor and he's fine now. And lucky he likes the house he bought. :p I'll never forgive her though.
    GCEA