Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @Nekomata
    Whaddaya mean 'bad'!? Your 2013 art is better than where I am artwise now. Particularly the backgrounds. I envy those backgrounds.
    ...I am attempting to actually draw backgrounds so I'm not exactly disappointed, I'm doing a bit better than I expected with mine but I still like yours better.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Here are some of my oldest and worst. XD My really, REALLY old stuff was deleted when I did a hard drive migration from one computer to a new one, but ah, these are funky enough.

This one is in light of Monty Python: Meaning of Life, just with Pokemon. It's not great, but I can see a bunch of areas where I could have done a little more work. Pikachu's head looks like a balloon, but the other Pokemon are not half bad as simple cartoon-like creations. Also, these were drawn in Flash, which isn't BAD for drawing, but you could do so much better. I had just gotten used to it and it's okay for animations, but there's better out there for still images.

The legs on this guy... not sure what I was trying to do, but yeah, this guy's old. Not sure how I did a great job with the wings, but then goofed up with the feet. XD

I definitely think I messed up on the proportions on this one. Poor Latias looks like she's gained weight. XD

You live, you learn. XD

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    @Nekomata
    Whaddaya mean 'bad'!? Your 2013 art is better than where I am artwise now. Particularly the backgrounds. I envy those backgrounds.
    ...I am attempting to actually draw backgrounds so I'm not exactly disappointed, I'm doing a bit better than I expected with mine but I still like yours better.
    I mean we're all constantly improving at different paces. My 2013 might be better than your present (in your eyes) but your art will exceed that one day! Just keep at it! =D Whole point of this thread is to show the world that we're all constantly improving. I like to think I've made some pretty big jumps since I started in 2010. Still a long way to go do you ever -want- to be at a point where you can't improve?

@Neo Emolga @LKWayvern @Arrow-Jolteon @Scytherwolf @Noblejanobii

You guys have all improved so much! =D It must be uplifting to sift through that older work and see how far you've come? And to see everyone else's progress knowing that you too can get better over time?!

4. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Yeah, we all improve at our own pace. The important thing is to not get discouraged and keep trying. Great work, everyone!

6. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    You guys have all improved so much! =D It must be uplifting to sift through that older work and see how far you've come? And to see everyone else's progress knowing that you too can get better over time?!
    You'd think that but there's some of my really old art that I'm like "ah crap that's better than anything I can do now." XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Here are a bunch of good 2008 derps::

Spoiler:

Then 2009:

Spoiler:

so many flareon

I probably have some super old stuff in sketchbooks but I can't be bothered unearthing them. xD

9. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I don't keep a lot of my old stuff. xD But here's some stuff I managed to locate on dA.

Spoiler:
    2008 when I just started to get into digital stuff. Before then it was all hand drawn. :3

Oekaki when that was a thing. xD

@Suicune's Fire Remember this? XD I tried to draw Dusty. She was too red. ;n;

My old traditional stuff was better, cause that's how I'd usually draw. Not sure what year this is from, but it's pre-2008.

11. This post has been liked by:

Yes Gemma of course I remember! XD And hey, your old stuff is really good! I love the big cat (whichever specific one it is xD).

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Yes Gemma of course I remember! XD And hey, your old stuff is really good! I love the big cat (whichever specific one it is xD).
    Thanks! I think it's like a lion cub or something. xD But although I think it is, lions don't usually have round markings like that. More leopards. SO I DUNNO.