Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Administrator

That wraps it up for the Pairs event this year! Thanks again to everyone that participated in this year's event. You all are fantastic people and even more so amazing Pairs! Everyone that completed at least ONE challenge with their pair are receiving the Pairs Token this year! :D.

Special thanks to Cleobel. Who during her search found all of (that we know of) last year's Icons hidden around the forum, along with ALL of this years (just in case) as well as 3 eggs still hidden on the forum. All old icons were removed and all this years will be removed once I get back to my laptop. Thanks again, Cleo! :D

From here I'd like to ask everyone for feedback for the event. So we can take what went wrong this year and improve on it for next year! What did you like, what did you not like, is there anything you'd like to see involved next time? Speak you mind as we can try and improve on it for next year. Thanks again EVERYONE for making this year's PXR Pairs event successful once again! :D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It was great! A lot of the events were creative and fun and I feel you did a great job hosting it. :3

I think my only complaint is about the scavenger hunt, and this is my feeling about PXR scavenger hunts in general, not just the Pairs event one. I was cool with them during the first few times with the Easter Egg hunt and that kind of thing. It was new and the idea worked. The problem is... it was done again and again and again. The Pokémon GO event was very scavenger hunt based. Then the previous year's Pairs event. Then the Easter Egg hunt again. Then the Winter Carnival had one too. And here it was again. They're easy to set up for the host, but they burn hours away for everyone trying to find these things. When you've done so many of the things, you don't look forward to the next.

That's my only real complaint. I think scavenger hunts somewhat turned into a staple activity for a lot of PXR events and... I personally feel they've kind of worn out their welcome and I think it's time for something new. Having to go through each thread in so many sections with a fine-tooth comb is tough and very time-consuming, but if you get too hasty or distracted with it, it's very easy to accidently skip that tiny little image or icon you're looking for and you'll keep going and going because you think you still haven't come across it yet (only to cry at the end!). And you need to set up for it by shutting off all signatures as well.

I would love a Pairs event that's like a hybrid of this and a PSG. Pairs need to work together to win and protect themselves from being sabotaged by the other pairs, all while sabotaging them to stay ahead! You can win bonuses, forum buffs, and fun stuff like that for you and your pair, or you can mess with the other pairs by laying all kinds of tricks, traps, and mischief on them in the same kind of spirit the PSG has. That would be wild and I think a lot of people would get a kick out of that.

4. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    It was great! A lot of the events were creative and fun and I feel you did a great job hosting it. :3

I think my only complaint is about the scavenger hunt, and this is my feeling about PXR scavenger hunts in general, not just the Pairs event one. I was cool with them during the first few times with the Easter Egg hunt and that kind of thing. It was new and the idea worked. The problem is... it was done again and again and again. The Pokémon GO event was very scavenger hunt based. Then the previous year's Pairs event. Then the Easter Egg hunt again. Then the Winter Carnival had one too. And here it was again. They're easy to set up for the host, but they burn hours away for everyone trying to find these things. When you've done so many of the things, you don't look forward to the next.

That's my only real complaint. I think scavenger hunts somewhat turned into a staple activity for a lot of PXR events and... I personally feel they've kind of worn out their welcome and I think it's time for something new. Having to go through each thread in so many sections with a fine-tooth comb is tough and very time-consuming, but if you get too hasty or distracted with it, it's very easy to accidently skip that tiny little image or icon you're looking for and you'll keep going and going because you think you still haven't come across it yet (only to cry at the end!). And you need to set up for it by shutting off all signatures as well.

I would love a Pairs event that's like a hybrid of this and a PSG. Pairs need to work together to win and protect themselves from being sabotaged by the other pairs, all while sabotaging them to stay ahead! You can win bonuses, forum buffs, and fun stuff like that for you and your pair, or you can mess with the other pairs by laying all kinds of tricks, traps, and mischief on them in the same kind of spirit the PSG has. That would be wild and I think a lot of people would get a kick out of that.
    I was debating whether to try something like that during the Scavenger hunt this year. On my old forum we had a large "test" to see who advanced in rank. Being a Naruto forum it was called the "Chuunin Exam." One thing involved in that exam was the forest trial. Where you start with a scroll (Earth or Heaven scroll). By the end of the trial you needed one of BOTH scrolls to pass. So you have one but you need to the other. Thing is...other teams or participants can steal yours. You'd then either have to fight them, steal it back, or come up with a trade for them. I wanted to come up with a creative way like that, but couldn't on a moments notice. At least not one that would work without without trial and error through a little testing.

You did mention that to me. Where something with a PSG and Pairs event would be interesting. After I give hosting the PSG a chance maybe I can come up with something. Maybe by next year Gemma will be better and her and I can BOTH come up with something like we were wanting to try with the PSG before she fell ill and got all these health issues :( maybe we can try something and if anything I can run ideas through you and figure some things to try out. Someone to help make sure the ideas ran will work well for a new "Pairs" event.

ALL the tokens earned have been sent out. Congrats to everyone that earned their token! :D

The time is upon us...

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Being a Naruto forum it was called the "Chuunin Exam."
    Being a fan of Naruto, and a fan of competitive pokemon, i now want a "Chuunin Exam" Pokemon League

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

7. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thanks for hosting a great event Chakra!!

I don't really enjoy scavenger hunts either. Luckily I'm the one who usually makes them LOL. Sorry everyone. But yeah I'm gonna try not to use them too much. Or at least I don't mind the ones that use notices at the top of the forum instead since you don't have to click through a lot of pages. But that's not all that much to do with the Pairs event, but good to think about for all events in future!

I liked the whole event! I like the idea of making it more interactive but I think it can be hard as it relies on both people in the pair to be active and rely on each other which can be tricky. Especially for those who are paired up just for the event. You never know whether someone will stay active. But it's still worth a try! :D
    GCEA

9. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Thanks for hosting a great event Chakra!!

I don't really enjoy scavenger hunts either. Luckily I'm the one who usually makes them LOL. Sorry everyone. But yeah I'm gonna try not to use them too much. Or at least I don't mind the ones that use notices at the top of the forum instead since you don't have to click through a lot of pages. But that's not all that much to do with the Pairs event, but good to think about for all events in future!

I liked the whole event! I like the idea of making it more interactive but I think it can be hard as it relies on both people in the pair to be active and rely on each other which can be tricky. Especially for those who are paired up just for the event. You never know whether someone will stay active. But it's still worth a try! :D
    Aww, thanks Sarah! Glad I could host such a wonderful event again! =D

And to think I was thinking about passing itto someone else since I couldn't with Gemma this year xD. I kinda surprised myself with these last (the MotY since Noble was busy and Pairs event making it solo since Gemma has been ill). I'm glad to push myself and make things fun when I can. I'm glad it turned out better than I thought too! :D

Scavenger hunts have their good sides and bad I do agree. Ones like you've hosted where they're at the top of the page are far better. That's probably why the old icons from last year were left as well as some eggs (remember the ones with the 5 digit numbers below them? Yeah those xD). If they were hidden at the top it'd be easier. Unless there was new reason an ideas used to make hiding them in such a way be more...hmm what's the word...Something to strive for?

I would like to innsome way make it where you and your partner both work together to complete challenges, but there enlies the problem. By doing that it can possibly prevent one from getting credits for completing the challenges. Especially those with a buddy as opposed to a pair. It's why those year I chose to make it so if you at least complete one challenge you get the token. Sadly the only one that did not participate and submit one challenge at all was Bulbasaur :(

I'm sure there's some way to go about it and maybe next year I can do some planning with others to see what kind of crazy creative idea we might can come up with to improve on this event. I enjoyed hosting it more than I thought I would. Sure I missed hosting it with Gemma, but it wasn't without her help. I used her amazing formatting from last year and it help tremendously :D

Thanks again, Gemma!

The time is upon us...

11. This post has been liked by:

Special thanks to @Green for participating with me, and to @Chakramaster for running this fantastic pairs event! :)
    I really liked the moment when Green and I were wearing pee and poop related avatars and banners. xD
    I enjoy scavenger hunts in general, but I agree that this one took a lot of time. Here are my suggestions for potential future scavenger hunts :

-Putting both icons of each pair in the same section of the forum (for example, Chikorita and Ho-oh in the Other Chat, both Meowstics in the Media Hall, etc.)
    -Giving hints about the location of the icons
    -Putting the icons at the top of the threads (like in the winter carnival)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

13. This post has been liked by:

You did an awesome job hosting again this year. :D The only thing I didn't care for was the having to draw a picture. As of right now I don't really have a way of getting the picture to the internet other than maybe my phone. And doing it that way just seems like more hassle than it's worth because of the fact that I'm using my phone. But other than that everything was great.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

15. This post has been liked by:

Thanks for Hosting. It was fun and not to time-consuming!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

17. This post has been liked by: