Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Pokemon Shine Diamond

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 83a: Steeling Peace of Mind! (part 1)

"So long, Canalave." Ash smiled as he packed his stuff. "It's been fun."

"From here, we're off to Chocovine Town for Dawn's next Contest and my next Fantasy Stage." Brock smiled.

"Have you decided what you want to tell for the Chocovine Fantasy Stage?" Dawn asked.

"Not yet..." Brock admitted. "I'm leaning towards some kind of dragonslayer tale, though..."

"Sounds fun!" Dawn smiled.

A trill of a PokeNav snapped Ash to attention. After looking at the caller ID and seeing Danielle's name, he quickly swiped the "Answer" icon. "Hello?"

"Hey Ash, it's Danielle." Danielle's voice began on the other end. "How'd your match with Byron go?"

"Wonderful!" Ash smiled. "My risk of using Erin against a big Pokemon paid off--she evolved! That meant I could induce her against Byron's Bastiodon, Escudo."

"Yeah, Escudo was a challenge for me too." Danielle remembered. "So, I'm here on Iron Island, as I said; and something's wrong with a lot of the Pokemon!"

"What happened?" Ash asked.

"They've begun to turn wild--many of them even attacking their own masters!" Danielle explained. "But here's the weird part--this is only happening to Steel-type Pokémon."

"That is weird..." Ash mused.

"Lucky for me, I have no Steel types with me at the moment." Danielle assured Ash. "But you know this is more than a routine outbreak when even Nurse Joy doesn't know what to do."

"We'll be over there as soon as we can." Ash replied. "I won't summon Erin unless I have to--as much as I really want to show you Erin right now."

"I'll hold off inducing Argent unless I have to, as well." Brock agreed.

"Good idea." Danielle replied. "The ferry departs to and from Canalave hourly, so one should be arriving at the docks on your end very soon--my team and I will meet you there!"

"We're on our way." Ash replied as he ended the call. "Well, Chocovine's gonna have to wait..." he began.

"We can't just sit idly by and watch if someone's in danger." Dawn vowed. "Danielle's done so much for us--let's go help her in return!"

---------

Ash hurried to hug Danielle as the group arrived in the Iron Island Pokemon Center. "Ash, you made it....good." Danielle smiled. "As you can see, a lot of the owned Steel types that are out of their Poke Balls have gone wild." She gestured to an Alolan Sandshrew trying everything in its power to break free from a gurney as it was rolled to an open medical bay.

"That poor Sandshrew..." Dawn noted a team of interns did everything they could to restrain an angry Scizor.

"Let's start by looking around the island." Brock suggested. "There has to be something here bothering the Steel types."

"Lead the way." Ash smiled, allowing Danielle to lead the group out of the Pokemon Center.

"I was exploring some of the rocks nearby, so we can start there." Danielle suggested.

The group made good time climbing through some of the crags nearby the Pokemon Center. However, Dawn gasped when she spotted a huge Aggron charging in their direction! "Oh no!"

"Mother praised for her indigo life, break apart and raise thy clear new voice! Wataja!" a male voice called, sending a massive wave of water at the Aggron. A large Aura Sphere sent the soaked reptilian Pokemon flying seconds later.

"Who cast the spell?" Danielle asked.

"Yeah, friend or foe?" Ash agreed.

He gasped as a young man in a majestic royal blue, grey, and gold mage's costume emerged from behind a crag. "Friend, travelers." he smiled. "I am Riley of the Order of the Celestial Aura."

He gestured to the Lucario at his side. "And this is Vivian, my Lucario--Vivi, for short."

"Well then, Riley...we came here because we heard rumors of Pokemon going nuts." Danielle explained. "We were also told that for some weird reason, this strange phenomenon only affected Steel types..."

"...so how can Vivi not be affected?" Ash asked.

"Vivi is safe because she can also use her aura to protect herself from the phenomenon you describe." Riley explained. "We are also trying to figure out how to stop this odd phenomenon ourselves. Maybe if we combined our powers, we could find the masterminds behind it!"

"You're not gonna betray us later, are you?" Brock was a little skeptical.

"At ease, Sir Loremaster. It would be a shameful act for a member of the Celestial Aura to betray others working for the same cause as they are." Riley replied. "So, are we a team?"

"I'd say we are." Ash smiled.

"All right, have you all found any clues or information pointing to the cause of the wild phenomenon?" Riley asked.

"We know it only affects Steel types..." Dawn explained as the group started down a path into a cave. "Nurse Joy has no idea what it is or how to treat it..."

Danielle pulled up a picture of an odd plane-like drone on her PokeNav and showed it to Riley. "Dunno if this counts as a clue, but I've seen three of these headed to the northwest..."

"That is a perfect clue!" Riley smiled. "If we continue through the caves, we should be able to follow the drones to their launch base."

"Let's go!" Ash led the way into the cave...

To Be Continued...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Interlude: The Rainbow of Aura

As the group made their way through the caves, the gentle breeze and dripping water unnerved Ash a little. "So, Riley..." he stammered. "What is it your order actually does, and how does it tie back into aura powers?"

"All aura is is ki, the energy in all things." Riley explained. "Unlike what you see in the media, aura is not inherently good or evil. It only does what it is told, for better or for worse. Those that can sense aura, or auramancers, can often manipulate it to help or harm."

"Like magic?" Dawn was excited.

Riley smiled. "I suppose you can call it magic. The most basic form anyone can master is the Swanna Song of folklore. But with dedicated training, and a deep bond with those around you, you can do some amazing things."

He went on "My order, the Order of the Celestial Aura, is a peacekeeping order first and foremost. We work alongside law enforcement to investigate rogue auramancers and others that are misusing and abusing aura to their own ends. When I heard of the wild phenomenon out here, I was asked to help out...so here we are."

As the group rounded the corner into an alcove, Riley laid a hand on Ash's chest. "Okay...I can sense all the colors of aura in your heart, Ash. But the two strongest colors are red, which is fire, and yellow, which is thunder."

"Wait, colors of aura?" Ash was confused.

"Being the natural energy of all things, aura energy itself comes in a variety of colors." Riley explained as he watched Vivi bound on ahead to scout a path. "In its purest form, aura is a bright blue-white. But depending on the elemental energy around it, it can come in different colors. In your case, you have all the colors of aura in your heart, but fire and thunder are the two strongest elements you could theoretically control if you wanted to develop your power."

"Meaning..." Ash beckoned Riley to continue.

"Your heart shines with the burning spirit of courage; and the creativity and quick thinking of a thunderbolt. If someone is in danger, you are often first to answer the call to help." Riley explained. "However, you do not want to jump to conclusions or charge into the fray without considering your options. With an excitable aura like yours, it is not easy to stop and think things over. But if you take the time to master this skill, it will benefit you both on the battlefield and off of it."

"I'm working on thanking tactically..." Ash assured Riley.

"Ooh, what kind of aura would I have?" Dawn asked.

Riley laid a hand on Dawn's chest. "Okay...the two strongest colors I sense inside you are blue, which is water, and white, which is light. Water is an ever changing element, and easily adaptable to any situation. By extension, you would also be able to tap into cyan aura, which is ice, and your white aura lends you healing powers."

He told Dawn. "Your bond with your Piplup has granted you a very versatile power. Just as a river flows to the sea, so will your abilities grow and change. You have worked hard to come this far, but no path to victory is ever free of troubles. If you ever find yourself in the depths of despair, the light will show you the way forward."

"Point duly noted." Dawn smiled.

"I'll bite...what color aura would I have?" Brock asked.

Riley laid a hand on Brock's chest. "Okay...all the colors are fairly strong, but green--which is earth--is the strongest. Your heart is as strong as a mountain, unbending to the storms of life. But this doesn't mean you are set in your ways. You are willing to hear different perspectives, and learn new things. The song in your heart bursts forth like a rose, ready to inspire, to entertain, to teach, encourage, and comfort. Though you were brought up in the mountains, you can also tap into the valley's power to unleash flower and plant based spells as well as rock and jewel based ones."

"Interesting..." Brock smiled as he watched Riley lay a hand on Danielle's chest.

"I sense three strong colors inside you." Riley explained to Danielle. "Purple has long been associated with royalty, but it is also known for its spiritual side. With purple aura, you can manipulate stars, and both help and hurt with the very cosmos itself. All performers strive to be stars--what kind of star you become depends on how you channel your aura. Above all, the stage is not all about you, but a group effort. Your quick thinking and yearning for growth from your other colors will allow you and your fellow performers to reach for the stars...and beyond."

About then, Vivi returned. [If we follow the spiral hill up ahead, we should find the drones' base.]

"All right." Riley replied before motioning for everyone to follow him. "Let's move on."

To Be Continued...
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 83b: Steeling Peace of Mind! (part 2)

The group emerged from a cave to discover a large campsite emblazoned with familiar G logos. "I knew Team Galactic was here..." Danielle grumbled as the group started towards the camp.

Mars peeked out from a small building and smiled when she noticed the group was approaching. "Oh, visitors! You're just in time to see Team Galactic's latest invention--the Metala-Sounder 5000!"

The group watched in horror as Mars inserted a strange key into a slot in the rocks, sending out a powerful low pitched sound wave. "I see--Galactic has taken the same principle as the move Metal Sound and somehow transformed it into mind control that only works on Steel types."

"That makes sense!" Dawn gasped. "Even a coordinator knows that Metal Sound's main purpose in battle is to lower the target's resistance to special attacks--so by that logic, the target can be vulnerable to mind control!"

Ash noticed Vivi approaching them, now with eerie red eyes. "Kinda like Vivi!"

Vivi lunged to attack the group, but Riley tackled his Lucario, pinning her to the ground. "I'm going to need help holding Vivi down..." Riley explained. "I have an idea as to how to snap Vivi out of the wild state!"

Ash hurried over to restrain Vivi as Riley laid a hand on the struggling Lucario's chest--being careful not to touch the spike in the center. "Evil residing inside of my companion, behold the power of Arceus! Leave my companion's body, and return to the abyss from whence you came!"

With that, he sang Gatrandis favel, secret, edena...
    Emusto ronzen fine el balaziis...
    Katoradis favel siicletu edena...

Dawn's panicked look turned to joy as as Vivi was surrounded in a rainbow aura. Emusto koron zen fine, si...

Vivi's eyes flickered open. [What happened...I don't know what came over me!]

"It was the wild state..." Riley wheezed. "You were forced to attack us, in spite of yourself."

After healing Riley from his weariness, Vivi looked over at the rock. [The Galactic rogue said the machine that generated the wild state was in the rock. I will go on ahead and attempt to disarm the machine--if I need help, come to my aid.]

"I always do, Vivi." Riley smiled before hugging Vivi. "Be careful in there."

"Get your bow ready--this could get bad." Ash instructed Brock as the group followed Vivi into the cave...

---------

The group gasped as they found Vivi battered and beaten some time later. [I'm sorry, Riley...the rogues knew we were coming...]

"Twinkle, I need you!" Danielle called, summoning an Alolan Ninetales to support the group.

[WAUUUGH!] Kori cried as she tripped over a cracked floor, creating a hole!

"I gotcha, Kori!" Dawn leaped over some rocks and caught Kori by the fin moments before she could fall in the hole. "There...now don't let go!"

A roar got her attention "Oh no..."

Brock recognized the roar as a huge steel snake Pokemon loomed over Dawn and Kori. "Steelix!"

"I'll go deal with Mars--Brock, Danielle, help Riley save Dawn and Kori!" Ash called before running to engage Mars and her Purugly Leona. "Erin, let's do this!"

[I'll freeze this for you...] Twinkle purred before freezing the head of the arrow Brock was about to shoot.

"Thanks, Twinkle." Brock replied before aiming the glowing frosty arrow at the Steelix.

"My bow is the azure sky!" Riley called, creating a sparkling blue bow made of ice. "Repent before my cerulean vortex!"

He next aimed a magical arrow glowing with many colors at the Steelix. "Aurora Arrow!"

Both Brock's shot and Riley's spell impacted the Steelix at the same time. "Whoa..." was all Dawn could say as she helped Kori onto solid ground again.

[Nice shot!] Kori smiled.

A flash of an Aura Sphere informed the others that Ash had won against Mars. "You lot may have won today, but your quest ends here!" Mars began.

"What?" Ash gasped as the group reunited.

"I've put explosives in this cave, and you lot will go down with it when they go off." Mars explained as she made her way to a large opening, where a helicopter had arrived to pick her up. "Good luck getting out in five minutes!"

Ash looked unusually calm as the helicopter took off. "We can't dig our way out--the cave floor is solid rock..."

An idea came to him. "Gaia, help us get out of here!"

Riley smiled as Gaia created a strong vine for the group to climb out. "A great idea...while you make your escape, we will attempt to disarm or contain the explosives."

"Thanks, Riley..." Dawn smiled as she made her way up the vine. "For everything!"

---------

"I hope Riley and Vivi found the explosives..." Danielle mused as she and Twinkle reunited with the group some time later.

Riley and Vivi materialized near the alcove the group was hiding in some moments later. "We'll see if our containment works..."

Seconds later, a blue ball filled with fire flew out of the cave, exploding in the sky. [Now THAT was some fireworks!] Kori smiled, relieved that the island was unharmed.

"Nice try, Mars!" Ash yelled in defiance to the starry sky.

Professor Carolina arrived moments later. "Cynthia told me everything." she explained to Ash before meeting with Riley.

Ash watched the uneasy discussion for a moment. "I guess this is our cue to leave..."

"Yeah...exit, stage right, to Canalave City." Danielle agreed as the group departed to the docks.

---------

"Cyrus...I am so sorry for failing to destroy Iron Island." Mars sobbed as she almost bowed before Cyrus. "I had the explosives, and hat-boy and pals right where I wanted them!"

"There, there...it's only a temporary setback." Cyrus assured Mars. "You did what you could given the circumstances, and that is more than enough for me."

"Thank you..." Mars heaved a sigh of relief.

Cyrus, meanwhile, entered another room in the Galactic headquarters. "Saturn...how is the excavation of Spear Pillar going?"

"Excellent, boss!" Saturn smiled. "Even with only a 60% scan, we have still made headway in our search for the Spear Pillar."

Cyrus smiled. "Wonderful news...our quest to create a new world will continue."

To Be Continued...

@Scytherwolf; @Soups;

Episode 84a: Hold the Phione! (part 1)

"Here we are! This is Chocovine Town!" Dawn made a grand gesture to a town in the distance as the group disembarked in the harbor a few days later.

"You couldn't have picked a better site for your next Contest and my next Fantasy Stage." Brock smiled as the group made their way into town. "This place is beautiful!"

"I'll say!" Ash was equally impressed as the group strolled through a marketplace.

Just then, Dawn noticed a stand selling all kinds of merchandise depicting a small blue round-headed Pokemon. "Aw, these are cute!" she smiled as she hugged a doll of the tiny Pokemon.

Ash, meanwhile, decided to read up on the Pokemon:

"Phione, the sea drifter Pokemon. It drifts in warm seas. It always returns to where it was born, no matter how far it may have drifted."

"They say that Phione bring good luck to those who spot them." the seller explained. "If you're interested, you can go on our scenic ocean tour and see the Phione up close."

Then, something occurred to him. "In fact, every Coordinator and minstrel that visited Chocovine and saw a Phione won the Contest or Fantasy Stage they entered."

"Sounds fun!" Dawn smiled as she put the Phione doll back on the shelf. "Maybe we both could earn a little luck spotting Phione."

"I wonder what kind of song Brock would come up with starring a Phione." Ash mused as Dawn received some information about the tour.

"Depending on how much time I had to research before the Fantasy Stage, I could find plenty of Phione lore." Brock explained. "Said research would then inform how I wrote the song."

"Speaking of research..." Ash addressed Dawn again. "Have you decided who's going to participate in the Contest yet?"

"Yeah--I'm using Stormy this time." Dawn replied.

[Aw....] Kori sighed. [I wanted to go onstage with you...]

"I know...but the other Pokémon look up to you as the leader." Dawn explained. "It would mean the world to everyone if you cheer them on."

[You're right--if everyone knows I've got their back, they'll do much better!] Kori smiled, now in a better mood.

Dawn smiled back at Kori before looking over the tour brochure. "If we're going on the ocean tour, we need to be at the docks at 7 PM..."

---------

Ash was a little nervous as he came aboard a submarine that night. "Bad flashbacks of Team Rocket and their sub..."

"Relax--Team Rocket are not even here." Brock assured Ash. "This is just a scenic tour around the harbor--no more, and no less."

"I'll trust you, then..." Ash replied, a little unnerved by a trio of boys in leather jackets and well loved T shirts. Then again, delinquents are even worse!

The intercom seemed to calm Ash. "Welcome to the Chocovine Scenic Ocean Tour." the captain began. "In just a few minutes, you'll see the wealth of aquatic life that call the harbor home, including the world famous Phione. We strive to keep the sea Pokemon safe, so all the subs in our fleet are powered by powerful batteries, so as not to harm the Pokemon or their environment."

Interested murmurs filled the sub. "For your safety, please remain in the passenger area for the duration of our voyage..." the captain went on.

"Hope you brought your cameras, you two--this is gonna be amazing!" Dawn smiled. Ash nervously smiled back as he listened to the safety spiel.

After a few tense moments, the submarine dove beneath the water. While many of the other tourists on board the sub were oohing and ahing over the rainbow of corals, Ash spotted three Phione curiously swimming to one of the viewing portholes. "Hello, little guys!"

"How cute! Thank you for your gift of fortune! Thank you!" Many of the other tourist started calling thanks and praises to the three Phione as they weaved and whirled through the water.

One of the Phione noticed Lola watching with Dawn. <i>I'm gonna find a way to get to the surface and play with that Buneary!</i>

---------

"Okay, my rock-solid Pokemon strategist...how do you suggest I take on the Gym Leader of Snowpoint City?" Ash asked as Brock arrived with the group's breakfast.

Brock set down a coffee cup on a table, then addressed Ash. "Their Fire weakness is very well known, but they are also weak against fighting types. So Diddy and Erin are likely your best bets. Since Water doesn't bat an eye to Ice, Tails could be on standby if you lose either Diddy or Erin."

"I hate to interrupt your important discussion, but I'm off to go coord shopping for the contest." Dawn began as she joined the boys in the room. "I know there's a Prism Stardust shop here, but I mainly want to see what other brands are here. I won't be long."

"Okay if we meet in the square of the shopping district?" Ash suggested. "Then we can have lunch and look at coords together."

"Works for me! See you guys in a little while!" With that, Dawn departed.

Brock waved as Dawn made her way to a bus stop, then continued his discussion with Ash. "The only thing that may throw you off is the Leader's Medicham, which she likely put on her team to throw off Fighting types..."

To Be Continued...