The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Emolga Influenza Epidemic

“HA-choo!” Janobii sniffled. Blowing her nose into a tissue, Janobii groaned. She sent Chakra another angry text before reaching over to take some more medicine.

It had been almost a week since Chakra had “accidentally” doused her in Pika-Flu powder. Janobii was still quite sure that he had done it on purpose just to get back at her for being so incredibly awesome and adorable, but either way, it was too late to discuss it much now. For now, Janobii was just trying to motivate herself to get out of bed.

Janobii pulled herself out of her temptingly comfortable bed and collapsed onto the floor. Dragging herself to the bathroom, she began to prepare for the day, as college stopped for no one and the next iteration of moderator duties began today. Filling the sink with hot water, Janobii washed her face and let the steam clear out her sinuses. She rubbed her face with a wet washcloth, careful not to rub her electric sacs. She wiped the fog off her mirror and froze.

Janobii shrieked.

“Janobii, what’s wr-... hahaha!” Neo snickered as he peeked into the bathroom. “Well this is an interesting turn of events. I must say, you look quite dashing.”

“It’s not funny!” Janobii replied. She blew her nose into a tissue and let out a long whine. “This can’t be a happening!” She turned back to the mirror and pat her face. “I’m an emolga!”

“Man, these past two weeks have not been your best. First, Pika-Flu and now it looks like you got a case of Emolga Influenza,” Neo teased as he jabbed Janobii with his elbow.

Neo! This isn’t funny! Chakra was working on a cure for Pika-Flu not Emolga Influenza! Now I’m going to be stuck as a not Shaymin for even longer!” Janobii pouted as she stared at herself in the mirror. “What am I going to do?”

Neo pat Janobii on the back and said, “Hey, don’t fret too much about it. We’ve already got the basics for a Pika-Flu cure, now we just have to adapt it to your case. Just try to go through your day like normal. Okay?” Before Janobii could answer, Neo’s phone rang. The admin pulled out his phone and answered, “Hello? Senior Administrator Neo Emolga speaking.”

Janobii leaned in as she heard Chakra’s voice come over the other end of the receiver. “Hey Neo! I finally synthesized that Pika-Flu cure for Janobii! Ready to go administer it to her?”

“Uhh…” Neo glanced at Janobii nervously. “We have a bit of a problem in that regard. You might want to come look for yourself.”

“That’s a strange request but alright, I’ll be over in a few minutes.”

Neo looked at Janobii as he hung up. “Finish getting ready, then come downstairs.”

Janobii nodded then Neo exited. She sighed as she stared in the mirror before sneezing again. Taking some of her other medicines, Janobii finished her morning routine, then started to walk down the stairs. She stumbled and then took a tumble down to the first floor. “Ugh… I hate walking on two legs.” Pushing herself back up to two legs, Janobii made her way to the living room where Neo was chilling. She had just sat down when there was a knock at her front door. Janobii let out a loud groan.

Neo waved his hand. “I got it. Just stay seated.” He stood up and quickly made his way to the door.

Chakra barged in right as the door was opened. “So what’s seems to be the problem… oh. Yeah that might be an issue.”

“You think!” Janobii shouted. She crossed her arms as best she could, but having wings made it difficult. “Now what am I supposed to do? I can’t be stuck like this forever can I?”

Neo and Chakra exchanged a worried glance. Chakra swallowed roughly then said, “I’ll look into it with Bulbasaur. We’re bound to find something if we’re both working on it.” Chakra pulled out a syringe. “But just in case let’s try this.”

Janobii frowned but held out her arm. She watched as Chakra gave her the shot. Her nose twitched and she sneezed on Chakra as he backed up. Janobii covered her nose and mouth. “Sorry!”

Chakra grabbed some nearby tissues and wiped himself down. “It’s all good. No harm no foul.” Chakra turned back to Neo and said, “I’ll report back as soon as I can. In the meantime,” Chakra looked over his shoulder at Janobii, “just try to go about your normal routine but don’t stress yourself.”

Janobii nodded. “Alright, I’ll attempt.” She watched as Chakra left then tried to think of what she should do next. She glanced outside her window when she noticed a lost torchic wandering around her yard. It took her a moment to realize that it was Blaquaza! Janobii stood up and opened the window. “Hey Blaquaza!” she called.

Blaquaza jumped and waved his feathers at Janobii. “Hello! How are you feeling today, Janobii?”

“Could be better, could be worse. Kinda gotten turned into an emolga.”

Blaquaza squinted at Janobii before nodding. “That’s what’s different about you! I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I thought maybe you had gotten a new haircut or something.”

Janobii squinted at Blaquaza before waving him off. “Whatever, it doesn’t matter. What are you up to today anyway?”

Blaquaza approached Janobii’s window and showed her the tablet he had strapped to him. “Checking out all the boards and thinking of some new Gen 8 news to report on. Did you hear the starters have already been leaked? Granted it was on 4chan but that’s where the Alolan starters were initially leaked too so we can’t discount it just yet.”

Janobii rolled her eyes and said, “Okay, just remember to say that it’s not official. Alright?” She felt her nose twitch again and before she could stop herself, she sneezed on Blaquaza. “Ugh, sorry. I’m still a little sick.”

“It’s alright.” Blaquaza backed up a bit. “Maybe just take a nap? You’ve still got time before classes right?”

“True. Alright. I’ll talk to you later!” Janobii waved to Blaquaza as she shut the window. Setting an alarm on her phone, Janobii crawled over on the couch and drifted off to sleep. It was nice and peaceful until she was rudely awakened by the blaring of loud horns.

Janobii rubbed her eyes as she sat up. What was going on? It took her a minute to recognize the alarm. That was the PSA alarm. She opened her window again and listened to the message.

“This is a Public Service Announcement.

It appears that a mutated strain of the Pika Flu has swept through many members of the moderator staff. Dubbed Emolga Influenza, we are not entirely sure where it came from or what it's side effects are other than the obvious. We are currently tracking down the source of the flu's mutation and hope to locate it soon. In the meantime, avoid the contaminated mod staff as you can, and if you have any urges to fly or start sneezing electricity, contact Neo Emolga immediately. Hopefully a vaccine will be developed in time to prevent further spread of this epidemic.”

Well that didn’t sound good. Janobii started to look around for her phone to call Neo when she heard a low growling coming from outside. She squinted at her backyard and spotted two emolgas, except, they were almost zombie-like. Slamming her window shut, Janobii dashed for her phone and dialed up Neo.

“Janobii! Oh thank Arceus you’re alive!”

“Neo! What’s going on?”

“The Emolga Influenza strain was bugged or something. All normal non-senior staff members that are infected turn into zombies!”

“What?”

“Just get to the Mod CP right away. We’re going to have to call in a Code M.A.D.D.E.R.”

“Not a Code M.A.D.D.E.R.!”

“Yes, we’re going to need to purge the site. Now hurry up!”

Janobii hung up and made a dash for the Mod CP portal inside her house. She heard windows breaking from back in the living room, which wasn’t good. Turning on the portal, Janobii released she was leaving someone important behind. “Peaches!” Janobii dashed back through the house to her bedroom and grabbed the small platypus piplup. Dashing back to the portal, she could hear their groans echoing inside the house. It didn’t take the portal long to boot up and Janobii dashed inside as soon as the security key was valid.

On the other side, Chakra, Bulbasaur, Neo, Sarah, and Xanthe were all huddled around a bunch of computers. Xanthe looked up and dashed over to Janobii, giving her a giant bearhug. “You made it! And you brought Peaches!”

“Yep! They don’t do much but I thought better to rescue them. No need for them to become a zombie too.” Janobii looked at Neo. “What’s the status of Code M.A.D.D.E.R.?”

“Almost ready to go,” Neo said. He taps the keys on the keyboard a few more times before hitting the enter key. “Alright, we are a go for launch.”

“Let’s head to the senior forums where Harry is waiting to take shelter,” Sarah instructed.

As the group made their way to the portal to the senior forums, a series of low groans filled the Mod CP. Janobii glanced behind her before recoiling in surprise as she watched Bulbasaur’s body contort and change from green to yellow and brown. “He’s changing!” she shrieked.

“Everybody run!” Sarah shouted. The five made a mad dash for the portal but Bulbasaur was too quick. He tackled Xanthe from behind and began to wrestle with her.

“Super Secret Double Agent Buddy!” Janobii called back.

“Don’t worry about me!” Xanthe replied. “Just save yourselves!” She threw Bulbasaur off and began to fight with him.

Janobii, Chakra, Neo, and Sarah gave Xanthe a salute then ran for the portal, closing it behind them as they passed through. Reuniting with HKim and the other remnants of the senior staff, they watched as Code M.A.D.D.E.R. was initiated. The server was wiped clean, and everyone in it alongside it except for those within the borders of the senior staff forums.

Neo shook his head and looked at Sarah. “We’ll have to start over again. On another new site.”

Sarah put a vine on Neo’s shoulder. “It’s alright. We’ve cured Pika-Flu since PE2K, and we’re close to curing Emolga Influenza, so long as we don’t get a Pachirisu Plague anytime soon, I think this is a dawn of a new day. We can and will rebuilding.”

Neo nodded and turned to Chakra and Janobii. “Congratulations, you two, you’re officially Administrators. Of what, we’ll soon find out. But take this time to celebrate, because we have a lot of work ahead of us.”
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Stories about PXR members are the best! XD

That ending, though. Ouch. Poor Xanthe and everyone else. >.<

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha awesome story! But wow nuking the whole forum is pretty brutal. I hope you guys get this Emolga flu under control before it comes to that xD
    or was this your plan all along so you can be an admin... XD
    GCEA

Administrator

These PXR stories can always get pretty crazy. Cause there's always members that get into trouble somehow. Oof, but the costs can be high. It's all in good fun though xD. Rebuilding would be tough, especially after such an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Haha awesome story! But wow nuking the whole forum is pretty brutal. I hope you guys get this Emolga flu under control before it comes to that xD
    Nuking the entire forum was crazy, but with dire strain that was about to wipe all Pokézistance out and the Emolga-Flu infection.....were the costs truly worth it? XD

We both became a Senior Mod together. Only natural we'd work to make Admin together too ;p
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 03-04-2018 at 11:40 PM.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

6. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Ah, noble Xanthe. Forever sacrificing herself for the greater good. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    We both became a Senior Mod together. Only natural we'd work to make Admin together too ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

9. This post has been liked by: