Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stressed Out

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    I don't notice until I literally feel the urge to just straight up freak out or until someone does something stupid and I get disproportionately pissed off.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Stage 1: Minor headaches and more difficulty sleeping. Generally happens when I don’t have time to relax but doesn’t last more than a day.

Stage 2: Forgetting or In-ability to eat or drink. On top of the previously mentioned symptoms, if I have like a test or a presentation, I’ll forget to eat. And if I do remember and try to eat, I’ll throw it back up out of sheer nervousness and stress. I generally just don’t eat during these periods. The longest of these spells has lasted three days, where I was barely getting by on saltines and sprite.

Stage 3: Depression and mood swings. Generally post a bad test grade but can occur before a test, this generally occurs due to a sheer lack of energy from not sleeping or eating. This is when I start to get really vulnerable to everything around me. Just about anything could set me off or cause me to break down into tears. I generally seclude myself during this stage to avoid an incident.

Stage 4: Migraines and dry heaving. On top of everything else, my lack of food and sleep causes me to start getting migraines as wellad causes me to dry heave because of the lack of food in my stomach. This makes me even more irritable and so far has only happened during Finals week. Again, I generally seclude myself during this stage to avoid incident, as I’ll snap at just about anybody if given the opportunity.

Stage 5: Panic Attacks. I’ve only ever reached this stage once. It’s not fun. It happened during the roommate situation I talked about a while back and I had to have some calm me down before I could start functioning. I was in the middle of class too and it felt like my entire body was shutting down. I couldn’t understand anything that was being said to me, my chest hurt, I couldn’t breathe, and I was so scared. I’ve never been that terrified in my life. I ended up almost having a second panic attack later but my friends managed to keep me grounded during that one. I don’t know what triggers this, but I do know it has to be a very extreme amount of stress and terror given the situation I was in when I had them the first time.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Only time I get so stressed I can't eat is when it hits me to a point I feel depressed. Yeah it's a form of being stressed. Like something that happens I just feel so depressed or upset I just can't eat. I feel worse or more sick if I try eating. It's a hard one to break. It usually takes days after if not weeks to get over. I only felt it a few times and it's not a good feeling.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Most of my stress occurs either when something goes wrong (though I am usually able to improvise something very quickly before it sets in) or when I am trying to sleep, and it keeps me up.

Usually I calm myself down my telling myself how stupid and insignificant the problem is in the grand scheme of things.

I literally just cry. It all builds up and then I explode