Thread: Smile!

Smile!

Is your smile genuine?

Typically, no... I try my best to put on a smile when interacting with other people, but they can probably tell that it's a bit forced. It's never anything personal; my range of expression is just very limited. For me, it's the norm to wear a blank face even when I'm feeling accomplished or happy.

✪ || FurAffinity | Tumblr | deviantART || ✪
    Banner is by Novareii

Not exactly on my end either. I despise being told to smile for any reason, especially if it's to have my picture taken.
    In fact, in plenty of social situations, I just find myself not even smiling to begin with. Don't know how that makes me come off to the other party, but it's not something I can help...
    Unless they, like, compliment my shirt or something. That gets a tiny grin out of me, I think.

For pictures though, since it makes me look slightly less terrible, I just try to think about something that's made me happy or that makes me laugh so that I give a genuine smile (and so I'm not badgered about my smile as well).

Miles // he/him // INFP. ☆|☆ I draw every so often.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    Depends on the smile. I can pull out everything from genuine sunny smile to a showing teeth in a way that makes people doubt my sanity.

The latter usually comes out when I'm imitating my giggling maniacal sociopathic villains, usually in an attempt to figure out what they'll do.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think mine is generally genuine. I smile at pretty much everyone who looks at me in a "hi" sort of way, just cos I dunno what else to do. XD
    GCEA

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I don't smile a lot of the time, unless it's for something like work and I HAVE to. But then it's fake. xD Even when talking to people I tend not to smile. However my smile is genuine when I'm in a good mood and having fun, which is rare these days aha.