Thread: Hello there

Hello there

Guess I never made a thread here, so...

I joined this site way back when people were moving over from Pe2k, but didn't really stick around. Probably won't this time either, to be honest: I kinda just happened to remember about this place in passing today and figured I'd take a look around.

Anyone from Pe2k still around? I've lost contact with most of my old Pe2k acquaintances, and of the two that I still (very sporadically) talk to, I know that neither of them visit (or even know about) this place - for all I know, maybe they lost interest in Pokemon ;(

Administrator

Hey there, Ridley! I'm not a member from PE2K. I found it one day in passing after it died out and hotbed led here myself. I've come to know a many of great members from the original PE2K site now though. A good few are still here today. Many you would probably recognize too!

Whether you can stick around or not it's nice to meet you! Sadly in time many move away or lose interest or life just catches up to them and disappear. Hopefully you can or are able to stick around with us and get to know a few of the new members of PXR here today. Either way, nice to see another member from PE2K!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ooh Ridley! Hello :) There are still some PE2K people here. If you're looking for someone particular let us know!

Either way it's nice to see you even if you're only popping in. :)
    GCEA

Welcome back, @Ridley! I don't come from PE2K, but it's nice to meet you! Have fun here on PXR! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Thanks for the welcome, you guys :)

And hi Sarah! I can't say I remember having many conversations with you, but I definitely remember seeing you around Pe2k very frequently!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    There are still some PE2K people here. If you're looking for someone particular let us know!
    Nah, not really. Was mostly just wondering if anyone from that crowd was left.

Although I'm curious if anyone knows what Ryan (was that Pe2k's name?) has been up to. Did he disappear after Pe2k fell apart?

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    What's up Ridley? I'm from PE2K. :]

Also yeah, I haven't heard anything about Ryan. I think he vanished.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, you guys :)

And hi Sarah! I can't say I remember having many conversations with you, but I definitely remember seeing you around Pe2k very frequently!

Nah, not really. Was mostly just wondering if anyone from that crowd was left.

Although I'm curious if anyone knows what Ryan (was that Pe2k's name?) has been up to. Did he disappear after Pe2k fell apart?
    I spoke to Ryan a couple years ago. He's doing well for himself with his own business. :) PE2K was costing too much to keep online considering it was just full of spambots so that's why he decided to take it down permanently. He did drop in on Discord a couple years ago but I haven't seen him since then.
    GCEA

Hi Bulbasaur! Sorry, can't say I remember you, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I spoke to Ryan a couple years ago. He's doing well for himself with his own business. :) PE2K was costing too much to keep online considering it was just full of spambots so that's why he decided to take it down permanently. He did drop in on Discord a couple years ago but I haven't seen him since then.
    Glad to hear he's doing well! And I had forgotten how badly riddled with spambots the site was towards the end of its life. I imagine it must really hurt to see the community you've built up become invaded by those things and slowly abandoned...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    Hi Bulbasaur! Sorry, can't say I remember you, though...

Glad to hear he's doing well! And I had forgotten how badly riddled with spambots the site was towards the end of its life. I imagine it must really hurt to see the community you've built up become invaded by those things and slowly abandoned...
    Went by a different username. And I was really young and a noob at the time. So you're probably not missing much. XD

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links