[User Challenges] Chikorita's story

Hello everybody, I wrote this sad story for the third batch of the User Challenges. You have been warned :

Spoiler:
    It was a sunny Friday on Melemele Island, Route 2. A young Pokemon Trainer thought it was the right time and place to try the Island Scan. So, he tried it and a wild Chikorita appeared.
    -Wow, a Chikorita! I’m definitely going to try to catch it! It may be a powerful Pokemon! Poke Ball, go!
    The Poke Ball moved three times, then it stopped moving.
    -Yes, I caught a Chikorita! Wait, why doesn’t my Rotom Pokedex register it? This Pokemon sucks! Well, I’m going to try some battles with it anyway.
    So, the young Pokemon Trainer used his Chikorita in some battles, but the poor Grass-type Pokemon kept losing. After each lost battle, the angry trainer told Chikorita it was the worst Pokemon ever. Despite this terrible situation, Chikorita kept obeying him and being loyal to him.
    After about ten lost battles, the cruel trainer went to Melemele Meadow.
    -Litten, Growlithe, I choose you! Use Ember all over the place to make this stupid meadow burn!
    Both Fire-type Pokemon used Ember. When the entire meadow was burning, the terrible Pokemon Trainer made them go back to their Poke Balls and released Chikorita :
    -Goodbye, Chikorita! You are so useless and worthless! May you die slowly and painfully in the fire!
    After releasing the poor Grass-type Pokemon, he left the burning meadow.

Soon after that, another young Pokemon Trainer went to Melemele Meadow and saw that it was on fire.
    -Popplio, Wingull, I choose you! Please stop this fire with your Water Gun!
    Both Water-type Pokemon used Water Gun until they managed to stop the fire. That’s when their trainer discovered the poor Chikorita on the ground, with a lot of burns on its little body. It was barely breathing.
    The Pokemon Trainer knew that Chikoritas don’t naturally live in Melemele Meadow, so she suspected that another trainer had released that Chikorita there, but of course, she didn’t know that this trainer had also started the fire. She said thank you to Popplio and Wingull, she made them go back to their Poke Balls, she took the Grass-type Pokemon in her arms and she ran to the nearest Pokemon Center.
    -Alola, Nurse Joy! This is an emergency! I found this poor Chikorita in Melemele Meadow after my Pokemon stopped a fire there!
    -Poor Chikorita! Thank you for bringing it here! I will try to save it, but I’m not sure it will survive. Chansey, let’s transfer it to the emergency room!
    -Chansey!

Soon after that, Nurse Joy had bad news for the Pokemon Trainer.
    -This Chikorita is extremely weak and very badly burnt. The Burn Heal had no effect and this poor Pokemon won’t eat any Rawst Berries. I’m sorry, but Chansey and I both think we should end its suffering.
    -Chansey…
    -Don’t worry, Nurse Joy, I understand and I agree with you. Thank you for trying to save it anyway.
    Then, the trainer, Nurse Joy and Chansey started crying. They came closer to the poor Grass-type Pokemon and Chansey inserted the final needle into Chikorita’s little body. Soon after that, Chikorita died. While the Pokemon Trainer was still crying, she said these words :
    -Dear Chikorita, I’m so sorry you suffered so much. Even though I didn’t spend much time with you, I’m sure you were a sweet and loyal Pokemon. I’m crying because you deserved a better life. I’m so sorry we couldn’t save you. In death, you are finally forever free. May you rest in peace.

@Bulbasaur

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

2. This post has been liked by:

I have never been so invoked with rage and sorrow at the same time. I actually probably have, but this is new to my forgetful brain! Like, it's good and well written. That's the problem, though. The direction this story took right off the bat had me fuming.

Dude, that first trainer is just dreadful. Like, why even be a Pokemon trainer with that attitude. That mentality makes a good villain, I guess. Then the other trainer is like me. Why is this happening, who would be so messed up as to burn a meadow and a weak helpless Pokemon. Like, let me find this kid, I'll slap him around and show him what's what. Boi, you gon' learn! You gon' burn worse than that Chikorita! Like, Chapter 2, Trainer B encounters a trainer bragging to his buddies about teaching that Chikorita a lesson for being weak. Then they just full on hulk smash his face with a Wood Hammer attack, no Pokemon Battle required.

I'm mad. Why you do this?
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

4. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Oh wow, this was so sad. ;_; That first trainer was so horrible! Sadly I could imagine things like that actually happening if Pokemon were real. :( Great story, Cleobel!
    GCEA

6. This post has been liked by:

@EmeraldSky @XaiakuX @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Thank you for liking and/or leaving a comment about this story. For the PXR User Challenges, I didn't feel like writing a happier story than this one. Sorry about that. :/

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I actually love sad stories. I think it was perfect. :)
    GCEA

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I actually love sad stories. I think it was perfect. :)
    Really? Thank you very much, Sarah. :)

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

It's okay to write whatever story you like--there's no rule that every story needs a happy ending.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

12. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Thank you for liking and/or leaving a comment about this story. For the PXR User Challenges, I didn't feel like writing a happier story than this one. Sorry about that. :/
    Don't be sorry. My expression was derived by the story, not the writing of the story. What you did was amazing work to trigger such an emotional response. Especially from someone who doesn't often show emotion. xD
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
    Don't be sorry. My expression was derived by the story, not the writing of the story. What you did was amazing work to trigger such an emotional response. Especially from someone who doesn't often show emotion. xD
    Really? Thank you very much, XaiakuX. :)