Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    URPG Staff

Ugh... oh man, I'm such a sucker for PMD and I'm such a sucker for just being able to play a Pokemon. This is in like, the top 10 things I shouldn't do that I'm definitely going to try.

Question: I see that we're able to create our own teams and recruit NPCs (that I presume that we control once we recruit!) as we go. But would it be okay if maybe one of us were to join a pre-existing team and adventure with them if that team's player were to give permission? (naturally, wouldn't be in that team from the start, but perhaps join one as they go [preferably something that's developed ICly, as I prefer most things to be]--I mostly ask because I've fashioned Rye as more of a follower than a leader!). If not, totally cool, just lemme know.

SU pending the above question, if the answer's a no then I'll rework a little with his own team!

EDIT: Question answered! Here's the SU:

Character's Name: Ryland "Rye"
    Backstory: A middle-class kid who has been bundled in a protective, sheltered cocoon for most of his life, one who has never known struggle. He's always been the quiet, mousy kid at school, with large round glasses and a wide-eyed stare that peeks out from behind bundled clothing. His parents emphasized school and nothing but--he graduated near the top of his class, with only one best friend. He chose a college where he could keep to himself and focus on improving himself and his studies, but ended up here.
    Personality: Rye's quiet, shy, and a bit skiddish at first, but he opens up relatively quickly. He's optimistic and naive about the world, always opting to believe the best about everyone around them, which makes him overly trusting. He doesn't exactly realize that not everyone has the best intentions, and has managed to go through the world without realizing that not everyone grew up as comfortably as he did. Rye isn't the best socially--he's never had many friends, and has never been the best at making friends. When he finds someone that he thinks likes him, he will often cling to that person out of fear of losing someone he can actually get close to. Pretty self-conscious. A scholar, he loves a good book, as well as learning new things and reading. Patient. Doesn't know how to deal with his own emotions in any capacity because he's never really been forced to, so he can be a bit of a stubborn baby.
    Dislikes: Failure, crowded places, eye contact
    Which Pokemon are you?: Joltik
    Defining features/colours etc.: One eye is a pleasant, pastel green while the other retains the deep, powdered blue that's characteristic to the species.
    Accessories: None yet!
    Special Ability: Perceptive--all four of Rye's eyes are pretty observant, so he's great at noticing little details and taking a lot in at once, and also great at puzzles.
    Rescue Team Name: none yet, will join an existing one through IC development!
    Last edited by K'sariya; 05-21-2018 at 05:11 PM.

head ranger / expert curator / ace chronicler
    urpg stats
    / national park stats / deviantart

Extra Clever Earthbound Spirit Gef's Avatar
    ^ I'm totally interested in forming a "collab" team, to create one character and leave them open for joining up with someone IC.

Sure has been a while, haha

I quite like the idea of co-op teams, especially since I was looking into joining late. @K'sariya I know you wanted to join an already developed team, but would you be interested in teaming up someone me who also just joined?

VPP

4. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    I quite like the idea of co-op teams, especially since I was looking into joining late. @K'sariya I know you wanted to join an already developed team, but would you be interested in teaming up someone me who also just joined?
    Oh, of course! I'm totally okay with developing a partnership ICly, whether it be with a team that has or hasn't been formed yet! Totally no preference, and I think it'd be a cool way to hop in late, if @Pokemon Trainer Sarah is okay with it! I can always make more characters, too, if @Gef is interested also. :eyes: Thanks for the responses <3 <3

urpg stats

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hmm. Well past of the mechanics is recruiting so I think collab teams will be ok but I probably wouldn't have more than 2 of you on the same team so that you can still recruit other Pokemon and stuff. But it's up to you, I don't have a problem with it. Just be aware that some of the mechanics we have set up may be a little more complex for you and you'll have to communicate to decide who does what. :)

Sorry we have been on a little pause as I've been busy with work. We will hopefully start up again soon so anyone who wants to join, try and get your sign up posted soon :)
    GCEA

Sounds alright with me!

I'll jump in with one character for now. Looking forward to playing with ya'll @Morzone @K'sariya

--> Sampath ("Sam")
    Defining Features:
    New to this world, Sampath materialized with the telltale cream coat and brown tips of Meowth-kind. He found himself fumbling about on his haunches -- a talent which, to most Meowth, would need extensive training came easily to a natural biped. The only commonality he missed, then, were claws, in their place mounted Quick Claws. Blunted and prosthetic, these are too dull to do damage as claws would, but could give Sampath a latent edge. If he allowed himself to cave to the tempting, whispering instincts welled up in his consciousness, he could feel the tingle of motion, vibration in his whiskers. He would find a terrific protectiveness of the big gold piece on his forehead, and a fixation for anything round and shiny.
    Backstory:
    A second-generation immigrant and aspiring science major from a household of lenient faith but stringent education. He arose from the rigor a kid-genius, the sort where skipping a grade or two in his early years was awarded with nonchalance, even expectation. But, throughout his childhood, he attributed little to his intellect but its ability to isolate — within the homogeneity of his home region, he stood alone on a education path that de-prioritized the "personal growth" of Pokemon training; he practiced idiosyncratic tradition in a world where cultural identity had been long phased out and forgotten. The boy staggered through life with a smile, nonetheless, and the few who got to know him — mainly teachers and alike "oddballs" — could describe "Sam" as an emphatic and engaging individual. He transferred to a place of higher learning — really the place. Was it the warm weather that got to his head? Whatever it was, Sam controlled a colorful, bacchanalian party scene. He divvied his time between studies and excitement with increasing preference towards the latter. It showed in his grades. With less funds coming in favor of an evident failure, he painted the excursion as a trip to "clear his head", rediscover a passion for passionless, detached research that had never inspired him, and buckle down — or escape everything. Who knew?
    Purr-sonality:
    Sampath, or "Sam" — he answers to either — has always been adept at veiling with good intention. He likes people-- er, Pokémon now, past the pleasantries. He'll listen keenly, he'll run you an errand or two, and then he expects the same. You'll owe Sam-- all outgoing and gregarious! There's a touch of rebel in him from the way he might recline back, the way he might choose not to hear choice phrasing. He's independent, and truly out for himself, in a sense. He says as he wills, which can resonate as brazen. He acts on impulse, which can agitate synergy. But, all-in-all, good communication often brings him on-board. He's the voluble sort, and he learns the most from engaging others on that front. He projects a persistently lax, sunny temperament, and considers himself more a cheerleader than a team leader; he would hate to take responsibility. Sam would say, "Oh, no, I couldn't! You should take the lead!" Just that humble, or lazy? Would such a diligent student in a past life be such a slouch? In every inch, he's the feline he was turned into.
    • Likes self-sufficiency; window-shopping; gossip; organizing; conflict.
    • Dislikes prosaicness; "pessimism" — acknowledging faults and the have-nots around him; rain.

Special Ability: To bring good fortune. Meowth-Sam may not know it yet but luck will tend to favor him in these curious 'Mystery Dungeons,' often in material gains. He is likely to come across items that are helpful for where he is, items that he may not understood but that could prove useful if he learns -- it's not so much having an instantaneous wish granted; it works in contrary to his impetuosity. He will have to learn more about the serendipity as he grows as an explorer.
    Last edited by Gef; 05-22-2018 at 07:59 PM.

A lovely Secret Santa gift year round!

URPG Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Hmm. Well past of the mechanics is recruiting so I think collab teams will be ok but I probably wouldn't have more than 2 of you on the same team so that you can still recruit other Pokemon and stuff. But it's up to you, I don't have a problem with it. Just be aware that some of the mechanics we have set up may be a little more complex for you and you'll have to communicate to decide who does what. :)

Sorry we have been on a little pause as I've been busy with work. We will hopefully start up again soon so anyone who wants to join, try and get your sign up posted soon :)
    Thanks for the response. I'm totally okay with it making our lives a little bit harder as long as it doesn't complicate yours too much, haha! I've un-spoilered and edited my SU above for approval. I'm a big sucker for mostly purely IC development, so how Rye interacts with everyone else will decide which team he tries to IC-ly join! Thanks so much.

Looking forward to RPing with you as well! @Gef @Morzone

urpg stats

9. This post has been liked by:

Gef 

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah Just finished my sign-up for Sampath! Plan to skim through the current IC to get a grip on things.

Another question: will we be keeping track of the traditional moves and abilities?

A lovely Secret Santa gift year round!

Quote Originally Posted by Gef View Post
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Just finished my sign-up for Sampath! Plan to skim through the current IC to get a grip on things.

Another question: will we be keeping track of the traditional moves and abilities?
    Sorry for the late response on my part. Moves and abilities would be more or less personal choices within your characters story. Battles in the rp are more or less a story battles. We did this to give people creative choices.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

12. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yep, what Max said. :) You incorporate moves and abilities into the stories as part of your characters growth if you like, bit they won't affect the actual mechanics of the battles which will be written out in RP style.
    @Gef @K'sariya
    Both accepted, welcome to the RP! We might give everyone else a couple more days to sign up and then we can introduce you into the RP together. :)
    GCEA