Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rubik's Cube

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Rubik's Cube

Do you know how to solve a Rubik's cube? Have you ever solved one? How close have you gotten to solving one?

I am this close to being able to finish one. Have memorized everything and can do it without the guide except for one step so I am going to try and learn that tomorrow. But learnt most of it in my spare time today and am quite proud if it.

Once I learn this last algorithm I'll probably be able to do it between 2-5 minutes.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

These are the kinds of things I'd spend maybe ten minutes on and then it would become a permanent addition to the wall. XD

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    These are the kinds of things I'd spend maybe ten minutes on and then it would become a permanent addition to the wall. XD
    Haha the last few days I have been really big on brain teasers. I had time to kill at the shops Saturday afternoon so bought an entanglement puzzle and have been hooked since. Figured it out within an hour and a half but forgot how I did it so spent a few more days redoing it. Glad k got the cube now.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yes, actually! I was into speedcubing for a bit. I have around 20 cubes of different sizes/variations. My record for a 3x3 is 45 seconds.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    Haha the last few days I have been really big on brain teasers. I had time to kill at the shops Saturday afternoon so bought an entanglement puzzle and have been hooked since. Figured it out within an hour and a half but forgot how I did it so spent a few more days redoing it. Glad k got the cube now.
    Some of them were fun, I'll admit. I had a few that were made of wood shapes and ropes and the objective was to remove a metal ring or something along those lines. A few of them I figured out without resorting to looking at the "cheat sheet." Others... let's just say I messed up so bad to the point where the cheat sheet wasn't even helpful because I couldn't even get it back to how it started off. :P

My solution to a Rubik's Cube was to peel the stickers off and swap them with the others. But once you're done with that standard Rubik's Cube, you can move onto this bad boy right here!

Oh, and this looks like fun too while you're at it.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Some of them were fun, I'll admit. I had a few that were made of wood shapes and ropes and the objective was to remove a metal ring or something along those lines. A few of them I figured out without resorting to looking at the "cheat sheet." Others... let's just say I messed up so bad to the point where the cheat sheet wasn't even helpful because I couldn't even get it back to how it started off. :P

My solution to a Rubik's Cube was to peel the stickers off and swap them with the others. But once you're done with that standard Rubik's Cube, you can move onto this bad boy right here!

Oh, and this looks like fun too while you're at it.
    Dat white puzzle though. Looks evil.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I really like Rubik's cubes! I only got as far as being able to complete one side though. I figured it out myself without looking anything up. xD But I have no idea how to do the rest without wrecking the side I finished haha!

I've forgotten it all now :P
    GCEA

"Spin the middle side topwise"

Old Simpsons basically sums up how I feel about them.

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Finally memorized it all. Just timed myself. 3:39.

Senior Moderator

And last week I bought a 4x4x4 because I got bored of the 3x3x3. Then today I memorized the last formula so now I can solve any 4x4x4 that is assembled properly...

When I can afford it, I am buying a 5x5x5...