Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Math

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Math

Do you consider yourself good at math? Bad at math? Okay at it?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I'm horrid at math. In fact it took me 3 years to pass Algebra in High School although I love Geometry and did a lot better at that then Algebra.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Ugh, math. I thought I was good at math and then algebra came along and kicked my butt in more places than I could remember. And its big brother calculus only made it worse! They nearly gave me panic attacks during the exams.

My big problem with math was there wasn't any way to have fun with it. Reading/literature you can have fun with. Art you can have a lot of fun with. History can be interesting. But math, no. Math there's only ONE WAY TO DO IT RIGHT and if you don't do it right, pain, pain, pain.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ugh, math. I thought I was good at math and then algebra came along and kicked my butt in more places than I could remember. And its big brother calculus only made it worse! They nearly gave me panic attacks during the exams.

My big problem with math was there wasn't any way to have fun with it. Reading/literature you can have fun with. Art you can have a lot of fun with. History can be interesting. But math, no. Math there's only ONE WAY TO DO IT RIGHT and if you don't do it right, pain, pain, pain.
    I think the part about "having fun" changes from person to person. I never had any fun with history, but some applications of math were kind of cool to me.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I'm stereotyped to be good at math, but am I? Not really.

I always found that math was a lot easier for people who enjoyed doing it.

There were times when I did, and times when I didn't, and failing not to procrastinate has always been my problem. I'm taking remedial math courses this semester though, and I'm passing all of my exams with flying colors, but then again it's pretty easy stuff to understand. :P

i'm very bad at math. i was always placed in the 'less advanced' math classes (i guess that's what you'd call them) in middle school and high school. i purposely chose to do a bachelor of arts because i only had to take one math class and one science class.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Very bad. Awful. I hate it. Least favorite subject. Mad respect for people who are good at it and like it. Their brains are wired in a way I can’t fathom but I can respect.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

When it comes to GCSE level stuff I think I'm alright at it, my parents and teachers all said I was mathematically minded when I was growing up. Little did they know I'd end up studying English Language at university. XD

Maths comes into play sometimes still when we're looking at data, and because it's fairly simple stuff (usually addition/subtraction and the odd percentage) I can get it done quickly. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

I've always been good at math and enjoy it. I don't know why, but my brain was hardwired to see patterns in numbers. I don't remember the patterns I used to use in class because I haven't been in a math class in a couple of years, but I remember them making for great shortcuts.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    I feel like that if I answer this question, I will be such an enormous outlier that all the data on the forum would be completely screwed.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!