Thread: Hello

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hi hi! Welcome to PXR!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Hi, welcome to PXR! I did the URPG a few years back, and it was great fun! I never knew there were Gym Leaders, which shows how much of a novice I am. What does being a Gym Leader for the URPG entail?

And Ghost-types are great! My favourite is Decidueye, but in terms of a more conventional Ghost I'm quite fond of Mimikyu too. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Hi, welcome to PXR! I did the URPG a few years back, and it was great fun! I never knew there were Gym Leaders, which shows how much of a novice I am. What does being a Gym Leader for the URPG entail?

And Ghost-types are great! My favourite is Decidueye, but in terms of a more conventional Ghost I'm quite fond of Mimikyu too. :D
    We are allowed a line up of 15 pokemon of a certain type. One of which can be a 'wild card' which is a pokemon that is essentially of the gym type but isn't it officially. Like Golduck is a psychic wild card, electivire a fighting wild card. My gym is a ghost gym with Rotom-Wash as my wild card (from a selection of Kanto Ninetales and every Rotom Appliance Form). Challengers can use any pokemon in their URPG rosters against the gym leader to fight them for their badge and a copy of their gym tms, with some extra prize money. If the player has completed 75% of the active gyms they may challenge the Elite Four (which I am now a part of) and eventually the Champion.

Mimikyu is amazing lol. And Decidueye is amazing. I wish Deci had more speed though.

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by juliorain View Post
    We are allowed a line up of 15 pokemon of a certain type. One of which can be a 'wild card' which is a pokemon that is essentially of the gym type but isn't it officially. Like Golduck is a psychic wild card, electivire a fighting wild card. My gym is a ghost gym with Rotom-Wash as my wild card (from a selection of Kanto Ninetales and every Rotom Appliance Form). Challengers can use any pokemon in their URPG rosters against the gym leader to fight them for their badge and a copy of their gym tms, with some extra prize money. If the player has completed 75% of the active gyms they may challenge the Elite Four (which I am now a part of) and eventually the Champion.

Mimikyu is amazing lol. And Decidueye is amazing. I wish Deci had more speed though.
    That's really interesting, so it's like the anime where you can tailor your team depending on who you're fighting against? And congrats on the promotion! :D

Decidueye being faster would make it so much more usable in battle, but Mimikyu is a beast I use on my competitive team now. :)

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    That's really interesting, so it's like the anime where you can tailor your team depending on who you're fighting against? And congrats on the promotion! :D

Decidueye being faster would make it so much more usable in battle, but Mimikyu is a beast I use on my competitive team now. :)
    Pretty much. 15 gives the gym leader enough leeway to come up with some strats, but gives the challenger enough opportunity to plan against.

Quote Originally Posted by juliorain View Post
    Pretty much. 15 gives the gym leader enough leeway to come up with some strats, but gives the challenger enough opportunity to plan against.
    Oh that's really interesting, I like it because it's more diverse than just using the same 6 Pokémon in every battle, which would be way too predictable. I'm sure the wildcard option adds a lot of extra tactics as well! :D

Spoiler: