I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

What is your silliest reason for doing something?

This came to mind when I was thinking about me learning piano. I had almost forgotten why I started seriously learning piano, until I was thinking about something else and I remembered.

I learnt piano to impress a girl.

Long story short, met a girl in Youth Group band, where I played guitar and she played piano. I started learning piano, partially to give us something to talk about, and partially to show off and impress her. And whilst it didn't work out with her, five years later, I still play (I think even better than she did), and probably enjoy it more than guitar (my first instrument). I remember a year ago playing at church and having my friends dad come over and ask how long I'd played for, and was shocked when I said that I had played guitar for thirteen years but piano only for four, as he thought for sure I learnt as a kid and picked up guitar later. Had a good laugh when I told him I learnt piano to impress a girl, and even though it didn't work out, the piano stuck around.

So that's mine. What's your silliest reason for doing something??

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    This came to mind when I was thinking about me learning piano. I had almost forgotten why I started seriously learning piano, until I was thinking about something else and I remembered.

I learnt piano to impress a girl.

Long story short, met a girl in Youth Group band, where I played guitar and she played piano. I started learning piano, partially to give us something to talk about, and partially to show off and impress her. And whilst it didn't work out with her, five years later, I still play (I think even better than she did), and probably enjoy it more than guitar (my first instrument). I remember a year ago playing at church and having my friends dad come over and ask how long I'd played for, and was shocked when I said that I had played guitar for thirteen years but piano only for four, as he thought for sure I learnt as a kid and picked up guitar later. Had a good laugh when I told him I learnt piano to impress a girl, and even though it didn't work out, the piano stuck around.

So that's mine. What's your silliest reason for doing something??
    That's something I would do, TBH. XD

I don't know if you could consider this "silly", but I had a similar situation. I had a dream one that I went to Guitar Center and bought a harmonica, so when I woke up, I made the dream reality and started learning harmonica. I have at least 10 harmonicas now.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

3. This post has been liked by:

i learned roy mustangs rap from fma as a joke to mess with my friends so now i just know it and whenever we talk about fma we always sing his rap.

5. This post has been liked by:

This was accidental, but one of my friends, who is just so quirky and hilarious and awesome, never remembered her own phone number, and because she's her, she would call me to ask me what her number was because she knew I'd have it. I got so used to telling my friend what her own number was that I accidentally memorised it and it's been like ten years and I can still remember it without a problem. XD

7. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I’ve definitely done stupid stuff and when I think of a good example later I’ll post it. But for now I’ll tell one of my favorite stories my dad used to tell me.

One time when he was riding the bus, there was a pretty red head (not my mom) on the bus. She ended up for whatever reason at one point sitting on the steps of the bus after everyone else besides my dad had exited. So my dad is like “okay gotta impress her” and decides to jump over her out of the bus. So he runs, jumps, and whacks his head on the top of the door, and lands in her lap. She never spoke to him again and he’s still has the scar from where it split his head open.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

9. This post has been liked by: