Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    THIS IS YOUR LAST DAY TO APPLY!

Role-Play and Humor have not gotten any Judge applicants, so if no one applies for them, they're going to be removed from PXFIRE Season 2. As for the others, scheduling and Judge selection will be happening tomorrow. :3
    I can do Humor if you give me a day to make the application. I just got home from band practice at midnight and need to sleep. :[

EDIT: It appears I have the only judge application for Showdown. If that's the case, I'll just run Showdown, I guess.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Oh don't mind me, just sliding this in at the last minute like Indiana Jones. :P

Name: Shruikan
    Section you'd like to Judge: RP
    What is your availability like from now through July?: Barring unforseen circumstances, I'll be 100% free the whole time.
    If selected to be a Judge, would you like your section to be run during the 1st half of PXFIRE or the 2nd Half?: No preperence.

Please note any experience you have with judging/grading things or with giving constructive criticism that would help your judging:
    Though I have little to no experience on judging things, due to the fact that 90% of the tie I'm entering them instead, I have spent at least the last 5 years researching writing & storytelling, picking apart TV shows to know what they did right & how they would have fixed plotholes, etc. Plus I've also ninja-read through just about every RP on PXR.

Please outline an example challenge or something you might do for your section:
    Does the whole "Running a RP" thing count? :P
    Ok, more specifically, maybe have an each team be a SHIELD like organisation which send the characters on various missions, for example, there's a grand ball being help, and the players are sent as bodyguards for a VIP, or to steal something of value from one of the guests, or an ancient artifact has been uncovered at an archaeological dig that hold great mystical power, and the players are sent out to aquire it for their respective teams.

Include about 3-5 sentences about how you'd like to run the section and what kinds of ideas you have for it:
    I would have a single RP running through the 2(?) weeks. I was thinking of having the story as a series of shorter missions, like a monster of the week cartoon, as opposed to one overarching story, to allow more closure when the event ends. So depending on how long it take, it can potentially end right after the first mission.
    Also, each participant would be judged on spelling/grammer, how much they interacted with other players, how central they were to driving the plot forward, number of posts that week, and how consistent their post are continuity-wise.

3. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

#NoSectionLeftBehind FTW

PART 1

Name: Neo Emolga (the Delibird thing is only temporary, of course!)
    Section you'd like to Judge: Humor
    What is your availability like from now through July? Pretty free, I shouldn't have any issues keeping on top of things. I work fulltime, but then so do a lot of people.
    If selected to be a Judge, would you like your section to be run during the 1st half of PXFIRE or the 2nd Half? I'm thinking I'd rather do 1st half.

PART 2

Please note any experience you have with judging/grading things or with giving constructive criticism that would help your judging: This would actually be my first time judging humor, but I've judged other sections like Creative Writing, RP, and stuff like that before. This would actually be quite fresh and new! But yeah, usually I'm pretty detailed and thorough about reviews and things like that.

Moreover, I've done all kinds of silly, ridiculous, and delightfully moronic ideas before. Squawkers, the parody version of the Stalkers RPG, is definitely one. Same thing with the Pikachu Survivor Game. And the April Fools Electric Rodent Regime. I can do silly and loony.

Please outline an example challenge or something you might do for your section One week might feature something like with Mother Nature. There's plenty of grounds to make something funny out of that whether it's about insects trying to crap your day up to allergies turning your nose into an automatic shotgun or just the weather killing anything fun you had planned with snow, rain, and heat to toasty yourself. Plus topics like these are things you can work into writing, pictures, songs, and funny stuff like that. I'll definitely keep the theme in mind flexible enough to be used across many different mediums so whatever floats your boat works!

Include about 3-5 sentences about how you'd like to run the section and what kinds of ideas you have for it. Each week would get a theme. I'm cool with images, writing, music, just about anything that would fit the theme. However, anything submitted would need to be original content, which means no fetching someone else's memes and just copying and pasting them here. Make your own memes! Or silly rap songs! Or draw/Photoshop your own silly images!

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Eh heh, so you might have noticed judges weren't finalized yet. Turns out I don't have every section covered like I thought I did.

The problem is when it comes to Graphic Art, Drawn Art, and Comics, I can cover two out of three of any of those sections with the current judges, but not all of them. I tried reaching out to Sarah to see if she would be interested in taking that last section, but I think she's pretty busy at the moment. So what I'm going to do is exchange my role in judging Humor and I'll be going with one of those instead. I honestly think covering those three sections are more important than Humor anyway.

If there's someone out there that wants to judge humor, I'm totally cool with that, but please let me know before the end of Friday. If I don't get any responses, I'll just drop it from the schedule.

Senior Administrator

Okay, here is the unofficial judging schedule:

If you have issues with be able to work with this, please let me know right away and I'll try to work something out! There's still a little bit of time to change things if you think you might not be able to work with this.

Thanks for being a Judge and hope you all have fun with it! :3

@Shruikan @LKWayvern @EmeraldSky @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Chakramaster @K'sariya @Nekomata @Bulbasaur

8. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Okay, here is the unofficial judging schedule:

If you have issues with be able to work with this, please let me know right away and I'll try to work something out! There's still a little bit of time to change things if you think you might not be able to work with this.

Thanks for being a Judge and hope you all have fun with it! :3

@Shruikan @LKWayvern @EmeraldSky @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Chakramaster @K'sariya @Nekomata @Bulbasaur
    Ahh!! Thanks so much. I'm super excited. This is my first time judging something, but I'll do my best! If I have any questions about what I need to do that isn't answered in the information already in the threads, who's the best person for me to chat with? @NeoEmolga

head ranger / expert curator / ace chronicler
    urpg stats
    / national park stats / deviantart

Senior Moderator

Thanks again for letting me take part--I look forward to seeing what sorts of captions I'll get this year!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by K'sariya View Post
    Ahh!! Thanks so much. I'm super excited. This is my first time judging something, but I'll do my best! If I have any questions about what I need to do that isn't answered in the information already in the threads, who's the best person for me to chat with? @NeoEmolga
    ME! No, really, feel free to ask me anything and I'll try my best to answer it. I know you're judging Pixel Art and while that kind of thing isn't my forte, I know a little and can guide you in terms of ways you can set up your event thread and such. Heck, if you need ideas for themes too, I've got plenty.

And hey, if I get stuck, I know a few peeps I can reach out to, also. So you're in good hands. :3

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Thanks again for letting me take part--I look forward to seeing what sorts of captions I'll get this year!
    No prob! Enjoy and have lots of fun with it!

Just a heads up- I know I don't have my section up- thought it started tomorrow. A bit tied up with class- will get it up ASAP. MY BAD.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    Just a heads up- I know I don't have my section up- thought it started tomorrow. A bit tied up with class- will get it up ASAP. MY BAD.
    No worries, thanks for the heads up about it! :D