Thread: Trains

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

Trains

Have you ever been on a train? Do you go on them often?

I live by New York City, so I always use a train to get there. I also use them sometimes to get to Philadelphia.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

@Bulbasaur This thread makes me think about this song. xD

I go on trains every now and then. The last time I was on a train was in July last year, when I went to and came back from Paris (France). I enjoy taking trains because I don't get sick in them, while I'm likely to get sick in the car.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Administrator

Other than the ones at Disney into the park. Nope. Never xD. Not even when I was in New York for a week. We walked everywhere. Though we didn't go too far out from Times Square.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

A few months ago I was going to all different cities to look at universities, so I used trains quite often during that little period, but otherwise I don't really use them that much. When I do use them I hate it if I'm going by myself and I don't have a table and window seat, because otherwise I just can't get comfortable. I'm less fussy when I'm with friends though. :)

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Funnily enough i'm taking a train tomorrow. haha
    I use them way too much.
    I go to university 3 hours away from home and I travel back and forth every now and then so need to use the train. I'd say I travel by train at least once a month, most likely more. I'm going to use the train 3 times in the next week alone. It's much more convenient than a coach which would be the only other option to travel home. I used to get the Megabus, which is a coach service in the UK aimed mostly towards students. I could get a coach ticket for Ł5 compared to the Ł30 train ticket but it took basically 5 hours instead of the train's 3 hours, it was less comfortable and I would end up getting home around 1am due to the last times which wasn't great.

The train company our route is under isn't amazing. It has a reputation for being very budget and terrible (even when the tickets are just as expensive as any other train company). For the three hour journey they don't guarantee you a seat and a lot of the time there's only two carriages and they overbook so at some times theres at least 20 people standing blocking the aisle because theres no seats left. Trains are convenient but I don't really like them much for this reason. At least I don't get travel sick as much on a train compared to a car. I have horrendous travel sickness in a car so using the coach would be hell.

When I graduate I bet I will use the train even more as graphic designers have to be mobile a lot of the time. If not a train, i'll have to use the tube if I end up moving to London. I just wish trains over here were cheaper. It's cheaper to get a plane to another country than get some train tickets to other parts of my own country. A train ticket from South Wales to London can get up to about Ł200 if you but it on the day. Completely insane.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

I wish my home town had a train system. I took the trains everywhere in Japan and I loved it. It was an awesome system and could you get you literally anywhere you wanted to go. They were clean, always on time, and super cheap.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I get the train to and from work everyday. I would never try driving into the city. It's not the best system and is pretty expensive but way better than trying to drive through peak hour traffic. I just hate being squashed ona packed train :( and also people coughing on you.
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

I had to surpress my urge to post a picture of a poorly beautifully drawn train out of sheer shytpostery...this place calms me

Anyway, no, i have not ridden on a train, or felt the cold caress of the hardened steel linings in which a train is born

·»Your focus determines your reality«·