Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee

Pokemon: Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee

So, apparently there is a "Shocking" Pokemon announcement happening on Japanese TV show Oha Suta on 31st May at 7:05 JST and they promise it to be "shocking".

With E3 just a few weeks away could this be the potential announcement for the Switch game or could it be to do with the Anime or TCG? What are your guys thoughts on it?

I think there is a high chance it is about the new switch game but I am hoping that all the leaks about it being a pokemon yellow remake are false. I really don't like the names, they sound very childish and not with pokemon's usual style and also the whole idea to me seems a bit weak. I'm very sceptical of Pokemon let's go! Pikachu and Eevee but the announcement could very well chance my stance on it, just not to convinced it will if it is about that.
    I'm not sure if it would be anime or TCG related purely due to the timing of it being significantly close to E3 but who knows. I'm not really into the anime or TCG so if it is, i'm not really going to have an opinion on it.
    Lets hope it's the announcement of Pokemon Gen 8, or could it be DP remakes?! lol
    Last edited by Coru; 06-12-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

Senior Moderator

The leaks did include possibilities for gen 8 to be included. Since there was "leak" of another regioni included. They couldn't tell a name so it was thought to be a new one.

Personally if it is the rumored Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee im SUPER hyped! Cant wait for this to be announced. In fact, I'm quite confident it is the LGP and LGE games with all they've had leaked or rumored. Plus all the things they've hinted at throughout the year. It's just too crazy for the to constantly promoted the two Pokémon SOOOOO heavily and it NOT (you know....their big money maker?) not to have it included in some major way.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Box Pokemon confirmed. Uhhhhhh....ok?

Well at least HD pokemon on the switch confirmed. We already knew it tho.
    Kanto :D
    The pokewalker returns!
    Connect with pokemon GO D: --> connectivity will give you a special pokemon :O

Pokemon Let's Go!
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Mary Mary tell me how your garden grows. Desolate Divine's Avatar
    Who else needs a switch...
    Sophie's Trainer Card
    Paired with the awesome FedoraChar.

5. This post has been liked by:

I think Lets Go Eevee and Lets Go Pikachu look fine. I'm just glad my suspicions of them being side games has been confirmed. I can rest easy.

Site Writer

They said in the press conference that they would be mainline series games, but that the games next year would continue the trend of X&Y and SM.... Maybe it's because of the Go mechanics? Maybe since they're remakes? I would like some clarification here

Ughhhhhh. At least they are not main series i don't think.
    The graphics look great but having it as basically a pokemon go console game really doesn't appeal to me. The main appeal I have for pokemon was the wild battles and how they were random and just battling in general but they just completely removed it for the shallow pokemon go encounters. Trainer battles look decent but that's the only time you get to battle now. Also how would you level up your pokemon now?
    It looks like a decent game for a spin off but not my cup of tea. I'll be waiting for the main series release next year but might get this if it ever gets cheap.
    If the main series have removed wild battles for Go encounters then that's me done with the pokemon games I'm afraid so if it is true they are treated like main series like Akaichi said, i'm a little worried.
    This comes out on my birthday so it's the present I didn't want lol. Still skeptical so far but if they can make it shine at E3 I might reconsider my opinion.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

Senior Moderator

Thing is. It is related to it. It is considered (and by Ishihara himself) as a "core series" game. These ARE the core series games they said would be released in 2018. Though there's more to come in 2019. So no matter how it looks. They are calling these "core series games." Not to mention a biiiiiiiig feature will not be included in these games. Online connectivity.

The time is upon us...

Site Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Thing is. It is related to it. It is considered (and by Ishihara himself) as a "core series" game. These ARE the core series games they said would be released in 2018. Though there's more to come in 2019. So no matter how it looks. They are calling these "core series games." Not to mention a biiiiiiiig feature will not be included in these games. Online connectivity.
    Serebii said, after dropping that news, that it was a mis-translation. My guess is that they'll compensate and show it off at E3. I desperately need to know if there'll be a story. That's what I want from Pokemon. The catching mechanic is fine (And neat, imo), and if they're gonna revamp the experience system they best do it well, but the story is what matters to me.

Signature by the amazing Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Senior Moderator

That's good to hear if that is true. If it's just a test trial in essence using the core games mechanics. With new features too of course. Cause certain features that aren't in are expected to be in a main series game. In this way they can try out the GO features with no worry. Plus a main seriesgame with no online feature would just be awful.

Since these will be counted as a "core series" game (since I could only find the mistranslation on the Online Connectivity). It'll be interesting since we will get to see the Kanto region on the Switch. It still leaves a lot of questions as to how much of all of these feature will stay with the core series in the core series games come next year's game that's already in development alongside these.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 05-30-2018 at 09:02 PM.

The time is upon us...