Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah I read that it isn't a core game. The graphics looks really nice. Hopefully it's fun to play and not too easy.
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah I read that it isn't a core game. The graphics looks really nice. Hopefully it's fun to play and not too easy.
    The only thing I could find was a mistranslation on the "online play." Yet I've seen more saying it was confirmed as a "core series" game. Where was it confirmed to be a spin off or side game?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Site Writer

Ishihara said it was a mainline series RPG game, with the next "core" game coming next year. I'm not sure where the spin-off thing came from. If it is, what makes it a spin-off? The catching mechanic? The non-use of the usual level formula?

Signature by the amazing Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Senior Moderator

A lot of people don't believe it is even when he said it was. I can understand mistranslations, but that wasn't one of them.

They aren't spinoff games. Even if they only have the original 151 only. Aside from a select few Alolan Pokémon and a few "unseen" Pokémon. They did also say in the presentation they are working simultaneously on LGP and LGE at the same time as the 2019 "core series" title as well. TWO core series titles at once.

The time is upon us...

Site Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    A lot of people don't believe it is even when he said it was. I can understand mistranslations, but that wasn't one of them.

They aren't spinoff games. Even if they only have the original 151 only. Aside from a select few Alolan Pokémon and a few "unseen" Pokémon. They did also say in the presentation they are working simultaneously on LGP and LGE at the same time as the 2019 "core series" title as well. TWO core series titles at once.
    I am pleased with this. Also! I would love it a lot if you weren't playing as Red, but instead Red was a different character you met on your journey. One of the leaks addressed this but I don't know if it's legit given that some of the leaks I've seen seem weird with what we already know

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Akaichi View Post
    I am pleased with this. Also! I would love it a lot if you weren't playing as Red, but instead Red was a different character you met on your journey. One of the leaks addressed this but I don't know if it's legit given that some of the leaks I've seen seem weird with what we already know
    The leaks did mention that too yeah. That you play as someone totally different and not Red. Reason being that Red and Blue/Green have some role in the games And are seen older (older than in Sun and Moon). There's no tell what is and isn't real from the leaks. Even if the leaks were legit for the name. That doesn't mean we can accept all that came with it as fact. Taking in facts with a grain of salt is still good when delving into new information unless it's official.

The time is upon us...

Site Writer

Agreed. There was a picture leaked of Pallet Town underwater. Given the Lapras leak, could this be similar? I wonder, also, what they'll announce today

There was about 45 minutes of Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu and Eevee footage from E3 showing a small portion of the game. Here it is for anyone interested.

To be honest, this makes me want it even less. I'm not really the audience that I think they were going for when making this, it looks VERY simple, watered down and casual so I think I would be so bored playing this. Theres a big list of things I'm not a big fan of so I'm going to hold off until 2019 and the main series release (Which I hope goes back to the usual mechanics.)

There are a few things that I would like to go over from this game though.
    I'd like the Graphics from this to carry forward or improve further from this. I think the graphics are stunning even though very blocky. I wouldn't mind these graphics in the main series gen 8 release but if they can refine them even more, perfect. I do also like the pokemon following you. Please keep this gamefreak!! I do like the idea that pokemon can also be different sizes. All other pokemon go features can leave but this one I would be happy to keep. I do also like the pokemon appearing in the overworld to a certain extent. Wild encounters should still be random, so no overworld but I think there could be a special encounter system similar to the grass shakes from previous gens which would include pokemon appearing in the overworld. The trainer battles are also good. They got that right but only allowing you in the gym if you have a type advantage, No thank you. I would have said I wanted the multiplayer to carry on too when I first heard about it but it only being a generic character that uses your own items and pokemon, i'd rather it not. It also makes the game too simple I think. If they were to keep multiplayer, I feel that it should be connecting via wireless with another switch so other people can use their own pokemon and when they join, in response the game should up the difficulty so it won't be a way to very easily win.
    Anyway, yeah, I appreciate this game. It's got appeal to it I guess, just none from me. I'll avoid it because it's not really a good use of my money but all to their own. I'll wait patiently for gen 8.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

Senior Moderator

They have stated that these games were more set to a wider audience. So everyone can enjoy the games. Even those that can't play GO. So they have a chance to sort of experience the GO gameplay themselves now. Though that's just it. The NEW games in 2019 will have improved graphics, wild battles, gyms, a revamped battle system, and will be set for the more "experienced" players.

So while these may not be the games everyone was looking for. I, myself, will be ready to eagerly pick up LGP and re-experience Yellow version in a new way. I see this as a way to please many fans with a new experience that could potentially give them new and even greater ideas for the future. All while we wait on gen 8 to release on Switch next year. They knew we wanted it. So they're doing their best to make us happy with a little tease.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I'm still not completely sold on this game yet. I also don't own a Switch, so the price point also plays a factor.

Mmmm, I might wait to see what everyone here thinks after they play it.