Page 458 of 513 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 5121
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'm still on the fence about it but part of me really wants to get it. Especially because of a certain new pokemon (who's no replacement for my top 3, but very good).
    I feel the same way. But for me the big negative against wanting to get it is the fact that they also cut out several moves, with two of them being decent coverage for Jolteon. Would have maybe been able to overlook that if Jolteon had at least gotten something new to make up for the loss of
    Spoiler:
    Signal Beam and Hidden Power
    but nope! Literally the only semi-reliable coverage it has left is Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice. Everything else is either physical moves or useless gimmicks like Stored Power, Copycat and Weather Ball. And that made me so angry when I found out because Jolteon has been a staple on my semi-competitive (i.e. facilities like Battle Mansion/Tree) teams for YEARS and now they made it borderline-useless. And I can't let that go. Honestly it almost makes me wish they had just cut out Jolteon from the game entirely: if they were gonna treat it THIS badly, what's the point of it even being in the game?

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I decided I'll just get Pokemon Sword for Christmas (my brother/sister-in-law have Shield).

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oooh that's good
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I feel the same way. But for me the big negative against wanting to get it is the fact that they also cut out several moves, with two of them being decent coverage for Jolteon. Would have maybe been able to overlook that if Jolteon had at least gotten something new to make up for the loss of
    Spoiler:
    Signal Beam and Hidden Power
    but nope! Literally the only semi-reliable coverage it has left is Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice. Everything else is either physical moves or useless gimmicks like Stored Power, Copycat and Weather Ball. And that made me so angry when I found out because Jolteon has been a staple on my semi-competitive (i.e. facilities like Battle Mansion/Tree) teams for YEARS and now they made it borderline-useless. And I can't let that go. Honestly it almost makes me wish they had just cut out Jolteon from the game entirely: if they were gonna treat it THIS badly, what's the point of it even being in the game?
    Yeah, it sucks and I don't know what to say. You kind of need to step into Sw/Sh and be prepared for things not quite being the way they used to be. A lot has changed, and in some ways, it's great and I like a lot of the new mechanics, but there are things that like you said, it makes you say why did they have to do that? Some things are nice and familiar and keeps true to how Pokemon games have been in the past. Others, yeah, there's been changes and you may have to be open to them. But if you open yourself up to accepting there may have to be a few workarounds for certain things, you can still enjoy these games a lot.

I think that even despite these faults, it's a game that's fun and is worth playing. I'm glad I decided to still go for it despite the Dexit stuff. I had to step into it knowing there's no Emolga anywhere in Galar, and while it sucks for me (I know most people don't really care too much for this "pikaclone" but I still love this little squirrel dude), there are still my 2nd and 3rd favorites (Bellossom and Cinccino) and I've already gotten them both on my team without too much trouble (finding where to get the Sun and Shiny evolution stones was really the only minor challenge, but it turns out it's not that hard and there are several options). I think with Sw/Sh, there may not be solid gold, but you can still find many silver linings that make the trip to Galar worth it.

But I will stand by what I said earlier and that these games are fun, visually awesome, the music is incredibly good and catchy (I dare say it may have the best), and the whole experience is very immersive. I would still say go for the ride. I think you'll still have fun and a good time despite the changes.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, it sucks and I don't know what to say. You kind of need to step into Sw/Sh and be prepared for things not quite being the way they used to be. A lot has changed, and in some ways, it's great and I like a lot of the new mechanics, but there are things that like you said, it makes you say why did they have to do that? Some things are nice and familiar and keeps true to how Pokemon games have been in the past. Others, yeah, there's been changes and you may have to be open to them. But if you open yourself up to accepting there may have to be a few workarounds for certain things, you can still enjoy these games a lot.

I think that even despite these faults, it's a game that's fun and is worth playing. I'm glad I decided to still go for it despite the Dexit stuff. I had to step into it knowing there's no Emolga anywhere in Galar, and while it sucks for me (I know most people don't really care too much for this "pikaclone" but I still love this little squirrel dude), there are still my 2nd and 3rd favorites (Bellossom and Cinccino) and I've already gotten them both on my team without too much trouble (finding where to get the Sun and Shiny evolution stones was really the only minor challenge, but it turns out it's not that hard and there are several options). I think with Sw/Sh, there may not be solid gold, but you can still find many silver linings that make the trip to Galar worth it.

But I will stand by what I said earlier and that these games are fun, visually awesome, the music is incredibly good and catchy (I dare say it may have the best), and the whole experience is very immersive. I would still say go for the ride. I think you'll still have fun and a good
    Spoiler:
    Bruh, i caught them both fully evolved. You didnt need to waste the stones unless you IV Bred perfect ones

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys View Post
    Spoiler:
    Bruh, i caught them both fully evolved. You didnt need to waste the stones unless you IV Bred perfect ones
    Spoiler:
    I did see the Cinccino on the way to Hammerlocke, but I didn't know you could catch Bellossom as is. That's a first. :P

Senior Moderator

Spoiler:
    I did see the Cinccino on the way to Hammerlocke, but I didn't know you could catch Bellossom as is. That's a first. :P
    Spoiler:
    You can actually catch almost everything fully evolved. That's basically how ive been getting my dex, besides the Shield exclusives(which is the sole reason i made friends jk jk)

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

But I will stand by what I said earlier and that these games are fun, visually awesome, the music is incredibly good and catchy (I dare say it may have the best), and the whole experience is very immersive. I would still say go for the ride. I think you'll still have fun and a good time despite the changes.
    I mean, I still have the whole issue that I also need to get a Switch, which is very costly for me, so even if I do decide to get SwSh it will have to be much later because I can't afford to get it right now.

Also, I feel like it's much easier to accept the dex loss if at least some of your favorites made it, so idk if my feelings would have been so mixed on the matter if not a single one of my favorites had made it: maybe I'd have been firmly on the "heck no, Imma boycott" side if that had been the case. And even then, what actually made things go really sour for me was not the dex cut (although that already was not helping matters) but the move cut. Yes 99% of the reason for that is because it hurt Jolteon really badly and yes, I am aware of how petty my reason is, but still... I honestly don't see any workarounds on fixing that little problem unless I want to do something really dumb like waste a slot on a Weather Team just so Jolteon can try to make use of Weather Ball and I guess maybe be a cute mascot because it's really not good for much else on a Weather Team otherwise. Or I guess I could try running a set with Agility+Stored Power and pray to Arceus's decapitated corpse that my opponent is stupid/nice enough to actually let me set that up. Or I could run a set with Copycat and once again pray to Arceus's still decapitated corpse that my opponent uses a move that Jolteon could actually make good use of. Or I could just play it safe and run Hyper Voice for my third coverage move... even though the number of Pokemon it can hit harder than either Thunderbolt or Shadow Ball can can be counted in the fingers of one hand and is thus borderline useless for coverage since it doesn't hit anything super-effectively and doesn't even get STAB. See what I mean? Poor Jolteon has been left with nothing good to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Eh, to be fair thanks to Bottle Caps being much more easily obtainable now, IV breeding is not much of an issue anymore. Heck, even Natures have stopped being a problem thanks to the Nature Mints. So Neo is completely free to use the same Bellossom he used for the main game in comp if he so wishes and it will be completely and totally viable.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Yeah, the main reason I'm still unsure is that all my favorites were cut. I didn't care a ton at first, thinking they'd show up in the next game and all would be fine. But then I learned more, and...apparently not.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Yeah, the main reason I'm still unsure is that all my favorites were cut. I didn't care a ton at first, thinking they'd show up in the next game and all would be fine. But then I learned more, and...apparently not.
    Where did you get that impression? Game Informer released this article a while ago saying that old pokemon would make an appearance in later games. Maybe I missed some new info while I've been dodging SwSh spoilers but I haven't heard much to the contrary since.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire