Page 223 of 513 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Also someone remind me to never go drinking again.
    Oof. Sorry to hear that.

Usually I limit myself to only two beers and that's it. A third is only okay if the previous two were low on alcohol. Twice I went beyond that and the results were not a whole lot of good times... >.<

A good tip is to also know what you're drinking. I found out the hard way that Everclear is SUPER STRONG CRAP and I drank a large mixed drink loaded with that junk. Ended up vomiting some time later. If you're not sure, Google it. Smartphones are ultra-handy for that. Don't do what I did and shrug with a "guess I'll try it" just because other people are drinking it. If peer pressure becomes a thing, just say "maybe later" and in the back of your mind, make that a "definitely not."

Administrator

Sorry to hear that @Noblejanobii

I mean I’m able to drink, but umm...I don’t like to? I mean I’ve had friends try to make me. Though last time I did I think they made it totally wrong. They got me to try Rhode Island Ice Tea from the Bowling Alley. I only had a few sips (and I mean very small sips). I really felt dizzy and head felt light. I mean I’ve never been “drunk,” but I’ve felt the kicks from it. So I can’t say how much I can hold.

You really do need to set limiters and the DD with you (or friend) that isn’t drinking. Make sure they know how much you want to drink, that you don’t wanna overdo it, all so they can make sure you don’t feel so terrible later.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I mean I think what happened was because I had a beer and uh... mmmm this isn't a site appropriate drink name. Uh I guess, I had a beer and a ___ on the beach. I think the mixed alcohols plus the pizza I had later just messed up my stomach badly.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yeah I mean I think what happened was because I had a beer and uh... mmmm this isn't a site appropriate drink name. Uh I guess, I had a beer and a ___ on the beach. I think the mixed alcohols plus the pizza I had later just messed up my stomach badly.
    Gotta be more careful with that.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah. Live and you learn.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Sounds like a song from Sonic games....oh wait xD

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, mixing drinks will do that to you. But hey, it's past tense and we all learn from mistakes. No worries.

Administrator

Yeah we learn from experiences. Sometimes we go overboard when we try to enjoy ourselves and have a good time, but it’s never worth putting yourself through pain that comes after.

The time is upon us...

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ugh, man. Sometimes people suck. I hope you're able to get that resolved and you're able to find buyers on Etsy. Often I've seen most shops make buyers have to put a deposit down for custom orders, which I totally understand. It makes people commit to the purchase and it covers the cost of materials before work gets started. When I got that shiny Ninetales kigurumi done, she asked that I first do that and then when it was all done, I paid off the rest before she shipped it. I followed up every month just to get updates, prove I hadn't been abducted by aliens, and she was happy to reply, send photos, and give friendly feedback. Worked wonderfully, but unfortunately I know it doesn't always work out like that between buyer and seller.

The STUPIDEST comment I've ever seen a seller attest to that they got from a buyer is "oh, but you're a freelacer! Doesn't that mean you work for free?" People like that need to be shipped off to another planet immediately.
    I know...it's so annoying. And yeah, I will definitely be doing that next time; this isn't the first times this has happened. Luckily it's a plush I can probably sell pretty easy alone (big vaporeon) but STILL. But yeah, I will definitely be doing that in the future.

WUT. That makes no sense. Reminds me of the time (before I even started selling plushies) that someone stopped talking to me because I wouldn't make them a scyther plushie within a week for the price of a Walmart plushie. They say they can "just get a plush for $10 at Walmart/Target/whatever" and I say "Then go buy a plush at target." Then "But they don't have what YOU make!" THEN PAY FOR AN EXPENSIVE CUSTOM THEN. ARGH.

That's so bogus. Definitely from now on would recommend you do what Neo recommended which is require some kind of payment ahead of time. Most of my artist friends require something like that depending on how what the project is. Of course when I commission them I usually opt to pay fully in advance or a large portion so they can be at ease about it.

Also someone remind me to never go drinking again.
    Yep, will definitely do that from now on!

Oh no, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Yeah, I think normally people require payments ahead of time for that stuff.
    Yep, it was a remake of a plush I made before (with some differences), so it doesn't take as long to make, so I thought it would be okay BUT NOPE.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    That’s just totally unfair and not right that people do that. If things come up I understand. But more of s heads up is fine. They do need to help resolve things for custom orders. Make it so there’s down payments so sellers aren’t ripped off by such scamming buyers. It’s makes it so hard and frustrating for sellers. Especially when they put in so much time and hard work into custom orders. But yeah, like the others said. Try making sure they pay ahead of time. Not in full, but one being a down payment. To help make sure they will be committed to the full purchase later on.
    Yeah, I was understanding for a long time with this one person. But then they just stopped communicating...I'd ask them if they still wanted it, they'd say yes after a while, but then not pay...and so on. I will definitely do that. Have a non-refundable portion to pay before I even start, so they are sure to be committed.

Senior Moderator

I know where to hide the bodies if you need me to

·»Your focus determines your reality«·