Page 347 of 513 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It's actually similar to the idea I had for it when you gave me the first okay to try running it myself, but I couldn't bring it to fruition. What would always come to my thoughts was "okay, I'll be the Pikachu that turns everyone else into a Pikachu! Muwhahahaha!" That just...wouldn't be fair xD.

This one I threw out sounds much more plausible.

Oh and yeah I loved gen 5. Plus it's based off New York! Couldn't get much better cause I had always wanted to visit New York City! Now I've actually been there and I loved it!
    You'd be like Pikachu spirit disciple, picking up the sheer nonsense and craziness from where I left off. XD

It's funky, but yeah, I loved Gen 5 a lot. Gen 6 and 7 just didn't hit the sweet spot for me and I didn't even finish those games. I'm hoping Gen 8 is better and I actually kick myself in the butt to at least get the main game done. :P

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    You'd be like Pikachu spirit disciple, picking up the sheer nonsense and craziness from where I left off. XD

It's funky, but yeah, I loved Gen 5 a lot. Gen 6 and 7 just didn't hit the sweet spot for me and I didn't even finish those games. I'm hoping Gen 8 is better and I actually kick myself in the butt to at least get the main game done. :P
    Gen 5 was amazing. I loved gen 6 too but gen 7......no I just....I didn't like it. I didn't even wanna get USUM, but....they stuck me riiiiiiiiiiiiight in my weak spot with the Pikachu area and the special Pikachu Z-Move. I honestly have a weird feeling about gen 8, but we will see when it comes out. That and I'll probably get hands on access to it at Worlds. Maybe a video if I can get someone to film it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Personally I liked them all. The story in Gen 7 hit me pretty hard since I related to Lillie a lot. USUM also had a lot of fun minigames like Mantine surfing and the Wormhole Ride that I've greatly enjoyed playing with. Even if I haven't gotten to the Rainbow Rocket phase yet, I'm sure I'll enjoy that as well.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

The wormhole ride thing was super weird. I didn't even use it past the first time you ever do it. It took me months to finish the game as opposed to me usually finishing the games in a weeks time. So I really just don't know honestly. That may just be me though and my opinion.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

For Pokemon X and Y, I got stuck in Lumiose City. I couldn't figure out what way I was supposed to go and every road I turned, there was some construction worker dude that stopped me, told me I couldn't go down there, and I was like "okay, where can I go, then?" I know I needed to do something to advance the storyline but I think I forgot what it was and never picked it back up again to figure it out.

For Sun and Moon, I think the second island trial was the deathblow. It was a Nuzlocke run and that darn Wishiwashi just up and MURDERED all the Pokemon I was hoping to raise into powerhouses, leaving me with like three remaining that I just didn't care for and the thought "do I have to work with these guys?" And the thought of "hey, you've got WAY more of these island trials coming up and now you've got barely a team left to work with! Bet you're ready for more of this fun!" No. Some other game came along (probably Overwatch) and easily snagged my interest out of playing Sun any further.

I know, both those cases were super-early plug-pulls and I'm not exactly proud of either of them. I'm not planning on Nuzlocking Sword/Shield. It worked great for Black and was a fun approach, but after what happened with Y and Sun, maybe it's time to put that play approach on the shelf this time and go back to the regular "what I want to work with" team that will probably make the game more enjoyable.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah Lumiose is hard to navigate. I still get lost even after unlocking every part. As for SuMo, you would've hated the grass trial then. When I walked away from that trial my entire team was on the brink of death.
    / / / / / / / /

Lumiose is really confusing, though I actually really like how maze-like it can be. It gives it a really "big city" feel.

Administrator

Lumiose City was pretty big on scale at first, but I got used to it back when I played it. As far as the SM stuff went. The trials were the worst part for me. It made the challenge last way too long and too tedious. Some of those battles against totem Pokemon were waaaaay too stressful and challenging for the level too. I get they were trying something new, but I personally think it weren't the wrong directions.

The time is upon us...

I actually really liked the difficulty of the trial battles - especially after XY, which was super easy. The totem fights felt like a real challenge, like the Lurantis totem battle where it used Solar Blade with the Power Herb.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Both in SuMo and USUM the Lurantis trial was soooo difficult. They nerfed it for USUM because that Trumbeak Castform support mon combo was deadly.
    / / / / / / / /