Page 455 of 455 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455
Results 4,541 to 4,548 of 4548

Thread: The Last Poster Wins! [v23]

  1. #4541
    Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I agree with this!! I heard a lot of criticism of the game and I think there are plenty of valid points but on the whole I feel like people just had unrealistic expectations. Sure it could have been even better, heck, considering the resources gamefreak and Nintendo can access, it could have been absolutely amazing. But people who thought they were gonna get Pokemon breath of the wild were always kidding themselves, I think.
    Yeah, I found it kind of funny people were complaining about it having low-res graphics. At first, it seems like it may be bad, but then once you play the game I found myself saying "this is so much fun I don't even care!" I mean, the graphics are kind of meant to be cartoonish/anime like, it's not going for super-gritty details in the first place. Plus really, I think the game looks beautiful anyway. The things they pointed out seem SOO nit-picky now and they probably had to dig deep to find the worst cases (like okay, I get it, the tree trunks look a little muddy, but I don't really care all that much).

    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys View Post
    Sword and Shield is on track to being my favorite to be honest.
    I might be ready to second this. While I loved Black/White, I'm only up to Gym #2 in Shield so far and it's been an absolute blast already.

    Making it double with Caite-Chan!

  2. #4542
    Writing stories about bugs Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ant Island
    Posts
    1,565
    I'm still on the fence about getting one of the new games. On the one hand I really want to (and there's a new pokemon I've fallen in love with), but the fact that none of my favorites got in discouraged me because of all the rumors that they might not come back and such. I know that's unlikely though, but all the talk about that just kind of brought me down. I don't personally see anything wrong with the graphics though, I don't really care if they're not super detailed or whatever.


  3. This post has been liked by:


  4. #4543
    Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'm still on the fence about getting one of the new games. On the one hand I really want to (and there's a new pokemon I've fallen in love with), but the fact that none of my favorites got in discouraged me because of all the rumors that they might not come back and such. I know that's unlikely though, but all the talk about that just kind of brought me down. I don't personally see anything wrong with the graphics though, I don't really care if they're not super detailed or whatever.
    I say get one of the games and try not to think about that rumor too much. As... painful as it is that a certain Pokemon I really like is not in it, I try not to think about it (although the number I selected for my league uniform is that Pokemon's Pokedex number, so the spirit lives on!). Hopefully they'll be back someday, but even if they're not in these games, they're still Pokemon and that's not going away.

    Making it double with Caite-Chan!

  5. #4544
    p i k a c h u ♂/♀ Chakramaster's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Clinging onto Hope
    Posts
    9,488
    An idea I had on these games. While they may not be in, what if it's like their League system is for Championships? They change up the listing each new season. Able to cut some that are currently in and add some that are out to fit standards for the new season! Meaning yeah you'll have Pokémon suddenly unusable, but it's an idea. That'd be a better way than totally having them removed.

    The time is upon us...


    . Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..


  6. #4545
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    An idea I had on these games. While they may not be in, what if it's like their League system is for Championships? They change up the listing each new season. Able to cut some that are currently in and add some that are out to fit standards for the new season! Meaning yeah you'll have Pokémon suddenly unusable, but it's an idea. That'd be a better way than totally having them removed.
    That could cause some coding problems, though. Honestly, the best possible scenario would be for Nintendo/Game Freak to go back on their whole "new direction for the franchise" statement and be all "just kidding, here's the rest of them lol"

  7. #4546
    The Maddest Shaymin
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    15,975
    Yeah but there's a lot of problems regarding that too. They'd have to spend more time reimplementing all the pokemon into each game and less time on other features. Which if you're fine with that then that's okay. Personally, I want to see how I like the games first before I cast judgement. Shaymin and Zoroark may not have made the cut but if the game makes up for it in how fun it is then I personally won't mind.
    /// /
    Avatar by Cloudpool
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  8. #4547
    Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah but there's a lot of problems regarding that too. They'd have to spend more time reimplementing all the pokemon into each game and less time on other features. Which if you're fine with that then that's okay. Personally, I want to see how I like the games first before I cast judgement. Shaymin and Zoroark may not have made the cut but if the game makes up for it in how fun it is then I personally won't mind.
    Trust me when I say it definitely makes up for it. It's easy to get so immersed that you forget Dexit is even a thing. Though I would love to see all the missing Pokemon added back in time, and personally, if they need time to make it happen, they should just take it. Every time I've seen a franchise try to force out yearly releases, it causes problems. Give devs whatever time they need and then some to get those real gems of a game.

    Making it double with Caite-Chan!

  9. #4548
    p i k a c h u ♂/♀ Chakramaster's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Clinging onto Hope
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    That could cause some coding problems, though. Honestly, the best possible scenario would be for Nintendo/Game Freak to go back on their whole "new direction for the franchise" statement and be all "just kidding, here's the rest of them lol"
    Yeah it was just thoughts I had recently (I knew would cause issues), but interesting to think about no less. It'd be nice to see them just add it all back. Cause yeah it is gonna impact them from this decision.

    The time is upon us...


    . Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •