Page 348 of 513 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358398448 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 5121
    I never really got the Castform during my Lurantis fights - though that honestly sounds terrifying. For me, it was always that annoying dang Trumbeak.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

If you defeated the Trumbeak, a castform would come out and set up Sun almost immediately. So then you just get rapid fire Solar Blades. So it's either confusion spam or solar blade spam and neither is fun to deal with.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I still remember first doing the grass trial and seeing the Solar Blade/Power Herb combo and panicking :P I think I lost my first time doing that trial. The second time I was prepared though. Still really tough!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah Lumiose is hard to navigate. I still get lost even after unlocking every part. As for SuMo, you would've hated the grass trial then. When I walked away from that trial my entire team was on the brink of death.
    I didn't like them that much at all, even though I only went through two of them. And I've only heard bad news bears about the other ones after that. I admire how they tried to be original and use something new. I just don't think it worked that well.

There were other pesky things as well. I spent way too much time stuck in the school trying to figure out what pray tell they wanted me to do and who I was supposed to talk to in there before finding out what I needed to advance forward. I was also like "I KNOW HOW POKEMON WORKS, I'VE BEEN PLAYING SINCE BLUE VERSION BACK IN 1999 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" Nah, again you need to learn about status abnormalities. It was like learning I have five fingers for each hand and the sky is blue all over again.

That happens a lot to me with games I put down for a while. I forget how to play the darn game and I have no clue what I was supposed to do or who I was supposed to speak with to progress with the storyline. Sometimes all you really can do is just start the whole darn thing over again or sift through an online walkthrough up until where you left off.

Administrator

That's one thing they need to make sure is a choice in the games. Playing through the tutorial or going straight to the game. That way it skips any pointless school stuff that we don't need to know. UNLESS it's to show off some HUGE new mechanic to the game that no one has seen before.

They don't always make it super clear who to talk to or where to go. Heck some quests in the Final Fantasy game I play are just the same. Go here and speak to so and so. Only thing you have to go by is an image and no location. Out of a map it's just like "okay, so....where to try first."

Sometimes new things work wonders, sometimes it's a complete bust. I just think gen 7 overall was a bust, but again that's personal opinion.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Actually for me, after the Lurantis, the rest of the trial were easy in SuMo. Walks in the park even. USUM I had a bit more difficulty especially with Ultra Necrozma but overall I didn't find the remaining trials to be that difficult.
    / / / / / / / /

Agreed, I feel like a lot of the difficulty and even a bit of the charm was lost in the transition between SuMo and USUM. The trials felt less worked on, the characterization was changed, and I feel like the major beats of the final act relied on the fact that you had to have played SuMo to see the twist.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Mhm I agree. I think a large part of the impact in the final arc really does get missed if you haven’t played through that part of the game in SuMo. That said USUM felt a lot more fleshed out with the side quests and mini games.
    / / / / / / / /

I feel like if you had the story of SuMo (and somehow put Necrozma in there) combined with the gameplay of USUM, it'd be a much better game overall. I really liked the Ultra Beasts sidequest, even though the execution of it had a lot to be desired. I'll be real, I was a bit disappointed when I saw that it was replaced by the portals minigame.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Maybe they could've combined the two. Done the portals minigame to take you to their world but had their worlds be more expansive or something more akin to the ultra beast sidequest from SuMo.
    / / / / / / / /