Page 221 of 513 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 5121
    Senior Moderator

Square knows the vicegrip known as Disney wont let KH go. That is what the whole Verum Rex ordeal was for. That was Square saying "We know this is ****, we got you"

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It's crazy how possessive some people get over IPs. Geez. And to think way back when, Beethoven and Haydn were inspired by Mozart and no one had issues with that.

Funny how Disney gets all possessive about IPs that weren't originally their creation (Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid). I love how people on the internet have done the Mickey Mouse as Thanos meme nabbing all the entertainment franchises as the Infinity Stones. It's soooooo true. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I love it when people hate on like tracing and the like since copying other people's art for profit used to be huge back in the day. Granted I get the ethics behind why it's a problem and arguably it's a lot easier to do now but I do find the irony in it. My favorite story is Michelangelo. He'd go look up pictures of sculptures that had been lost by the church over the years and would just re-sculpt them, pretend he had found them, and sold them to the church as if he had dug them up because he'd get paid more if he found them than if he had carved them himself. It was how he honed his skills a lot too.

What's the Verum Rex ordeal?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I love it when people hate on like tracing and the like since copying other people's art for profit used to be huge back in the day. Granted I get the ethics behind why it's a problem and arguably it's a lot easier to do now but I do find the irony in it. My favorite story is Michelangelo. He'd go look up pictures of sculptures that had been lost by the church over the years and would just re-sculpt them, pretend he had found them, and sold them to the church as if he had dug them up because he'd get paid more if he found them than if he had carved them himself. It was how he honed his skills a lot too.

WUT.

Tracing is a way to learn. It helps you get a feel for paying attention to details, proportions, and keeping lines straight and clean. Plus everyone uses reference pictures and even concept art gets refined all the time. Heck, look at all the different appearances Pikachu has had over the years.

Also, NEWS FLASH! Everyone learns and does art differently. And to think there are some people who believe art done on a computer program isn't "real art" like painting on an easel or some rubbish like that.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    WUT.

Tracing is a way to learn. It helps you get a feel for paying attention to details, proportions, and keeping lines straight and clean. Plus everyone uses reference pictures and even concept art gets refined all the time. Heck, look at all the different appearances Pikachu has had over the years.

Also, NEWS FLASH! Everyone learns and does art differently. And to think there are some people who believe art done on a computer program isn't "real art" like painting on an easel or some rubbish like that.
    AH yeah I had an art server a while back that greatly frowned up the use of tracing to get down concepts. I traced a bunch of hands back when I was still practicing on my trackpad and got reprimanded for it. One day ban. Scene recreations were also not allowed as I later found out. When I tried to explain that I was self taught so I don't know a lot of the learning techniques that they use (like the Shrimp method which is a really good method to practice drawing stuff fun fact) they just said that this wasn't their problem and shouldn't be an excuse.

Artists are cliquish like that.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

The Verum Rex ordeal, oh boy. Well just in case others who haven’t played want to be surprised...

Not a main story spoiler, but KH3 scene from a world spoiler:

Spoiler:
    when you first arrive at Toy Box (the Toy Story world). You start it by seeing this amazing cutscene with these Final Fantasy like characters are being attacked by these robots. This girl that is being taken by some guy, and one above the others trying to save her. It’s supposedly Nomura’s take on how he wanted FF15 to actually be. Cause when the new guy took over. They scraped everything and destroyed it according to most fans. That one cutscene he puts in this game to promote something Toy wise in that world. That is supposedly his take on how he wanted FF15 to be is all. And it was incredible. That’s just what they mean by that. Cause KH3 could’ve been sooooooo much darker.certain things are just kinda dumbed down cause they know kids will wanna play it too. Not just the older fans of the series.

There’s more to say but it involves breaking into super spoiler territory.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

7. This post has been liked by:

AD 

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    The Verum Rex ordeal, oh boy. Well just in case others who haven’t played want to be surprised...

Not a main story spoiler, but KH3 scene from a world spoiler:

Spoiler:
    when you first arrive at Toy Box (the Toy Story world). You start it by seeing this amazing cutscene with these Final Fantasy like characters are being attacked by these robots. This girl that is being taken by some guy, and one above the others trying to save her. It’s supposedly Nomura’s take on how he wanted FF15 to actually be. Cause when the new guy took over. They scraped everything and destroyed it according to most fans. That one cutscene he puts in this game to promote something Toy wise in that world. That is supposedly his take on how he wanted FF15 to be is all. And it was incredible. That’s just what they mean by that. Cause KH3 could’ve been sooooooo much darker.certain things are just kinda dumbed down cause they know kids will wanna play it too. Not just the older fans of the series.

There’s more to say but it involves breaking into super spoiler territory.
    You got it, my man. We should make a [Spoiler/Heavy Spoiler] Verum Rex thread in the Media Hall, so some could talk a little more freely

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That sounds awful and unfortunate that something like that happened to the Final Fantasy games though it sounds very reminiscent of what I've heard happened to the Frozen level.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

AH yeah I had an art server a while back that greatly frowned up the use of tracing to get down concepts. I traced a bunch of hands back when I was still practicing on my trackpad and got reprimanded for it. One day ban. Scene recreations were also not allowed as I later found out. When I tried to explain that I was self taught so I don't know a lot of the learning techniques that they use (like the Shrimp method which is a really good method to practice drawing stuff fun fact) they just said that this wasn't their problem and shouldn't be an excuse.

Artists are cliquish like that.
    Eh, sounds like a rather snobbish community that isn't worth your time or attention. Anyone, and I mean anyone who puts down someone for trying and for having a passion to learn and get better immediately loses all my respect. I don't care how skilled they are in something. These guys could be incredibly amazing artists, but if their attitudes are rotten and they don't have respect for other people, I couldn't care less about what they create and I don't even want to hang around them. There are plenty of friendlier people that also have skill and can be sources of great advice. Those are the people to hang out with, because those will be the people that inspire you and strength you. If those other guys want to keep their experience to themselves, then they can be alone all by themselves.

I didn't know about the Shrimp method before, but after taking a quick skim through it, it's a pretty effective way to get the point across that hey, reference pictures help. A lot! As it says, it helps you notice the fine details that of course you're not going to be able to recreate just out of memory unless you've drawn that thing like a thousand times very recently.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Eh, sounds like a rather snobbish community that isn't worth your time or attention. Anyone, and I mean anyone who puts down someone for trying and for having a passion to learn and get better immediately loses all my respect. I don't care how skilled they are in something. These guys could be incredibly amazing artists, but if their attitudes are rotten and they don't have respect for other people, I couldn't care less about what they create and I don't even want to hang around them. There are plenty of friendlier people that also have skill and can be sources of great advice. Those are the people to hang out with, because those will be the people that inspire you and strength you. If those other guys want to keep their experience to themselves, then they can be alone all by themselves.

I didn't know about the Shrimp method before, but after taking a quick skim through it, it's a pretty effective way to get the point across that hey, reference pictures help. A lot! As it says, it helps you notice the fine details that of course you're not going to be able to recreate just out of memory unless you've drawn that thing like a thousand times very recently.
    Yeah they're a bunch of really popular comic authors in the pokemon community too so it's a shame but I think the fame has gone to their heads a bit. What's even more ironic is one of them has been accused multiple times of not having a unique style because of how reminiscent their style is of Steven Universe and it really shows. There's more details I can get into but I eventually cut myself off from them. There were a lot of other really good and helpful people in the server too but because the toxic ones were the mods it just made it difficult.

Yep! I use refs all the time. Sometimes I'll even find poses similar to what I want to do and kind outline it or something just to get a feel for it if it's a pose I've never done before. Same with hands. It's a useful technique to get a feel for how a certain pose or position feels.
    / / / / / / / /