Page 455 of 513 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I agree with this!! I heard a lot of criticism of the game and I think there are plenty of valid points but on the whole I feel like people just had unrealistic expectations. Sure it could have been even better, heck, considering the resources gamefreak and Nintendo can access, it could have been absolutely amazing. But people who thought they were gonna get Pokemon breath of the wild were always kidding themselves, I think.
    Yeah, I found it kind of funny people were complaining about it having low-res graphics. At first, it seems like it may be bad, but then once you play the game I found myself saying "this is so much fun I don't even care!" I mean, the graphics are kind of meant to be cartoonish/anime like, it's not going for super-gritty details in the first place. Plus really, I think the game looks beautiful anyway. The things they pointed out seem SOO nit-picky now and they probably had to dig deep to find the worst cases (like okay, I get it, the tree trunks look a little muddy, but I don't really care all that much).

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys View Post
    Sword and Shield is on track to being my favorite to be honest.
    I might be ready to second this. While I loved Black/White, I'm only up to Gym #2 in Shield so far and it's been an absolute blast already.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'm still on the fence about getting one of the new games. On the one hand I really want to (and there's a new pokemon I've fallen in love with), but the fact that none of my favorites got in discouraged me because of all the rumors that they might not come back and such. I know that's unlikely though, but all the talk about that just kind of brought me down. I don't personally see anything wrong with the graphics though, I don't really care if they're not super detailed or whatever.

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'm still on the fence about getting one of the new games. On the one hand I really want to (and there's a new pokemon I've fallen in love with), but the fact that none of my favorites got in discouraged me because of all the rumors that they might not come back and such. I know that's unlikely though, but all the talk about that just kind of brought me down. I don't personally see anything wrong with the graphics though, I don't really care if they're not super detailed or whatever.
    I say get one of the games and try not to think about that rumor too much. As... painful as it is that a certain Pokemon I really like is not in it, I try not to think about it (although the number I selected for my league uniform is that Pokemon's Pokedex number, so the spirit lives on!). Hopefully they'll be back someday, but even if they're not in these games, they're still Pokemon and that's not going away.

Administrator

An idea I had on these games. While they may not be in, what if it's like their League system is for Championships? They change up the listing each new season. Able to cut some that are currently in and add some that are out to fit standards for the new season! Meaning yeah you'll have Pokémon suddenly unusable, but it's an idea. That'd be a better way than totally having them removed.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    An idea I had on these games. While they may not be in, what if it's like their League system is for Championships? They change up the listing each new season. Able to cut some that are currently in and add some that are out to fit standards for the new season! Meaning yeah you'll have Pokémon suddenly unusable, but it's an idea. That'd be a better way than totally having them removed.
    That could cause some coding problems, though. Honestly, the best possible scenario would be for Nintendo/Game Freak to go back on their whole "new direction for the franchise" statement and be all "just kidding, here's the rest of them lol"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah but there's a lot of problems regarding that too. They'd have to spend more time reimplementing all the pokemon into each game and less time on other features. Which if you're fine with that then that's okay. Personally, I want to see how I like the games first before I cast judgement. Shaymin and Zoroark may not have made the cut but if the game makes up for it in how fun it is then I personally won't mind.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah but there's a lot of problems regarding that too. They'd have to spend more time reimplementing all the pokemon into each game and less time on other features. Which if you're fine with that then that's okay. Personally, I want to see how I like the games first before I cast judgement. Shaymin and Zoroark may not have made the cut but if the game makes up for it in how fun it is then I personally won't mind.
    Trust me when I say it definitely makes up for it. It's easy to get so immersed that you forget Dexit is even a thing. Though I would love to see all the missing Pokemon added back in time, and personally, if they need time to make it happen, they should just take it. Every time I've seen a franchise try to force out yearly releases, it causes problems. Give devs whatever time they need and then some to get those real gems of a game.

9. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    That could cause some coding problems, though. Honestly, the best possible scenario would be for Nintendo/Game Freak to go back on their whole "new direction for the franchise" statement and be all "just kidding, here's the rest of them lol"
    Yeah it was just thoughts I had recently (I knew would cause issues), but interesting to think about no less. It'd be nice to see them just add it all back. Cause yeah it is gonna impact them from this decision.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I never said they had to be added to these games specifically, just for future releases. And honestly, graphics have never been Pokemon's selling point nor strongest suit and what I've seen of SwSh proves it. The graphics aren't terrible like a lot of people are saying, but I don't find them to be that much of an improvement over SuMo either (plus cartoony graphics suit Pokemon better than hyper-realism anyway so yeah). Like, to me the main appeal of Pokemon is the Pokemon themselves. Anything else is of secondary concern: so long as the games aren't glitchy and unplayable, they could go back to using sprites and that would be perfectly fine.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah it was just thoughts I had recently (I knew would cause issues), but interesting to think about no less. It'd be nice to see them just add it all back. Cause yeah it is gonna impact them from this decision.
    Maybe we'll get a situation like Smash Ultimate where everyone gets added back in for a game later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Trust me when I say it definitely makes up for it. It's easy to get so immersed that you forget Dexit is even a thing. Though I would love to see all the missing Pokemon added back in time, and personally, if they need time to make it happen, they should just take it. Every time I've seen a franchise try to force out yearly releases, it causes problems. Give devs whatever time they need and then some to get those real gems of a game.
    Oh yeah a whole lot could be fixed if they didn't do yearly releases, but I seriously doubt they're going to take that step back. Not in the next few years at least with what all they have rolling out. So I'm just thinking more realistically with what I know about business and game design. Personally though, I don't really care that all the pokemon aren't included. I barely used my old buddies outside of their original games except to play online so eh. If it stays the way it is, no skin off my back. But I understand others don't feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I never said they had to be added to these games specifically, just for future releases. And honestly, graphics have never been Pokemon's selling point nor strongest suit and what I've seen of SwSh proves it. The graphics aren't terrible like a lot of people are saying, but I don't find them to be that much of an improvement over SuMo either (plus cartoony graphics suit Pokemon better than hyper-realism anyway so yeah). Like, to me the main appeal of Pokemon is the Pokemon themselves. Anything else is of secondary concern: so long as the games aren't glitchy and unplayable, they could go back to using sprites and that would be perfectly fine.
    Personally from what I've seen graphically, I think SwSh is a major improvement over past games. Granted I have yet to play the actual games so my opinion may change, but the Wild Area is a graphical feat on its own since a free range camera like that is NOT easy to work with graphically. Plus it's stylized, which like you said, really suits the games a lot better. The inclusion of long distance perspective is really interesting as well since in past games you could only see stuff like that in specific locations when the camera would move from over the player to behind them, so to have that ability in most areas is just amazing to me. I remember when I saw the first few shots of this game I was just taken aback by how pretty everything was. The textures of the water, land, and towns were just beautiful and I can't wait to play around in them when I get the games.

But I can understand your perspective as well. Not everyone feels the same about the graphics and don't think some of these new features that help sorta flesh out the games some aren't worth cutting the dex, which I can understand. Personally, I've never been the type to play the games with the same set of Pokemon each time. That becomes boring to me. I like to try new pokemon in new circumstances all the time, it's why I like randomizers so much. So I don't care if the dex is cut because the way I play has never been dependent on every pokemon being included in a certain game.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire