Page 477 of 513 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 5121
    Administrator

Yeah it all really depends on how the day is going and how late it is for me.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Today, I don't know what it was, but I just felt especially lazy. Especially after doing my regular Sunday morning workout.

Also, finally got around to seeing John Wick 3 yesterday. Was good, but just felt like the first two. I feel like not much more advancement was made in the overall storyline...

Administrator

Personally I felt it was all one big setup for the next movie. I think John Wick 3 was rushed to get him done with the role cause he's got so many movies in the works right now.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I get that impression, too. I also feel like a lot of plot elements were shoehorned in and it seems like John is able to pull "you owe me a favor" cards out of nowhere.

Some things just plain don't make sense, either. Does the High Table really need THAT many assassins in its network? I mean I get it, it's supposed to be a secret society with its own economy, but how could you keep that secret if you have that many fights and road battles in public places like that? XD

I mean it's a good series of movies, especially if you're an action freak, but some of the elements of the plot and setting are kind of out there.

Administrator

Oh yeah I love the movies. I love some good action movies, but some of those like you said are cards pulled out of thin air. Like...everyone he knows owes him a favor from this point in time for said event(s). He can also miraculously run into them whenever he needs to as well.

Yeah...only so many fights can happen in public places before it actually gets leaked and no longer is this high end "secret society." Next thing they'll add is the high table has a higher table that answers to another even higher table. It's such a high table. It's that secret.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

The other thing to is there are SO many occasions where the grunts that fight John could have killed him if they really wanted to. Instead, it's like there are unwritten combat rule assignments where it's like they have "no, everyone is supposed to use only knives and hand-to-hand in this fight" but then it'll be a "okay, now it's all good for everyone to use guns in this fight" and then it'll be a "only, fists and kicks only for this fight" but there's no indication of when it switches over. But each time, John and the henchmen he fights just go along with it. All it would take is for one gun-wielding dude to show up when John has his hands full with knives and he'd be a goner with a bang. And there's plenty of occasions where John is on the ground and half a second from getting finished off, but they let him get back on his feet again. I don't get why there's this sense of combative honor in a society like this. In any video game, if there's a bad guy I'm fighting on the ground, like hell I'm letting him get back up.

Plus those grunts, man, so many of them make such stupid, fatal mistakes. Oh yeah, go right out in the open rather than take cover or actually use the surrounding environment. Ambushing John totally isn't allowed here. And sure, waste your time and lose your window of opportunity at killing John just because you wanted to do a fancy trick with your knife just before you get pulverized in the face. Totally top league assassin material there. And sure, fire your guns on full auto rather than actually using aim and controlled burst fire so you're hitting something other than air.

Yeah, good movies, but there are plenty of occasions where your eyes are going to roll. But I guess they need to make the henchmen pretty incompetent, otherwise John realistically wouldn't last five minutes.

Administrator

It's like a typical good guys clause.

The bad guys have: bad aim, limited ammo, don't work together, get an upper hand and proceed to gloat and get taken off guard and die. John in this sense seems to have an advantage no matter what. Cause he knows about everyone in the world. The world at this point owes him favors. The only ones that don't owe him are the ones that hate him and want him dead.

Oh well...all's well that ends well. We'll get em next time. You know. Your typical Call of Duty quotes there.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

My friend said John Wick would make a great video game, and while it would, Max Payne is pretty much like that already. Though you have to enjoy Max's narratives as well, whereas John doesn't really say all too much.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I assume it’d be hack and slash style
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I've never played Max Payne. Is that a hack and slash?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links