Page 174 of 513 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 5121
    Administrator

The dentist in general can be annoying. At least it saves us from pain later on. Though some of them are far more rough than they need to be.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, had to get a filling done yesterday. It's the kind of thing that can make a Monday feel even crappier than usual. XD

If you have a rough dentist and you've been brushing and flossing well, it might just be time to find a new one. The guy I go to now is great but he's on the verge of retiring.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

My old hygenist retired a couple years ago and I was pretty sad about that, but the new lady is fairly nice so that’s good.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Yeah, I had to see a new hygenist as well. The guy I used to go to is great but he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. It's a terrible shame because the guy is good and is always one of the more gentler types that gives good advice and lets you know how you've been doing.

The younger hygenist I saw last time was pretty good, so I could keep going with her, but I feel bad for what happened with the first one...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Mmm man that is a shame.

How's everything else though?
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Dental-wise, I seem to be doing fine besides the filling, but that's the kind of thing that happens to everyone. I already brush twice a day and before going to the dentist on those two days, I was brushing teeth at work. Makes me wonder if I should do that on a regular basis, as it would be good to do that after lunch and it would give me a good reason to just get up, get my eyes off the screen, and freshen up for a few minutes.

I don't have dental insurance either. I looked into the plans and they were pretty lousy and I found I would be paying more than what I would be getting out of it. :P

Administrator

The new one I started at was great when he did a filling I needed. So I converted there for daily cleanings too. Thing is, the first hygienist gave me a really bad impression. I’ve necer had someone scrape my teeth so hard with that pick. Especially so close to the gun line. My mouth was sore for weeks. My gums are already pretty sensitive as it is. Luckily she was gone ever since then. The others have been way more gentle.

I’ve had a good few fillings and a root canal with him and he’s been great! Though lately making any sort of appointment has been really tough. I guess others have started to catch on now. I mean my job comes with a dental plan that’s good enough. Better than not having one I suppose. Saves me some money at least.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

I used to have a hygenist that was BRUTAL. She would always be aggressive with the picks and it would hurt every single time no matter how careful you were with cleaning.

I'm not a fan of that water sickle thing and how it tries to drown you. I'm glad they haven't used that thing for a while now at the office I go to, because that thing was awful and was usually the most painful tool they used.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Maybe your hygenist is just aggressive? I've never had any of those problems with either of mine.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Yep, Julie was her name. There used to be a joke of her being nicknamed "Gentle Julie" when everyone knew better. "Yes, my gums are bleeding because you're STABBING them."

Though I'll admit, when I was a kid, I didn't have very good dental hygiene and it was mostly out of laziness. If I could go back, it's definitely one of the things I'd change now that I know better. That and lordy, wear different clothes. Some of the things I wore in public back when I was a kid were ridiculous.