Page 456 of 513 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 5121
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Personally, I've never been the type to play the games with the same set of Pokemon each time. That becomes boring to me. I like to try new pokemon in new circumstances all the time, it's why I like randomizers so much. So I don't care if the dex is cut because the way I play has never been dependent on every pokemon being included in a certain game.
    I always try to use the new Pokemon as much as possible too. The thing is, once I'm done doing that (i.e. I finish the story mode) what I like to do next is take my new absolute favorites and mix them up with old favorites to make new semi-competitive teams, and that's gonna be hard to do now with this "new direction" unless the stars align in such a way that literally every single thing I like makes it into a game: say for example that I wanted to make a team with Yamper's evo and Aggron for the postgame stuff like Battle Tree or online matches. I can't. It's literally impossible because Aggron is not in the game. Therefore the only way it can ever be paired up with Yamper is in either an online simulator or by praying to the RNG god that a future game will include both. And that's just one possible combo. And that's not even getting into the move exodus which absolutely ruined what little viability my precious Jolteon had...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I always try to use the new Pokemon as much as possible too. The thing is, once I'm done doing that (i.e. I finish the story mode) what I like to do next is take my new absolute favorites and mix them up with old favorites to make new semi-competitive teams, and that's gonna be hard to do now with this "new direction" unless the stars align in such a way that literally every single thing I like makes it into a game: say for example that I wanted to make a team with Yamper's evo and Aggron for the postgame stuff like Battle Tree or online matches. I can't. It's literally impossible because Aggron is not in the game. Therefore the only way it can ever be paired up with Yamper is in either an online simulator or by praying to the RNG god that a future game will include both. And that's just one possible combo. And that's not even getting into the move exodus which absolutely ruined what little viability my precious Jolteon had...
    Move exodus? Ack that's a bit of spoilers I hadn't really heard about. Good to know I guess?

Either way I can understand that. Normally I just run competitively with whatever I feel like and don't worry about using old favorites unless I'm dying to. Like I did include Zoroark in teams a lot because it was a fun gimmick but this just means I get to use a new pokemon instead of resorting to just Zoroark. Plus I do think Showdown is a lot of fun so I wouldn't mind resorting to that.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Move exodus? Ack that's a bit of spoilers I hadn't really heard about. Good to know I guess?
    AHHFFF... dang. I thought this was already wide knowledge. Sorry, my b...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    AHHFFF... dang. I thought this was already wide knowledge. Sorry, my b...
    Nah it's okay. I've been kinda avoiding SwSh news that wasn't a trailer since the beginning of November.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Most of the time spoilers don't bother me, but I think the only thing I wish I hadn't spoiled was the ending of Earthbound.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Most of the time spoilers don't bother me, but I think the only thing I wish I hadn't spoiled was the ending of Earthbound.
    I still need to make time to play that someday. I know I ruined it for myself when GTI was released in Japan. I listened to every track in the game beforehand. Spoiled the crap out of the OST. Made it less....special. I made darn sure to stay away from any and ALL spoilers for Super. There's a good few other things I'll stay away from too

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

Okay.

Beat it. Been playing post game.

Sword is by far my favorite Pokemon game. No cap

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Normally i wouldn't mind either but I really just want to go into these games with as few spoilers as possible.
    / / / / / / / /

Normally i wouldn't mind either but I really just want to go into these games with as few spoilers as possible.
    I haven’t played a Pokémon game since Gen 4, so I’m right there with you. I’d rather go into Sword/Shield without any spoilers. I miss the feeling of experiencing a region for the first time. I’m looking forward to it.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    I haven’t played a Pokémon game since Gen 4, so I’m right there with you. I’d rather go into Sword/Shield without any spoilers. I miss the feeling of experiencing a region for the first time. I’m looking forward to it.
    Yeah even with the spoilers I've been exposed to I'm still really looking forward to it. Though any spoilers do bum me out a tad.
    / / / / / / / /