Page 415 of 513 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 5121
    although I liked Pokémon XYZ better i do like the Z Moves Gigavolt Havok & 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt if Ash had access to them against Alain in Pokémon XYZ Ash would've defeated Charazard X easy with Pikachu

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I tried watching a few episodes of the SuMo style Pokemon anime (the Alolan Raichu pancake race and that one where Mudbrey appears on a farm or something) and the whole time, it felt like I was watching a totally different anime.

Ash doesn't look the same, certainly doesn't sound the same, none of the characters are familiar, it just felt disconnected from it's roots to the point where I was wondering what was left to hold this series together. What's really left to this story that needs to be told? Yeah, I read in a news blip that Ash finally wins the league, and that's great, but I'm not feeling like I have to go back in there to see how it all happened.

I can't say it was BAD (although the ending of the Alolan Raichu pancake race episode was lame and made it feel like I wasted my time watching), but like I said, totally seemed different. None of the characters seemed recognizable save for Pikachu, although even he still feels a bit disconnected from how he used to be in previous seasons.

I dunno what to say about it. I wasn't happy but I didn't hate what I saw. I just can't say what I saw drove me to feel "holy crap, I've got to go back to watch everything I've missed because this is great and I need to get caught up to speed like everyone else!" It wasn't like Game of Thrones where falling behind was a bad spot to be in and you were missing out on all the buzz that everyone else was talking about, so you drove yourself to get caught up and connect all the sub-plots together.

But if you enjoyed it, that's cool and I'm glad you did. But it's still just one of those things I drifted out of and never got back into.
    In regards to him not sounding the same, when was the last time you watched the anime? They changed VAs back in the Hoenn arc iirc so if that was when you dropped off then that's why. Otherwise it's all just in your head since it's the same VA.

Either way I'm disappointed to hear you felt that way, but unfortunately for me, that's the general consensus across the internet communities I'm in. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who still likes the show no matter what changes come its way. Pokecommunity is thus far the only place I've been that still has a decent chunk of anime fans. It's great to be able to talk with them about each episode since it really does feel like the only place where people still like it.

The only other time I've felt like people have come together to celebrate the anime was when he finally won the Alolan League. But even then I saw a bunch of haters saying this is his weakest team yet, he doesn't deserve it, etc. which sorta made it less fun for me.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    In regards to him not sounding the same, when was the last time you watched the anime? They changed VAs back in the Hoenn arc iirc so if that was when you dropped off then that's why. Otherwise it's all just in your head since it's the same VA.

Either way I'm disappointed to hear you felt that way, but unfortunately for me, that's the general consensus across the internet communities I'm in. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who still likes the show no matter what changes come its way. Pokecommunity is thus far the only place I've been that still has a decent chunk of anime fans. It's great to be able to talk with them about each episode since it really does feel like the only place where people still like it.

The only other time I've felt like people have come together to celebrate the anime was when he finally won the Alolan League. But even then I saw a bunch of haters saying this is his weakest team yet, he doesn't deserve it, etc. which sorta made it less fun for me.
    We didn't get super far into the series, but when my sister last visited, we started watching the Sun and Moon anime and had a lot of fun. I do want to see more of it!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post

I'll admit, it's been a while. Maybe I would have gotten used to it, but I just never really did. It was like having the voice of a friend or teacher suddenly change overnight. Nothing about it seemed right. And I just feel like that change came at the worst possible time, right when there was a long lull in the action with not much going on. Made it too easy to just move onto something else after feeling it was never going to be the same.

It's not to say the anime doesn't have some really good moments. Every once in a blue moon, I watch it for long shot reasons, such as a certain Pokémon appearing. I will easily confess, the Emolga the Irresistible episode was AMAZINGLY hilarious and was a major reason for me making Emolga my favorite Pokémon. But maybe that's part of the reason. I really watch it for the Pokémon, not so much the human characters. Maybe I wish the scenario was different, such as the setting being more like PMD with those same kinds of highly suspenseful storylines and emotional use of characters. Save for Pikachu, most Pokémon only appear for a short while and either their feature episode is up or they come out of the Poké ball only once in a while before their trainer exits the anime for good. You never really find out what happens to them all. And some of them seem to be gone long before they really had their moment of impact. In the PMD games, some of those Pokémon you NEVER forget the huge and influential impact they have on you and the storyline.

It's great that you enjoy it and don't let the haters get in your way. Everyone of us enjoys Pokémon, but in different ways, and that's not a wrong thing.

5. This post has been liked by:

i guess my Last Post got overlooked/ignored for some reason

Senior Administrator

Most of the time it's just people don't know what to say in response. Doesn't mean they didn't read your insight on it.

Administrator

Yeah I still firmly believe Ash should've won in XY&Z. Though I think it's good Z-moves weren't around then either.

Honestly I'm still one of those that don't like the look of the anime in S&M. Ash didn't look the same as everyone knows. Whether it brought out more expressions or not. It just didn't fit the style Pokémon have had and should have in my honest opinion. Even Pikachu looked....weird to me. I didn't like it at all. I looked forward to the movies because the animation in those were BEYOND beautiful as it was in XY&Z. With S&M it's like they took a cheap small production crew that was new and said "have at it." Almost like a fan production (which would explain Ash actually winning for once). That's just how I feel whether others believe it not. It's my opinion. Doesn't mean it's that way for everyone though. As everyone has their own opinions on it.

Like Neo said. It's also a part of the impact they bring to light. Sometimes it's characters or certain aspects. The PMD games are a very good example of that.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

what do you think about the upcoming Pokémon anime ?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I guess I just don't like terms like "fan productions" used in reference to the show since it slights the efforts that went into the animation. People tend to forget that these are the livelihoods of animators and even if you don't like the style, a lot of effort goes into it to bring out the expressiveness. So to call it cheap really undermines all the effort that went into it, even if you don't like it or can't see it. I think that's why I try to not be overly negative with stuff since I know how much effort goes into anime, one of the few remaining forms of 2D animation out there. And I really appreciate that Kunihiko Yuyama, who has directed every season of the anime and every film, finally gave Ash the win he deserved. The minds behind the anime haven't changed, they were just experimenting, and I think saying that it was no better than "a fan production" isn't really okay. Saying you didn't like it, sure, but I think people just forget that people like Yuyama dedicated their whole lives to make the show. Without him, we wouldn't have the show at all, at least not in the form we know it, for better or for worse.

Either way I'm looking forward to the new season. I like that they're experimenting more with the show and the games. I like that they're trying new things. I'm hoping there won't be too much Kanto pandering and that it won't be just a rehashing of old adventures, but I'm really excited to see where they go with it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

As someone who has done Flash animations, oh trust me, I can't imagine how much work one episode is. My main concerns are just more of the character development and how Pokemon characters are treated. But the actual animation quality is fine, no complaints. I definitely don't consider myself capable of doing anything better than what they do.