Page 161 of 513 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 5121
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It got up to 15 C today! If not for the winds it would've been great!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

So how are you liking Spain so far? I'm curious to know how the food is over there.

Administrator

Rainy, windy, but still not cold enough for snow. If only

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

Dear lord, how many seasons are in DBR?

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    Dear lord, how many seasons are in DBR?
    Keeps going until only one person is left.

But yeah, it has been going on quite a bit longer than we had expected it would. First started in early November! XD I mean given, there are things that have lasted longer than that, though.

Administrator

Like these Last Poster Wins threads. Sometimes they go on for months.

The time is upon us...

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Like these Last Poster Wins threads. Sometimes they go on for months.
    Or Stalkers Season 2, if it had finished.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Yeah had that finished. It may still be going on today. Who knows. There’s a few interesting ones like it.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

As I told Bulbasaur, I'm thinking of bringing back Stalkers. Season 2 and the Squawkers parody version were just too big and too long. 5-6 Stalkers is the perfect size, no more than that. And the towns absolutely need to be made smaller. Season 1 and 3 were fine and I definitely plan on using those as the model. Season 2 just had too many extra spaces and we had to struggle to fill them with at least something. As for Squawkers, it was funny and hilarious in the beginning (I still chuckle over the death from overwhelming cuteness thing), but the joke behind it kind of ran dry and got stale after too long. If that had been smaller, as in half the size it was, I think it would have been perfect. I just got carried away with it and put in way too much.

I did try a few fun things with the Squawkers version that I think could be done with the real version. Things like how parts of the city got "corrupted" and I think money and inventory worked well. But in a new version, players would just have their own personal wallet and inventory rather than a shared one, although they would be welcome to trade items and key items could be shared. I think having a shared inventory for all items among all the players makes people reluctant to use the stuff because they might see it as impolite to use stuff without asking everyone else even though they may badly need it (unlike key items that really only have one purpose and there's no room for debate on how or when those are used). At least with a personal inventory or loadout, if they got it themselves or paid for it with their own earned money, there's no feeling of guilt or "maybe I should ask first" for using it. Shared inventory reminded me too much of those MMORPG guild vaults where everyone was encouraged and sometimes even pushed to stuff things into the Guild Vault, but good luck ever getting presidential security clearance to take stuff out and actually put it to use. Might as well be a black hole! XD

But yeah, I miss running Stalkers. It was fun and I have a feeling people would welcome a comeback for it.

10. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

That's really one of the big things. Sometimes it even happened during peak times where other members had to step away for awhile due to classes too. Little things that couldn't be helped. Yeah Stalkers was really successful and I think it's the hype from the first one that actually brought it down so much in the second. Because there was a sense of a certain standard that was expected and the desire to make it even better that ended up making the second one fall.

After having a 3rd round and Squawkers. There's new ideas and things we now know do and don't work. A smaller environment and lower number of Stalkers would probably work out a lot better for sure. It's odd, but Stalkers has been on my mind lately too. I've kinda missed having it around.

The time is upon us...