Site Editor

Administrator

Don't talk to me man I was stuck with rubber bands for five years
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

As in braces?

Yeah, I had those for three years. Ugh, hated them. My orthodontist was kind of a jerk as well. The day I got those removed felt better than Christmas.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yep. I had braces for six years, with rubber bands attached to them for five. All of middle school and two years into high school.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Yeah i hated having braces too. That was awful everyday...especially when they were adjusted. Made everything just huuurrrrrrrrt. Got caught on my lips a lot too. Luckily my orthodontist was one that took on the Invisalign sooner than others. So he got those working....after I had my braces taken off. Luckily I didn’t need to make the box out of the rubber bands like some of my classmates at the time. Oof, that just looked painful. Worst experience with them was when I got hit in the mouth playing basketball at school. That was.....a process.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah braces were even worse when you remember I was playing basketball at the time. I'd have stuff get caught on my lips and gums all the time and get told to just suck it up.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Yep, I remember that everything hurting feeling. He'd take out the metal wires, replace all the bands, put in new wires, and everything would hurt and ache for a good several weeks before things felt comfortable again. Brushing teeth with those was a pain as well. He'd keep complaining I wasn't doing a good enough job, but hey, it's not easy brushing anymore when you've got two railroad tracks all over your teeth. All kinds of crap could get caught and stuck in there. Then I also had to wear this ugly headgear thing and that made everything hurt even more. Plus the rubber bands I had to wrap around these hooks on the braces were weak, always kept snapping, and were really annoying to deal with.

I had them from fourth grade to seventh grade. I think I would have gone nuts if that had to go on any longer. >.<

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So who's ready for Valentine's?
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So who's ready for Valentine's?
    I'm ready for the day AFTER Valentine's when all the candy and chocolates get discounted! >:D

But otherwise eh, not really doing anything in particular. Still a working day so that's where I'll be most of the day anyway. What will you be up to?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'm ready for the day AFTER Valentine's when all the candy and chocolates get discounted! >:D

But otherwise eh, not really doing anything in particular. Still a working day so that's where I'll be most of the day anyway. What will you be up to?
    I will probably be sleeping in a bus for seven hours while we drive to Madrid because ya girl gets car sick and the instructors won’t let me take a train.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I will probably be sleeping in a bus for seven hours while we drive to Madrid because ya girl gets car sick and the instructors won’t let me take a train.
    Urf. That's a LOOONG drive. That's crazy, I'm sure a train would have been faster.

For some reason, I find it way easier to sleep on a train rather than a bus. Usually a train ride is nice and calm while a bus constantly changes speeds, stops, turns, gets stuck, and all that other stuff.