Page 208 of 513 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5121
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I've gotta say, for being accepted to one of the top schools in the country, students at Princeton University are clueless about crossing streets.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I've gotta say, for being accepted to one of the top schools in the country, students at Princeton University are clueless about crossing streets.
    One of these days it will be a true display of brains, both figuratively and literally.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I feel like that applies to all college students
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

This is why i never went. I would run someone over

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

People get hit by buses on my campus
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Yeah people just don’t care anymore. That or they want to cause an accident just to throw blame on someone else and try and get money out of it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

It's way too easy to sue, that's the problem. And as a result, people feel like they don't need to be responsible for themselves and if something goes wrong, it's someone else's fault and they'll sue.

I remember as a kid, if we got hurt on the playground, we wisened up a bit and learned to be more mindful and careful. Now it's like people act like someone else set them up for disaster when there was no way they could have forseen things like that happening.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    It's way too easy to sue, that's the problem. And as a result, people feel like they don't need to be responsible for themselves and if something goes wrong, it's someone else's fault and they'll sue.

I remember as a kid, if we got hurt on the playground, we wisened up a bit and learned to be more mindful and careful. Now it's like people act like someone else set them up for disaster when there was no way they could have forseen things like that happening.
    Actually I studied this back in high school! These lawsuits are far less common than you think! There’s very few what we call “frivolous lawsuits”. After the McDonalds case a while back a bunch of companies started using advertising and other tactics to spread false rumors about the frequency of these lawsuits and putting an extremely negative stigma on them so that when something that really was the company’s fault did occur, people would be less inclined to sue because they would be worried about being classified as a frivolous lawsuit.

That being said you are also right that the sense of entitlement in the world seems to have increased in recent years.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Actually I studied this back in high school! These lawsuits are far less common than you think! There’s very few what we call “frivolous lawsuits”. After the McDonalds case a while back a bunch of companies started using advertising and other tactics to spread false rumors about the frequency of these lawsuits and putting an extremely negative stigma on them so that when something that really was the company’s fault did occur, people would be less inclined to sue because they would be worried about being classified as a frivolous lawsuit.

That being said you are also right that the sense of entitlement in the world seems to have increased in recent years.
    Sauce? I'm just curious.

Insurance fraud still is a multi-billion dollar problem, though. Heck, I got into a car accident with someone was clearly fine and walking around after the incident and her car had taken less damage than mine. She had a small indentation on her bumper and her signal light got knocked out. That was it. She also claimed she was fine at the scene. But days later, she claimed personal injury and tried to milk my car insurance company for cash. I guess the point I'm trying to make is it does seem like this tendency to blame someone else rather than admit one's own fault is a lot more prevalent lately. Every day people are trying to find new ways to abuse the system and there's a distinct lack of honesty.

Senior Moderator

I am officially a chu. Pikachu is the most fun to play in Ultimate

·»Your focus determines your reality«·