Page 218 of 513 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Pokémon Mystery dungeon Randomized is incredibly tough though. I’ve seen people try, but to find Dialga in Brine Cave is insane early on. You gotta be super lucky to get through.
    Holy crap, to go through every dungeon floor knowing that's a possibility... o.O

I know there was a randomizer for Resident Evil. Now that would be fun, because there's some powerful, hard to get weapons in that but they usually have pretty limited ammo (that machine gun, flamethrower, and rocket launcher to name a few). To be able to get those early on would be a treat!

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Pokémon Mystery dungeon Randomized is incredibly tough though. I’ve seen people try, but to find Dialga in Brine Cave is insane early on. You gotta be super lucky to get through.
    I'm always up for the challenge! And if I do undergo this I'll be sure to document it since it's gonna be a rough go.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Holy crap, to go through every dungeon floor knowing that's a possibility... o.O

I know there was a randomizer for Resident Evil. Now that would be fun, because there's some powerful, hard to get weapons in that but they usually have pretty limited ammo (that machine gun, flamethrower, and rocket launcher to name a few). To be able to get those early on would be a treat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'm always up for the challenge! And if I do undergo this I'll be sure to document it since it's gonna be a rough go.
    Yeah I mean. I’d love to give it a try. Just to see how crazy things may get. It’d be one insane trip for sure, but I’m sure it’d be fun.

A Resident Evil randomizer sounds crazy too. You’d have to be super lucky to get one of the powerful weapons early on, but even more lucky to get more ammo for it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Yeah I mean. I’d love to give it a try. Just to see how crazy things may get. It’d be one insane trip for sure, but I’m sure it’d be fun.

A Resident Evil randomizer sounds crazy too. You’d have to be super lucky to get one of the powerful weapons early on, but even more lucky to get more ammo for it.
    See, that's where it could be a lot of fun (and sometimes frustrating) if you get a ton of ammo for one gun, but you just don't have the gun yet, where the only gun you DO have is running on fumes and you've got to run away from everything instead! I've never tried it but I think it could be pretty wild.

Legend of Zelda sounds fun, too, but I'm hoping they keep key items in the same spots. Otherwise, for example, if you get the Hookshot earlier than expected but you didn't get the Hammer or whatever when you need it to progress, you could end up getting stuck. But then maybe that's just the nature of the beast when it comes to these things. XD

I'm wondering with Pokemon randomizers... doe it make ANY random Pokemon appear? Even fully evolved ones that would never appear in the wild ordinarily?

Administrator

See, that's where it could be a lot of fun (and sometimes frustrating) if you get a ton of ammo for one gun, but you just don't have the gun yet, where the only gun you DO have is running on fumes and you've got to run away from everything instead! I've never tried it but I think it could be pretty wild.

Legend of Zelda sounds fun, too, but I'm hoping they keep key items in the same spots. Otherwise, for example, if you get the Hookshot earlier than expected but you didn't get the Hammer or whatever when you need it to progress, you could end up getting stuck. But then maybe that's just the nature of the beast when it comes to these things. XD

I'm wondering with Pokemon randomizers... doe it make ANY random Pokemon appear? Even fully evolved ones that would never appear in the wild ordinarily?
    Well it depends on traps or grenades. RE4 Leon could kick or pull of all these other moves in defense if you stun them. Otherwise some confrontations are nigh near impossible.

Ocarina of Time Randomizer has been modified ever since they started. It’s amazing how it is now. There’s a “logical” and “no logic” mode. Logic meaning it will be possible to compete according to the settings you set. No logic means it might be impossible and some areas you may have to use glitched to get through.

With logical, you can have the temple of time open from the start and go adult instantly upon starting the game, the medallion randomized. So no, key items can be randomized too. There’s even shopsanity so items COULD appear in shops. Not crazy enough? Try Keysanity. Where it throws all dungeon keys into the randomizer. Keys can be found to other dungeons anywhere outside of that dungeon. Still not crazy enough? Try ALL SANITY. Every single item ever in the game is randomized. Even the golden skulltulas. You can kill one of those spiders and find a bomb bag or a dungeon key, etc. it could be a game where you need to find 50+ of them to even beat it. Depends on what you set it for and so much more. Even the SONGS can be thrown into the randomizer. Now THAT is a tough one as well. The sound effects and ost too. So you could essentially be fighting Ganon to saaaaay....the horse racing song? And when low of health. You could hear King Zora doing his “Mweep” sound effect instead. Anything is possible xD

Yup! Depending on how you set the ones (or how the rom is set for). You can make ANY Pokémon appear in the wild. Even legendaries, baby Pokémon, or different region. Doesn’t matter. Whatever settings you set it for. It sets it to that randomized setting.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 03-22-2019 at 02:05 PM.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Well it depends on traps or grenades. RE4 Leon could kick or pull of all these other moves in defense if you stun them. Otherwise some confrontations are nigh near impossible.

Ocarina of Tome Randomizer has been modified ever since they started. It’s amazing how it is now. There’s a “logical” and “no logic” mode. Logic meaning it will be possible to compete according to the settings you set. No logic means it might be impossible and some areas you may have to use glitched to get through.

With logical, you can have the temple of time open from the start and go adult instantly upon starting the game, the medallion randomized. So no, key items can be randomized too. There’s even shopsanity so items COULD appear in shops. Not crazy enough? Try Keysanity. Where it throws all dungeon keys into the randomizer. Keys can be found to other dungeons anywhere outside of that dungeon. Still not crazy enough? Try ALL SANITY. Every single item ever in the game is randomized. Even the golden skulltulas. You can kill one of those spiders and find a bomb bag or a dungeon key, etc. it could be a game where you need to find 50+ of them to even beat it. Depends on what you set it for and so much more. Even the SONGS can be thrown into the randomizer. Now THAT is a tough one as well. The sound effects and ost too. So you could essentially be fighting Ganon to saaaaay....the horse racing song? And when low of health. You could hear King Zora doing his “Mweep” sound effect instead. Anything is possible xD

Yup! Depending on how you set the ones (or how the rom is set for). You can make ANY Pokémon appear in the wild. Even legendaries, baby Pokémon, or different region. Doesn’t matter. Whatever settings you set it for. It sets it to that randomized setting.
    Wow, that sounds... FANTASTIC! Ah man, God bless the people that make these things. :3

I definitely need to try one of these things at least once sometime. I think the only thing I did it for was the original Doom, which had D!Zone as a randomizer thing (also included additional maps and such). It allowed you to choose exactly what enemies, weapons, and such appeared at what frequencies. I played around with that for quite a while, but that was years ago. But the best was the Simpsons mod for Doom 2.

The last game I modded was XCOM2, and there's a great pile of fun mods for that one right on Steam. The vanilla version of the game is alright, I'd give it a 8/10, but when you mod the heck out of it, it becomes a totally new experience. You can put Soldier: 76 and Tracer from Overwatch into it (skins, voices, and all), give the Spark units a skin from Titanfall with Optimus Prime's voice, use the Long War mod to COMPLETELY change the main campaign game layout, change the weapon skins, and loads of other neat effects! Totally renews the replay value of that game, though it still gets DAMN hard at times.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I actually just remembered I have played part way through a randomized PMD game where my MC was an anorith and my partner was a Roserade. Gonna definitely have to try randomizing again since I think that file is on my Mac and I wanna go even more chaotic than that was.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I actually just remembered I have played part way through a randomized PMD game where my MC was an anorith and my partner was a Roserade. Gonna definitely have to try randomizing again since I think that file is on my Mac and I wanna go even more chaotic than that was.
    Does the ROM usually come with these randomization options or is that some kind of mod you need to get as an add-on?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Does the ROM usually come with these randomization options or is that some kind of mod you need to get as an add-on?
    Nah like with most randomizers you have to download a program that scrambles the data. For PMD it's especially hard because you can't use the typical Universal Randomizer that works for most pokemon ROM games. As far as I know there's only one or two PMD ones and they only work for PMD sky.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

You’d think Nintendo would start to catch on to this fad and make certain games come with randomizers. Or at least rerelease the games WITH a randomizer to it. It’d only be more money for them.

The time is upon us...