Page 222 of 513 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah they're a bunch of really popular comic authors in the pokemon community too so it's a shame but I think the fame has gone to their heads a bit. What's even more ironic is one of them has been accused multiple times of not having a unique style because of how reminiscent their style is of Steven Universe and it really shows. There's more details I can get into but I eventually cut myself off from them. There were a lot of other really good and helpful people in the server too but because the toxic ones were the mods it just made it difficult.

Yep! I use refs all the time. Sometimes I'll even find poses similar to what I want to do and kind outline it or something just to get a feel for it if it's a pose I've never done before. Same with hands. It's a useful technique to get a feel for how a certain pose or position feels.
    That is a shame, but still, no amount of fame or recognition gives anyone the green light to act like a jerk to other people. Banning people for that is just flat out ridiculous. And they're hypocrites, also. They blame people for recreations and yet they're making Pokemon comics when Pokemon isn't their own creation. You made the right move by leaving. And yeah, it's the worst when the most toxic ones are the mods. It's like dealing with dictators, tyrants, crooked cops.

Heck, I use refs even when drawing Emolga. Mainly just in case. It's really just to get the delicate details down like how the bottom of his eyes should be level with the nose and how the top of the yellow cheek circles should line up with the nose as well. But I keep forgetting that Emolga has REALLY tiny fingers. I so often make the mistake of making them bigger than they should be. :P

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    That is a shame, but still, no amount of fame or recognition gives anyone the green light to act like a jerk to other people. Banning people for that is just flat out ridiculous. And they're hypocrites, also. They blame people for recreations and yet they're making Pokemon comics when Pokemon isn't their own creation. You made the right move by leaving. And yeah, it's the worst when the most toxic ones are the mods. It's like dealing with dictators, tyrants, crooked cops.

Heck, I use refs even when drawing Emolga. Mainly just in case. It's really just to get the delicate details down like how the bottom of his eyes should be level with the nose and how the top of the yellow cheek circles should line up with the nose as well. But I keep forgetting that Emolga has REALLY tiny fingers. I so often make the mistake of making them bigger than they should be. :P
    Yeah I don't want to discredit them as artists and authors since they are very good at what they do. They're just awful people. I definitely made the right decision to leave but it was hard because of how many good people in the server there were. I miss those people quite a bit.

Yeah I use refs a lot for a lot of stuff. It makes things sooooo much easier.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Yeah it doesn’t make any sense why someone could act like that. Not only that, but those that accuse others of wrongdoing while they themselves are doing the same thing they accuse others of doing and RNG they are. It makes no sense. It’s like throwing the blame card and if someone even so much as asks a question they get super defensive on it. I don’t blame you for wanting to get away from all of that. No one bit.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

It likely all boils down to what drove them to get good at art. If they did it just for fame, recognition, and possibly money, that's probably why and how they got to be the way they are. Rather than creating something to bring their imagination to life and inspire others, they did it for ego food and now they think they can put others down as a way of making themselves look better. Someone who is good but humble will recognize that they weren't always good and will know it took a long road of practice and commitment to get there, and that there is always still more to learn and experience. They'll also understand everyone goes down that same road and everyone is at different stages of development but everyone wants to get better. That's never something to ridicule, because while someone may be better at someone else in one particular field, that other person may very well be better than they are at something else. Plus you never know. The one who was once just a newbie may one day overtake the former masters. NEVER underestimate someone else's drive and desire to excel at something, because that can be a big, royal butt-kicking in the future.

"Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noted, but just make your absence felt." I don't know who wrote that quote but it's beautiful. That needs to be written on their faces with a permanent marker. Jigglypuff style. Hopefully one day a great and very nice artist will humble the heck out of them. But if not, evil tends to turn on evil. They'll eat each other trying to compete with one another for their own individual fame and attention. It'll be their own undoing as they claim and take away from one another rather than work together to grow as a community. Eventually their true colors will come out and it'll be anything but pretty. In time, people will take note and they'll need to adapt and learn from their selfish mistakes or it'll take them down the loser's road where all backs are turned on them and they just fade into obscurity.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'm so annoyed. I had two people in a row back out of paying for a custom plush and they didn't tell me until I asked them about it. I was trying to contact one of them for months. Guess I'm putting it on etsy or something where a person can buy instantly, I'm done dealing with people who say they'll pay a certain day and then just go silent for months.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'm so annoyed. I had two people in a row back out of paying for a custom plush and they didn't tell me until I asked them about it. I was trying to contact one of them for months. Guess I'm putting it on etsy or something where a person can buy instantly, I'm done dealing with people who say they'll pay a certain day and then just go silent for months.
    Ugh, man. Sometimes people suck. I hope you're able to get that resolved and you're able to find buyers on Etsy. Often I've seen most shops make buyers have to put a deposit down for custom orders, which I totally understand. It makes people commit to the purchase and it covers the cost of materials before work gets started. When I got that shiny Ninetales kigurumi done, she asked that I first do that and then when it was all done, I paid off the rest before she shipped it. I followed up every month just to get updates, prove I hadn't been abducted by aliens, and she was happy to reply, send photos, and give friendly feedback. Worked wonderfully, but unfortunately I know it doesn't always work out like that between buyer and seller.

The STUPIDEST comment I've ever seen a seller attest to that they got from a buyer is "oh, but you're a freelacer! Doesn't that mean you work for free?" People like that need to be shipped off to another planet immediately.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That's so bogus. Definitely from now on would recommend you do what Neo recommended which is require some kind of payment ahead of time. Most of my artist friends require something like that depending on how what the project is. Of course when I commission them I usually opt to pay fully in advance or a large portion so they can be at ease about it.

Also someone remind me to never go drinking again.
    / / / / / / / /

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yeah, I think normally people require payments ahead of time for that stuff.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It depends on various factors though on how much so best to look at what other people require first.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

That’s just totally unfair and not right that people do that. If things come up I understand. But more of s heads up is fine. They do need to help resolve things for custom orders. Make it so there’s down payments so sellers aren’t ripped off by such scamming buyers. It’s makes it so hard and frustrating for sellers. Especially when they put in so much time and hard work into custom orders. But yeah, like the others said. Try making sure they pay ahead of time. Not in full, but one being a down payment. To help make sure they will be committed to the full purchase later on.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..