Page 246 of 513 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 5121
    Administrator

Some games really require it. If you don't there's no way to keep up in what they expect you to. It's like there's a huuuuuuuge gap in difficulty if you don't. Suddenly everything will near one shot you or completely overkill you. Don't forget the daily (monthly) bonuses and time limited events to get exclusive characters which only unlock certain items or abilities it expects later on for some runs to help get through another trial, etc. It's all kinda unfair to expect everyone to pay up just to keep up in the difficulty and...it really just turns off the game's quality.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I had that issue with Clash of Clans and there I hit a similar wall. The game is simple, you build a fort, build an army, and attack other people's forts for cash and stuff. And of course you can upgrade your buildings, walls, all that other stuff.

The problem is the higher the upgrade, the more expensive it is. Well, okay, that's not too bad and seems normal, but then you realize much further down the road that hey, I can't upgrade anything anymore because I need to stop and save money. So you try saving up until you have enough. Problem is if you get raided (which you constantly do), attackers will steal your gold and you'll be unable to upgrade. Unless of course... microtransactions! So unless you purchase those, any gold you try to save for upgrades will always be sucked dry. Especially by those that purchase those microtransactions for better stuff so they can pillage everyone else's forts and take their cash.

And now you know why I haven't played Clash of Clans for like six or so years. :P Wouldn't ever recommend it either.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I had that issue with Clash of Clans and there I hit a similar wall. The game is simple, you build a fort, build an army, and attack other people's forts for cash and stuff. And of course you can upgrade your buildings, walls, all that other stuff.

The problem is the higher the upgrade, the more expensive it is. Well, okay, that's not too bad and seems normal, but then you realize much further down the road that hey, I can't upgrade anything anymore because I need to stop and save money. So you try saving up until you have enough. Problem is if you get raided (which you constantly do), attackers will steal your gold and you'll be unable to upgrade. Unless of course... microtransactions! So unless you purchase those, any gold you try to save for upgrades will always be sucked dry. Especially by those that purchase those microtransactions for better stuff so they can pillage everyone else's forts and take their cash.

And now you know why I haven't played Clash of Clans for like six or so years. :P Wouldn't ever recommend it either.
    ..........I actually started playing again recently because my cousin invited me to his clan again xD....free clan war = free gold for good attacks. You almost need to be in a clan to get the gold and stuff you need. They too recently, have fallen to the Fortnite style of Season Pass. Sad, but hey, something to pass the time.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    ..........I actually started playing again recently because my cousin invited me to his clan again xD....free clan war = free gold for good attacks. You almost need to be in a clan to get the gold and stuff you need. They too recently, have fallen to the Fortnite style of Season Pass. Sad, but hey, something to pass the time.
    I mean that's fine, but for me, the axe comes down if: Free game download + Multiplayer component + Microtransactions that give in-game advantage (if it's just for skins or audio/aesthetic items such as in Overwatch's case, it's permissible).

And I haven't ever played Fortnite, but it doesn't have the best reputation. I've only heard doubtful things about it...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I mean that's fine, but for me, the axe comes down if: Free game download + Multiplayer component + Microtransactions that give in-game advantage (if it's just for skins or audio/aesthetic items such as in Overwatch's case, it's permissible).

And I haven't ever played Fortnite, but it doesn't have the best reputation. I've only heard doubtful things about it...
    Yeah I mean I wouldn't recommend it. Fortnite was fun with friends for.....maybe a month? Outside of that I stopped playing. I never wanted to play alone cause. Well it's no fun alone. Now I don't really even play it. If there were some game we ALL could play that'd be awesome!

I know there's this stream community I partake in on YouTube. Was there from near the beginning before it became a 24/7 thing. Now it's been running 2 1/2 years. I kind left it after a year, but I went back to see how it's improved. Suddenly I'm hooked again. Now, someone in the group is drawing a Community picture of some of the well known members. It's gonna have 150+ people/characters in it. It's looking incredible so far! Of course, I'm gonna be a Pikachu when he gets there, but I'm scheduled to be in it....eventually xD.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I never got into Fortnight it wasn't really my thing
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

It was weird and clunky. Like I said. I couldn’t really get into it without friends. Even thenit was odd, but something to play at least.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'll stick with prop hunt with friends XD
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Prop hunt is always fun xD. Never know what to expect with those matches.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It's even more fun with friends
    / / / / / / / /