Page 269 of 513 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 5121
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah, I get a few jewels every now and then. It's not like how when it was first released. Getting all those bonus jewels was so nice. I get enough every rare now and then to pull another 4 pack for a better chance at something rare.
    Hm I suppose that's true. I intend to continue playing though.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I have actually played a few mobile gacha games, but some of my favorites got shut down a couple years back. Currently I play 3 mobile games, only one of which would probably fall into the gacha game territory. Plants vs Zombies Heroes, Mortal Kombat Mobile, and Battle Cats (which is the gacha game). All of them are free, and they all have the option to have microtransactions, but none of them push it so far as to be mandatory.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Man Battle Cats makes me think of Bread Kittens. That was a fun game. And I used to play Plants vs Zombies but unfortunately the levels got a bit too hard for me.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Hm I suppose that's true. I intend to continue playing though.
    Yeah I don't blame you either. It can be a fun game!

Oh yeah Plants vs Zombies was another that got really difficult. Well the mobile version did. Requiring so much to get through certain levels and it was just based way too much on RNG.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I did the time travel game but never got very far.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

That was way back when I didn't have a job. I looked at it then as a game just trying to pull in more money. And...well that's exactly what it is. It relies too much on needing premium items and plants

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah pretty much. It was fun while it lasted.

Fate/Grand Order kinda gets like that the further in the story you get. The seventh singularity is a doozy of a difficulty jump from the sixth one. But, the flip side to that coin is they give you one freebie full team revival every three days, and their in game currency, Saint Quartz, is given out quite frequently in small amounts.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

So many games have dual currencies. The first, easy-to-get currency that isn't too hard to get in-game and then that "special" currency that gives you access to all the much better stuff, but is totally microtransaction-heavy.

As long as it's not TOO hard to get that special second currency or there are workarounds for it, I'm not too bothered by it. But there are too many games where the first currency is near useless and the second currency is the only key to actually building anything.

I liked Unison League for a while, but holy crap, they totally bogged that game down with so many frivolous little extras, add-ons, and junk that it just became too much. I think World of Warcraft suffered the same fate and you wouldn't know how to play the game anymore if you've been out of it for a few years.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Fate is weird because the first currency is soooooo plentiful that I often forget it exists. Like you need it to power people up and stuff but it's just so easy to get that I just forget that this stuff costs things. XD

Fate also has like a lot of other weird currencies. It has maybe five currencies in total? All with varying degrees of difficulty to obtain?
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Fate is weird because the first currency is soooooo plentiful that I often forget it exists. Like you need it to power people up and stuff but it's just so easy to get that I just forget that this stuff costs things. XD

Fate also has like a lot of other weird currencies. It has maybe five currencies in total? All with varying degrees of difficulty to obtain?
    Disney Heroes was the most I've ever seen. It had something like eight or so different types and it felt like every week they were adding a new one just for funsies. I quit playing that, though. There comes a point when progression feels so terribly slow. And in that game, they go nuts dangling microtransactions in your face like every five minutes. Boom, $20 bucks just to beef up one hero. You could kill a few hundred on that nonsense and still be behind.

There was another zombie game (Last Day on Earth: Survival) that was just so laughably bad and poorly designed. The graphics were beautiful and so nicely detailed, but that was its only saving grace and I feel bad for the graphic designers that likely spent so much time and effort into those resources and game assets. The actual gameplay itself was a joke. It was impossible to kill anything with your starting equipment (which consisted of a cheap blunt weapon and barely noticeable armor and when you died (not if, WHEN), you lost everything and there was nothing around to help you recuperate what you lost. So you're literally just running around in your underwear after that with even less than what you started off with. Trying to scavenge for the most basic equipment and materials was always a suicide mission even at level 1. On top of that, you were subjected to PVP right at level 1 (always a horrible idea, give people some time to even learn how to play first). So if the packs of zombies and other overpowered mutants weren't tearing you apart, other players were. Even after losing everything, I was getting warnings about "Incoming Horde" and a "Starvation" warning. Things were so beyond hopeless I actually found it comical how badly Murphy's Law just completely devoured this game every millisecond. And then uninstall.