Page 27 of 513 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well I did fly coach on the way back from New York. It wasn't that bad, but I have heard odd stories my dad has gone through on flights back from New Mexico while he was out there. Some real oddballs out there and some really rude.

Yeah I was wondering how it would be for me when I got to Japan. It's a loooooooong flight. So how would I need to go about sleep? Makes it difficult going alone and not knowing where to go. Sooooo yeah! Tough choices! I really gotta plan that trip again soon.
    I've heard some people pop some Benadryl and that helps them doze off.

But yeah, I flew all the way to France and it's a LONG flight. Wear very comfortable clothes and don't have any caffeine. Reading might also help.

Administrator

It's weird. Benadryl helped me sleep in the hospital with a tube in my chest, but at home it never helps. Even Melatonin has stopped helping me really. Then again this new kind I have is supposed to be stronger, but the way it works isn't as good I think.

Yeah now I'm sure there's many different things to try. They try and accommodate with plug-ins on every chair now for chargers, portable devices, etc.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    HA HA HA HA HA WAIT UNTIL YOU FLY INTERNATIONAL IN COACH WE'LL SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT THEN!!!

I can't sleep on planes. I can't even really get deep into sleep sitting up either. I only just doze off, and on a plane, just when you think you might be able to get a little shuteye, suddenly things start shaking and you're woken up again. And this can go on for 10+ hours or so. And then more fun, you get there and you're tired and cranky and sore in the butt, but it's only just the morning and everyone else in your country of arrival is just starting the day! It has a very "I just pulled an all-nighter" kind of feel.
    Yeah I can sleep a little on planes but not much. It's just too loud and uncomfortable! It's a super long flight to get to anywhere from here as well. I've been to the US (16 hrs straight) and Europe (9 hours plus 11 hours). It's such an effort. I don't wanna go anywhere unless it's for a couple months to make it worthwhile haha. I'm jealous of people in Europe who can drive to other countries xD
    GCEA

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah I can sleep a little on planes but not much. It's just too loud and uncomfortable! It's a super long flight to get to anywhere from here as well. I've been to the US (16 hrs straight) and Europe (9 hours plus 11 hours). It's such an effort. I don't wanna go anywhere unless it's for a couple months to make it worthwhile haha. I'm jealous of people in Europe who can drive to other countries xD
    You guys are super lucky living in another country how your vacation system works. Getting a month off from work. It'd be so great to get a full month off like that for long extended vacations. Cause a week long trip to Japan isn't gonna be long at all. XD

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

God yeah my mom has been working with a company since I was at least in the third grade (so over twelve years at this point) and she still only gets like... two or three weeks vacation.

But I can't sleep on planes either. When I went to Spain this year I didn't even try. The seats keep getting smaller and smaller and I just can't.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

At 7+ years with most companies you get 3 weeks. Below that it's around 2 and increasing each year. It suuuuucks. I wish there were a longer break period in some way.

I guess I'll see first hand just how bad it is one day xD. Yeah coach had much smaller seats compared to 1st class. I know for overseas flights there's even larger ones with a room and BEDS on some flights. Now that would be nice. But it's soooooo expensive.

The time is upon us...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

That's really gross that you get so few holidays. 4 weeks is the minimum here and it's still not enough. I mean the only reason most people work is to survive. You shouldn't have to spend all your time doing it. What's the point?!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That's really gross that you get so few holidays. 4 weeks is the minimum here and it's still not enough. I mean the only reason most people work is to survive. You shouldn't have to spend all your time doing it. What's the point?!
    Because if all the workers decide to leave for too long the place can't run without them. Anytime my mom or dad try to take a holiday they still are getting calls and doing stuff for their jobs because their businesses can't run without them even though they aren't that high up in either of their companies. My dad has been working at his job for 35 ish years and gets a fair amount of vacation days as a result but I don't think it's more than like two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    At 7+ years with most companies you get 3 weeks. Below that it's around 2 and increasing each year. It suuuuucks. I wish there were a longer break period in some way.

I guess I'll see first hand just how bad it is one day xD. Yeah coach had much smaller seats compared to 1st class. I know for overseas flights there's even larger ones with a room and BEDS on some flights. Now that would be nice. But it's soooooo expensive.
    On overseas flights I swear the coach seats get even smaller.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

@Noblejanobii probably because they're trying to accommodate with all these plug-ins and such and that takes up space. That suuuuuuucks though

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'd take that as an excuse except there's like only one plug or something which is stupid
    / / / / / / / /