Page 28 of 513 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Administrator

That'd be weird if so. Looking on the flight thing when I planned my Japan trip it stayed each chair could have a plug-in for electronics AND a USB port. If there was only one I'd complain.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah when I flew to spain there was only one.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

I dunno. Maybe they changed or maybe it was whichever flight you chose, like Delta or whichever you went on or just an old plane. I dunno. Guess we can find out next time someone takes a long overseas flight.

The time is upon us...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

My last international flight was in 2013, but there were only USB ports then and no power points. Power points are different for every country too, so I'm not sure how that works on international flights xD One of the planes I went on was pretty old and didn't have anything not even screens in the back of chairs. That was a 9 hour one.
    GCEA

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    *can't relate in the slightest*

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Well not everyone can. It's all good, no worries!

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

So I'm back from my camping trip! :3

It was good fun, but as some people know, rain came down right when I was in the middle of pitching the tent. Too late to stash it back in the bag, but we didn't get far enough for it to get covered correctly. So... it was like sleeping in a cold, wet, dripping cave for the first night. Hey, at least we were able to get it up, so it could have been worse!

It was a fun time, though we didn't go rafting this time because the river current was pretty rough. That sucks because I had everything ready for it, but hey, maybe next time. :3

The place we stayed at was Cedar Rapids in Barryville NY, which is a nice place, but you feel like you're so far away from the rest of the planet. So glad they renovated the bathrooms since last time. The bathrooms were like a haunted house the first time I was there, but now the bathroom and shower stalls are quite good. The only problem is there is zero cell phone reception for miles. Even my GPS didn't work until I was well out of there and more in populated areas.

All in all, camping is fun, but I think a few days is enough. Doing it for a whole week would probably be way too much. Also, bring bug spray. LOTS of bug spray. Holy cow, there were green bottle files everywhere and they bite like they were inspired by Satan. So yes, slather on the bug spray and when you're all done slathering yourself with some, do it a little more.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    So I'm back from my camping trip! :3

It was good fun, but as some people know, rain came down right when I was in the middle of pitching the tent. Too late to stash it back in the bag, but we didn't get far enough for it to get covered correctly. So... it was like sleeping in a cold, wet, dripping cave for the first night. Hey, at least we were able to get it up, so it could have been worse!

It was a fun time, though we didn't go rafting this time because the river current was pretty rough. That sucks because I had everything ready for it, but hey, maybe next time. :3

The place we stayed at was Cedar Rapids in Barryville NY, which is a nice place, but you feel like you're so far away from the rest of the planet. So glad they renovated the bathrooms since last time. The bathrooms were like a haunted house the first time I was there, but now the bathroom and shower stalls are quite good. The only problem is there is zero cell phone reception for miles. Even my GPS didn't work until I was well out of there and more in populated areas.

All in all, camping is fun, but I think a few days is enough. Doing it for a whole week would probably be way too much. Also, bring bug spray. LOTS of bug spray. Holy cow, there were green bottle files everywhere and they bite like they were inspired by Satan. So yes, slather on the bug spray and when you're all done slathering yourself with some, do it a little more.
    It's almost as if you need a Theracell box for each arm and leg. Decorate the ENTIRE camp site with the wrist/leg bands. Oh yeah those bugs can be a crazy buzz.

Sucks to hear about being rained out the first day/night, but st least it cleared up. All sounds like you had tons of fun though!

Reminds me of the place we stayed when I was in 5th grade. Jekyll Island, though we had an entire mini hotel complex. Like a two story one you'd see. Well, more like a motel from 70s movies. Was pretty awesome! Had some great experiences there and some funny memories too xD.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

See, mosquitoes and green bottle flies are more reasons why I love winter, because you won't see those evil bastards when there's snow, snow, glorious snow everywhere.

Of course, camping in winter is... well, 1000% more challenging. XD

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

That sounds awesome Neo! Except for the bugs and rain xD sounds like you had a nice break from technology haha. I'd definitely like to do that some time!
    GCEA