Page 282 of 513 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    My parents refuse to get a dashboard cam because they think the footage will be used to extort them for money. Same reason they refuse to take a DNA test with 23andme. My mom is convinced it'll be used to connect us to our slave owning ancestors and people will try to sue us for it, which I've explained can't happen but my mom just goes "oh they'll figure out some way to do it".
    Do they wear tin foil hats as well!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Do they wear tin foil hats as well!
    Not just those probably, but they have a separate closet for them just for safe keeping.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Nah they're not that big of conspiracy theorists but there's little things here and there that it's like hmmm.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

They hate the idea they're being tracked and watched, but they're feverish about doing it to you.

Mmmm, mmmm, who's up for some farm-fresh hypocrisy? I'm sorry to say it, but your parents are narcissistic control freaks. They need to be reminded of a little something called the golden rule.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I've high key thought about posting about my mom on r/raisedbynarcissists since it's really her more than my dad. But I can't decide where to start.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

It's her more than him, but maybe she's making him? I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I can't just always do that. Like Neo said. It's just really odd how the things they hate having happen to them they can flip on and say needs to happen to you or said other person. Something needs to be done to kinda remind them of the real world and how they can't control you their whole life.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, but if pops doesn't pull her aside and at least try to get her to lay off and be a little more civil, there's fault on him, too.

My biggest fear about having kids is being unable to financially support them. I'm totally paranoid of debt and being unable to pay it off.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

He's tried multiple times. She does not listen. He's tried to get her into therapy and she goes berserk on him and me. It's gotten to the point that anytime he intervenes she takes it out on me. So I do not fault him because he is at least trying, even if it never goes well.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, but if pops doesn't pull her aside and at least try to get her to lay off and be a little more civil, there's fault on him, too.

My biggest fear about having kids is being unable to financially support them. I'm totally paranoid of debt and being unable to pay it off.
    Yeah I'd love to have kids. My brother and I are the only males in our family line that were born in our generation. So it falls to him and myself to pass down our family name bloodline. We kinda joke around with it sometimes cause out of the nearly 20-30 they were all mainly female. Leaving just my brother and myself. We're were the "lucky/unlucky" ones. Whichever you prefer....I hate pressure like that xD.

But yeah, I'd love to have kids just to pass some of the awesome things in life down to them I know. At the same time though I wanna make sure they can be supported financially and have at least some of the stuff they want. Times can get hard, but can't let them suffer because we can't support them to the best of our abilities.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    He's tried multiple times. She does not listen. He's tried to get her into therapy and she goes berserk on him and me. It's gotten to the point that anytime he intervenes she takes it out on me. So I do not fault him because he is at least trying, even if it never goes well.
    Okay, then he's off the hook and totally not at fault. At least he tried. Mommy dearest is just completely psychotic and sounds like the type that would unplug someone's life support just to charge her phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah I'd love to have kids. My brother and I are the only males in our family line that were born in our generation. So it falls to him and myself to pass down our family name bloodline. We kinda joke around with it sometimes cause out of the nearly 20-30 they were all mainly female. Leaving just my brother and myself. We're were the "lucky/unlucky" ones. Whichever you prefer....I hate pressure like that xD.

But yeah, I'd love to have kids just to pass some of the awesome things in life down to them I know. At the same time though I wanna make sure they can be supported financially and have at least some of the stuff they want. Times can get hard, but can't let them suffer because we can't support them to the best of our abilities.
    If money wasn't an issue, I think I'd consider having kids. My thing is I would want my kids to be happy, have their needs provided for, and to live in a safe, comfortable, and welcoming neighborhood. I throw fun and crazy birthday parties for them, get to know a little more about what kinds of stuff they're into, and give them good advice and preparation for the future.

My only thing is I don't know what I'd do if one of them had some kind of disability or disease. I just think I'd have a very, very hard time trying to cope with something like that.