Page 312 of 513 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5121
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Art is too hard. :(

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I acquired Darkest Dungeon (and DLC) recently, that was nice. Also Don't Starve (Mega Pack) and The Borderlands Handsome Collection.

Not to advertise Steam, but Handsome Collection is normally ~$220.

I got it for $6.02.

Darkest Dungeon has beautifully gritty graphics in my opinion, and enough stress on the player that you feel it following you after you get off the computer! It's GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    I acquired Darkest Dungeon (and DLC) recently, that was nice. Also Don't Starve (Mega Pack) and The Borderlands Handsome Collection.

Not to advertise Steam, but Handsome Collection is normally ~$220.

I got it for $6.02.

Darkest Dungeon has beautifully gritty graphics in my opinion, and enough stress on the player that you feel it following you after you get off the computer! It's GREAT!
    Ooh! I've only played Don't Starve, but I know that one's really fun. :]

My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

i've played don't starve together with some friends. It's fun.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Art is too hard. :(
    I felt the same way many times, but continued exposure is the cure to fear. Read tutorials, watch process videos, see how other people do things, and follow their instructions. I've gotten that feeling of "well dang, that really does look good" when doing these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    i've played don't starve together with some friends. It's fun.
    I enjoyed Don't Starve Together, but the Deerclops attack during winter really ruins the heck out of it. If your group of friends hasn't prepared by reading up on it, preparing specifically for that attack, and getting everyone in position when it arrives, it'll just ruin everything you've worked on and I know people who have quit the game entirely after that point. It's too difficult of a boss encounter to throw at players early on who are just barely getting by in year one and are still learning how things work and how to build stuff. It's something that would definitely make more sense to throw at players later on when they've a little bit more prepared and have a better idea of how the game works and how to fight monsters and such.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I don't think we ever actually made it that far when we played.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I felt the same way many times, but continued exposure is the cure to fear. Read tutorials, watch process videos, see how other people do things, and follow their instructions. I've gotten that feeling of "well dang, that really does look good" when doing these kinds of things.
    It just seems like a long way to the point where you can just make art without having to look up tutorials or whatever.

My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, it's definitely one of those things where one, you need to know when it's coming and two, exactly how to fight it and deal with it from reading up on guides and such online, but that's definitely not something you're going to discover by accident or on your first run through. The amount of damage that thing can do is IMMENSE. It will level your entire base and kill everyone in your party multiple times if you haven't done exactly what the guides and walkthroughs tell you to do (and I imagine these were prepared by people who also didn't get it the first try and had to experiment and do trial and error to figure this stuff out).

I dunno, some people enjoy that kind of abrupt challenge, but I'd prefer to ease into things like that, especially if the cost for failing or screwing up is very dire and means having to start completely over again (which sucks more depending on how long and how much effort went into getting to that point in the game). Otherwise, it kind of says "ha ha, all your efforts are worthless, scrub! Git gud!" and I'd be like "yeah, cool story, bro, looks like I'll be playing something else from now on and you can forget about me ever buying any DLC or sequels you create. Cheers!" In a world where we have tens of thousands of games to play and choose from, it's best to be kind to your player base.

On that note, I haven't ever played Dark Souls or its sequels, but let's just say I've heard and have seen plenty to keep my distance from that franchise. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I don't think we ever actually made it that far when we played.
    It's not very far, it's during/after Winter.

My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    It just seems like a long way to the point where you can just make art without having to look up tutorials or whatever.
    I don't think that point actually exists, tbh. Most internet artists nowadays will tell you, you gotta look up references and tutorials every picture because drawing stuff from memory is very hard. I know Shaymin and Mimikyu's designs like the back of my hand but I still look up references for them to make sure everything looks okay.
    / / / / / / / /