Page 356 of 513 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 5121
    Administrator

Man I wish I had the free Photoshop stuff. The old versions I mean. They worked so well.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm hoping I can keep photoshop after I graduate college. It's so nice. TuT
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Yeah you better hope so. I want to keep it, but the only way I can is to pay for it monthly with no discounts.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I think I might be able to keep it and it just doesn't update.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I swear, Creative Cloud was the worst thing ever to happen for Photoshop. I'm extremely lucky a little voice in my head said "get CS6 while you're still in grad school and can take advantage of the student discount!" Because that was the last version they released that didn't have to deal with the bogus Creative Cloud subscription madness.

I've heard Affinity Photo is a worthwhile alternative to Photoshop, but that's only what I've heard from word of mouth. I've never actually tried it myself. I checked out a video on it and it does seem very similar, but yeah, if Adobe were to pull some shenanigans and somehow block my ability to use my CS6 version, I would definitely put Affinity at the top of my list for alternative considerations. And from what I've read, it's only $50, which is a heck of a lot better than what Adobe expects out of your wallet.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I think I might be able to keep it and it just doesn't update.
    Once you lose access to paying them (if you've got Adobe Cloud thing) nope. You can't access it anymore. I still have it, but it won't let me access it because I'm not paying them.

Yeah I've still got a flash drive with CS3 but that's OLD and the flash drive most likely has many viruses cause it's from years past with my first ever laptop. So I'm not using that on my new PC. Yeah I've heard of a few others, but never tried them outside of trying GIMP. Which even that didn't work really well.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well the thing is we get access to the entire suite for free through my college so I'm not paying for them at all in the first place. So I have pretty much every program downloaded on my computer. Adobe can't just remove the programs from my computers can they?
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Well the thing is we get access to the entire suite for free through my college so I'm not paying for them at all in the first place. So I have pretty much every program downloaded on my computer. Adobe can't just remove the programs from my computers can they?
    Maybe, maybe not. It depends on how your school is handling the subscription process and what kind of contract that have with Adobe (and I'm just not familiar with how a school's contract with Adobe's Creative Cloud would work). There's a chance that once you graduate, you're no longer considered a user and therefore, trying to open Photoshop may just result in an error notification that you're no longer authorized to use the software. But there's a chance that they may not care or either it'll go on long after you've already walked because they didn't update who is enrolled and who isn't or they have it available as a courtesy for alumni. Hopefully the later case is what happens!

I honestly don't know for sure, but be prepared either way. When I graduated, I lost access to essentially everything that my school had available in terms of article libraries and all that stuff. My login just totally stopped working. So yeah, no more LexisNexis, ProQuest, or stuff like that.

Administrator

Yeah then it sounds it might or might not. All depends on certain cases. How things that involve subscription based payments in school you get free will vary. So you might get lucky, maybe not. You'll just have to wait and see.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Huh yeah who knows. I didn't have creative cloud on my computer for like several months to a year at one point because I got logged out and didn't log back in and had no issues so who knows.
    / / / / / / / /