Page 369 of 513 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    That's not good to hear man. Sorry it's not been looking great. Sometimes they start out looking crazy. Like we don't know what to think. It feels like we're in over our head. Keep up that strong force of hope dude. Working at all is frustrating too. Maybe things will fall into place soon, but if you have to move on, then it may be for the best. Hope things look up for you soon man!
    Thanks, but yeah, her expectations are definitely worrisome and while I can definitely deliver on a few things she wants done, I doubt I'm going to be able to deliver on everything perfectly on time like she's expecting. I definitely wouldn't quit, but I'm just afraid of that one-on-one meeting with her and that sudden "we just don't think this is a good fit for you" conversation and then it's out the door (and I've been hit with that exact scenario a few times, it's not fun). Well, you know, even so and if the worst happens, I've been in worse spots before and have gotten back on my feet. But it would be a shame, because working with this group twice before was great and I thought for sure it would be better on a permanent basis. But I also have a feeling that considering the strong reputation I've built with many other members of the department, people might look at her suspiciously from there on in if she did that.

I've been closely tracking everything I do, recording the amount of time it takes, and putting that logbook on a OneNote file she has access to. I figured that would be a good way to justify how the day's time is being used and how long it takes me to do certain things. I'm hoping it clues her on the basis that if she overloads me, yeah, things are going to not get done until much later down the pipeline. I haven't even been using the lunch break I should be entitled to and already I've worked many hours of overtime when she was okay with my 7 to 3 schedule, which now had to be changed to 8 to 4 to suit her needs.

She also has the habit of giving verbal instructions. Long, complicated, verbal instructions. And here I am, holding a coffee cup and not my notebook because I was only prepared to refill my coffee, not write down heavy levels of instructions of yet another thing she wants me to do. I'm going to take the approach of "hey, could you send that in an email?" That way she confirms everything in writing and no detail is left forgotten or recorded incorrectly. I'm also hoping just the process of having to put all that in an email... maybe... just maybe makes her slightly less inclined to pile it on top of the mountain of things I already have on my plate.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

THE SUN IS A DEADLY LAZER

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    THE SUN IS A DEADLY LAZER
    And yet without it, we're all ded.

It's weird how all these things work.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

I know, but I still almost melted. My work requires me to go outdoors but man, do I not enjoy it during these times because of the heat...

Administrator

Well maybe not exactly? Just look at PMD. They still survived, but it was a harsh life.

And yeah we were stuck walking around DC today trying to find a place to park. It was awful.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Well maybe not exactly? Just look at PMD. They still survived, but it was a harsh life.

And yeah we were stuck walking around DC today trying to find a place to park. It was awful.
    Ugh yeah this is why I walked everywhere in DC. XD
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Yeah we've been walking everywhere. Much easier. Don't wanna go too money crazy, but I can't go without spending $70 in the Pokémon Center.

This time I got something secret too.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Keeping secrets from us, eh?

Well, hopefully you at least tell us what it is later on.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It better not be that lifesize mimikyu or else I’ll send more knife emojis on discord
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Keeping secrets from us, eh?

Well, hopefully you at least tell us what it is later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    It better not be that lifesize mimikyu or else I’ll send more knife emojis on discord
    Maybe....maybe not :p....reminds me I gotta get that shirt for Noble...co-workers got back to me and we're like "yes please!" XD

The time is upon us...

11. This post has been liked by: