Page 442 of 513 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I've been getting headaches. Temperature changes seem to be the culprit. Once things finally decide whether they want to be hot or cold, it gets better.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Seasonal depression is a very real thing
    Oh I can guarantee you 100% it's not seasonal depression. I'm loving the colder weather. It's things happening around me. If anything it helped for awhile, but everything else and a few other things just continue to drag me down more.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh I can guarantee you 100% it's not seasonal depression. I'm loving the colder weather. It's things happening around me. If anything it helped for awhile, but everything else and a few other things just continue to drag me down more.
    Sometimes you gotta let the things that are bothering you go, dude. Don't dwell on the depressing stuff, just focus on what's important in the future and don't think too much about what could have been or how you wish things could have turned out.

When you feel this way, maybe it's best to let it go and try turning over a new leaf to focus your mind on something else. You know, with Sw/Sh just around the corner, maybe that'll give you some enjoyment and it'll help you relax and enjoy a new experience.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Sometimes you gotta let the things that are bothering you go, dude. Don't dwell on the depressing stuff, just focus on what's important in the future and don't think too much about what could have been or how you wish things could have turned out.

When you feel this way, maybe it's best to let it go and try turning over a new leaf to focus your mind on something else. You know, with Sw/Sh just around the corner, maybe that'll give you some enjoyment and it'll help you relax and enjoy a new experience.
    I think I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again. There's a few sayings I heard to counter this.

-"I heard people are designed to shove all of their sad memories deep inside in order to protect their hearts."

In this case it's saying exactly what you're saying to do. Letting it go and just forgetting about it.

-"But while they can be hidden deep inside, the wounds and scars remain."

No matter how many times you tell someone to "let it go" or "forget about it" or "focus on other things." It's nigh impossible. The wounds and scars are there to twiddle your thumbs for you in constant nagging fashion. Even if you think you've forgotten it. It's still there. ready to drag you back down when you least expect it. When you're the most happy. It'll strike.

-"Forgetting doesn't mean it never happened."

Truer words have never been spoken. I mean words and sayings of the same level, but the impact is most meaningful. Telling someone to forget something is like saying "forget your most painful and most traumatic memory." It's not that simple. Nor will it ever be.

I've tried other things. Heck I've gone back to games I haven't played in years recently to try and nope. Nothing. SwSh is just another game and it won't last. Especially if it's like gen 7. I won't like it. The demo was promising, but we'll see. But it won't last. Nor will it heal the wounds and scars that'll just be momentarily patched. Once I beat it. The patch just gets ripped off and I'm back at square one.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I think I've mentioned it before, but I'll mention it again. There's a few sayings I heard to counter this.

-"I heard people are designed to shove all of their sad memories deep inside in order to protect their hearts."

In this case it's saying exactly what you're saying to do. Letting it go and just forgetting about it.

-"But while they can be hidden deep inside, the wounds and scars remain."

No matter how many times you tell someone to "let it go" or "forget about it" or "focus on other things." It's nigh impossible. The wounds and scars are there to twiddle your thumbs for you in constant nagging fashion. Even if you think you've forgotten it. It's still there. ready to drag you back down when you least expect it. When you're the most happy. It'll strike.

-"Forgetting doesn't mean it never happened."

Truer words have never been spoken. I mean words and sayings of the same level, but the impact is most meaningful. Telling someone to forget something is like saying "forget your most painful and most traumatic memory." It's not that simple. Nor will it ever be.

I've tried other things. Heck I've gone back to games I haven't played in years recently to try and nope. Nothing. SwSh is just another game and it won't last. Especially if it's like gen 7. I won't like it. The demo was promising, but we'll see. But it won't last. Nor will it heal the wounds and scars that'll just be momentarily patched. Once I beat it. The patch just gets ripped off and I'm back at square one.
    Eh, seems like it's been this way for a while. If you have been having trouble fighting this, I would say it's time to move to the next step and seek professional help.

Maybe talking to a therapist would help. I've heard of other people who have reached out to one and it really helped a lot with them, so maybe give that a try. It sounds like what you have is pretty severe and has been very persistent, so it might be a good idea to consider it.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Seasonal depression is definitely a thing. My psychiatrist has said I have it.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Moderator

Any depression period sucks. I cope with jokes, although most people dont understand them. Ive been called an ahole because of it. But im like whatever

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

O:
    I've never been in this thread before and just thought it was a general game of "make a post"! But... I feel like I've stumbled into a very sombre topic.

I found ongoing cognitive therapy (like, over 50 sessions) was very helpful for me to sort out PTSD, but other things like general counseling and advice were just meh.

I hope that nobody here stays depressed for too long! You can definitely feel better again! It's a fact!

Administrator

Well honestly it mostly stems from something that could be fixed easily, but just keeps getting shut down.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    O:
    I've never been in this thread before and just thought it was a general game of "make a post"! But... I feel like I've stumbled into a very sombre topic.

I found ongoing cognitive therapy (like, over 50 sessions) was very helpful for me to sort out PTSD, but other things like general counseling and advice were just meh.

I hope that nobody here stays depressed for too long! You can definitely feel better again! It's a fact!
    Hey Lychee, welcome to the crew! Most of the time the topics are a lot better and more uplifting.

Yeah, for me, my absolute worst pounding of depression came when my mom passed away. It took over a year before I was able to think straight again. But like you said, eventually you learn to cope and while after things like that the pain doesn't completely go away, you learn how to keep living after experiencing a loss.

I'm doing much better now, thankfully. I wish she was still around, but I'm doing okay.

Well honestly it mostly stems from something that could be fixed easily, but just keeps getting shut down.
    Dude, I hope this isn't about what I think it's about...

But if it is, it's definitely not a good idea to get so emotionally attached to something like that if it has this much of an impact on you. It's probably for your own good that you don't get involved with it.

11. This post has been liked by:

Lychee