Page 443 of 513 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 5121
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    O:
    I've never been in this thread before and just thought it was a general game of "make a post"! But... I feel like I've stumbled into a very sombre topic.

I found ongoing cognitive therapy (like, over 50 sessions) was very helpful for me to sort out PTSD, but other things like general counseling and advice were just meh.

I hope that nobody here stays depressed for too long! You can definitely feel better again! It's a fact!
    Yeah, we pretty much chat here. The whole "guess I win!" thing got old quick. XD

I've only had one therapy that helped me, honestly. It was based around mindfulness and was actually pretty well!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

2. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Yeah, we pretty much chat here. The whole "guess I win!" thing got old quick. XD

I've only had one therapy that helped me, honestly. It was based around mindfulness and was actually pretty well!
    I had a few therapy sessions back when I was in sixth grade. I think those were mandated just because on a day I really got upset and the principal's secretary told me I should be suspended just because I chased a kid after he poked me in the eye with a yardstick, I said something like "I feel like jumping out the window" and she of course took that seriously...

Had like three sessions with a counselor, she asked how things were going, told her all the great things that were going on, and poof, they didn't continue. I still feel like middle school years were the worst years, though.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Dude, I hope this isn't about what I think it's about...

But if it is, it's definitely not a good idea to get so emotionally attached to something like that if it has this much of an impact on you. It's probably for your own good that you don't get involved with it.
    Hmm, actually yeah. A good portion of it does come from that.

That's not so simple as you think. Especially when I physically WANT to (and the passion for that should clearly be showing), but nothing is being done to improve it or take a chance.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I never knew that about you, Neo! I'm really glad you're moving forwards after such a huge loss like that- I can only imagine how difficult it would be. My dad died, but I was like, 2 years old, so I dont have much memory of him and therefore dont really know what I lost, yanno? It's very different when its later on in life.

Chakra has such a mysterious problem! Is this is about having passion for something that frustrates you?

Bulbasaur! Yeah! I think I did a lot of mindfulness exercises as a kid, by accident! I grew up in a bit of a hippie town next to rainforest and stuff, and so there were lots of things about being aware of yourself, connecting with the land, clearing your mind, living in the moment, acknowledging a feeling and then letting it go...
    You can just imagine it, right? A team of highschoolers cross legged on the ground in a forest while some hippie camp leader tries to teach them to chill out :P
    I got so many leech bites ;_;

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Hmm, actually yeah. A good portion of it does come from that.

That's not so simple as you think. Especially when I physically WANT to (and the passion for that should clearly be showing), but nothing is being done to improve it or take a chance.
    Well, sorry to say, but sometimes we don't always get what we want. I don't think it's fair or respectful the way you're trying to impose yourself upon it either with these emotional stabs at my heartstrings to get your way (I felt sorry for you before and tried to find ways to make everyone happy, but now you're overdoing it). You're not being passionate about it, you're being obsessive about it and that's not cool, dude. Please stop making this personal and learn to respect the decision of others when they say "no." That's my final answer and that's Xanthe's final answer, and it means you need to move on. The sooner you do, the better off you'll be.

And this is the last time I'm talking about this with you, because this whole thing makes you behave very differently and very strangely and both Xanthe and I seriously don't like it. If you're depressed about it, then do what you need to do to get it fixed and resolved or find a way to cope with it, but I stand by my words that in no way should you have allowed this to become so personal to you that you act and behave this way. :(

Put this to rest for your own good and please don't ask me about this again.

@Neo Emolga i have been feeling down ever since 2019-10-24, you know what happened that day. Since then I've been severely depressed ( so much i so that I even wanted to quit Stalkers season 4 ) i needed a friend to cheer me up & to not quit just because of depression. however it's a real struggle since then to stay motivated & until today i have been trying to hide how I have been feeling.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh my folks maybe let’s keep this to the “today was terrible because” thread or PMs. Some of this seems like it should be discussed in private and not in view of the public.

So what’s everyone’s favorite species of bird? Personally I really like peacocks! They farm them around where I live so I get to see them a lot.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

I like parrots. They can be quite comical and have plenty of personality!

And man, they are DANG smart.

10. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So what’s everyone’s favorite species of bird? Personally I really like peacocks! They farm them around where I live so I get to see them a lot.
    This reminds me of the zoo near me, that just has peacocks wandering around wherever they want. XD

I dunno if I have a very favorite species, but I like birds like parrots- macaws, cockatoos, African grey parrots. They're so smart and fascinating.

one of my favorite Birds is a Falcon

Spoiler:
    Talonflame is an avian Pokémon that closely resembles a falcon. Red-orange plumage covers is head, wings, and most of its chest and back before tapering off into a flame pattern. Its underside and hindquarters are gray and the tips of its long, pointed wings are black. Orange spots speckle its underside. Large yellow talons extend from the shaggy feathers on its legs. Talonflame has a pointed crest atop its head and black-and-yellow mask-like markings around its eyes. Its black beak is hooked with a yellow cere. It also has long black tailfeathers marked with three yellow V-shapes. The tail ends in two points and has another feather sticking out of the base on each side, resembling of the fletching on the end of an arrow.

( i also like the Eagle because reasons )