Page 459 of 513 FirstFirst ... 359409449457458459460461469509 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,590 of 5121
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Where did you get that impression? Game Informer released this article a while ago saying that old pokemon would make an appearance in later games. Maybe I missed some new info while I've been dodging SwSh spoilers but I haven't heard much to the contrary since.
    If that means what I think it does, then I can breathe a sigh of relief. But I've had people tell me that they don't plan to put all the pokemon in future games and it was uncertain when/if all the cut ones would return. I'm honestly really confused now because I've been told/read so many different things.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    If that means what I think it does, then I can breathe a sigh of relief. But I've had people tell me that they don't plan to put all the pokemon in future games and it was uncertain when/if all the cut ones would return. I'm honestly really confused now because I've been told/read so many different things.
    Ahhh yeah so what I've heard from trustworthy sources like Game Informer is that while they won't put all pokemon in future games, it sounds like they'd be rotating them. So you might have Oddish, Vulpix, and Beldum in one game but they wouldn't be in the next and instead you'd have Budew, Zorua, and Aron. But not every pokemon would be rotated out every game since some staples like Pikachu and Eevee are probably going to appear in every games since they're the mascots essentially. But I do think they plan to rotate the available pokemon so everyone gets to return at some point, it's just a matter of when.

With Sinnoh remakes being continually hinted at there's no way Yanmega isn't making a return sometime soon, that's for sure.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Ahhh yeah so what I've heard from trustworthy sources like Game Informer is that while they won't put all pokemon in future games, it sounds like they'd be rotating them. So you might have Oddish, Vulpix, and Beldum in one game but they wouldn't be in the next and instead you'd have Budew, Zorua, and Aron. But not every pokemon would be rotated out every game since some staples like Pikachu and Eevee are probably going to appear in every games since they're the mascots essentially. But I do think they plan to rotate the available pokemon so everyone gets to return at some point, it's just a matter of when.

With Sinnoh remakes being continually hinted at there's no way Yanmega isn't making a return sometime soon, that's for sure.
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, since we don't know how the rotating will go. I wouldn't mind if you were able to trade with future games (even if it was only transferring from other switch games). But the idea of possibly never being able to have my favorites together again...doesn't feel great.

Really hoping for those Sinnoh remakes, that being a big reason!

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, since we don't know how the rotating will go. I wouldn't mind if you were able to trade with future games (even if it was only transferring from other switch games). But the idea of possibly never being able to have my favorites together again...doesn't feel great.

Really hoping for those Sinnoh remakes, that being a big reason!
    Yeah, regarding the rotation of Pokemon thing. The big thing to consider is that just because a Pokemon wasn't present in SwSh it doesn't mean it's absolutely 100% guaranteed to return in the very next set of games coming out. There's a very good chance that some Pokemon will be passed over for returns multiple times in a row, so for all we know we may very well go entire generations without seeing some species again. And for people who like to use teams with all their favorites it would especially suck because for all they know there will never again be a game where every single one of their favorites will be together again. Like, idk if I will ever again be able to have a team consisting of Jolteon, Flygon, Houndoom, Lapras, Butterfree and Breloom, for example. And the same thing goes for Scytherwolf: sure, the possibility of Sinnoh remakes carry hope for Yanmega, but that doesn't mean anything for Scyther and Heracross...

Oh and that's not even getting into people who like doing theme teams (which by the way, are incredibly fun as heck). Like, how are you gonna make a "full bear" team when there's no longer just enough bears to go around? That's one example of many.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Yeah, regarding the rotation of Pokemon thing. The big thing to consider is that just because a Pokemon wasn't present in SwSh it doesn't mean it's absolutely 100% guaranteed to return in the very next set of games coming out. There's a very good chance that some Pokemon will be passed over for returns multiple times in a row, so for all we know we may very well go entire generations without seeing some species again. And for people who like to use teams with all their favorites it would especially suck because for all they know there will never again be a game where every single one of their favorites will be together again. Like, idk if I will ever again be able to have a team consisting of Jolteon, Flygon, Houndoom, Lapras, Butterfree and Breloom, for example. And the same thing goes for Scytherwolf: sure, the possibility of Sinnoh remakes carry hope for Yanmega, but that doesn't mean anything for Scyther and Heracross...

Oh and that's not even getting into people who like doing theme teams (which by the way, are incredibly fun as heck). Like, how are you gonna make a "full bear" team when there's no longer just enough bears to go around? That's one example of many.
    I mean I'm well aware of that. You're talking to someone who's favorite is an obsolete mythical. I've stated before that I don't expect Shaymin to make it into many games beyond the Sinnoh remakes because it hasn't had any role outside of Gen 4. But that doesn't mean that it's been entirely exiled from the franchise either. It just may not appear as frequently as some of my other favorites like Mimikyu or Zoroark. I just accepted that and moved forward. I can understand why people who use teams of all their favorites are upset but I'm not going to let that hinder my experiences with the games. I still have my previous games where I can play with them and if I want to do a team of my favorites I have Showdown as a fun option for that. The Pokemon haven't ceased to exist for me, I still have memories of them, and there are ways to make new memories with them. I can still write stories about them, make art of them, play with them on Showdown, roleplay with them, etc. So from my perspective they're not gone, they're giving me the opportunity to try a different pokemon in their place.
    / / / / / / / /

So from my perspective they're not gone, they're giving me the opportunity to try a different pokemon in their place.
    You keep talking about how this affects you and only you personally. Not everyone has the same views and feelings as you and nobody is obligated to have them either. Not everyone has access to the older games either for various reasons (I for example lost all my pre-Gen 6 Pokemon games to a flood) and simulators, emulators and fan games may not be an ideal replacement for everyone either. Then there's this statement of yours, that whole "opportunity to try different pokemon " thing. That opportunity has ALWAYS been there, they didn't need to remove entire species from the games just to force players to use others (which by the way is a terrible tactic if your goal is to get people to like something new: removing something old that people already liked just to force them to use the new thing is a surefire way to get at least a good chunk of players to outright resent the new thing), players always had the option to try something new themselves whenever they wanted. And even if some of them didn't so what? Not everyone has to play the game a certain way, and forcing them to play a certain way honestly feels pretty insidious.

I'm still very on the fence on if I want to get SwSh or not because on one hand there's a lot of things that look very fun, but on the other the downsides like the dex culling and especially (for me anyways) the move culling are just too big of marks against it that I'm not sure if any of its potential positives could actually make up for that...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    You keep talking about how this affects you and only you personally. Not everyone has the same views and feelings as you and nobody is obligated to have them either. Not everyone has access to the older games either for various reasons (I for example lost all my pre-Gen 6 Pokemon games to a flood) and simulators, emulators and fan games may not be an ideal replacement for everyone either. Then there's this statement of yours, that whole "opportunity to try different pokemon " thing. That opportunity has ALWAYS been there, they didn't need to remove entire species from the games just to force players to use others (which by the way is a terrible tactic if your goal is to get people to like something new: removing something old that people already liked just to force them to use the new thing is a surefire way to get at least a good chunk of players to outright resent the new thing), players always had the option to try something new themselves whenever they wanted. And even if some of them didn't so what? Not everyone has to play the game a certain way, and forcing them to play a certain way honestly feels pretty insidious.

I'm still very on the fence on if I want to get SwSh or not because on one hand there's a lot of things that look very fun, but on the other the downsides like the dex culling and especially (for me anyways) the move culling are just too big of marks against it that I'm not sure if any of its potential positives could actually make up for that...
    I’m only speaking about how it affects me personally because I can only speak for myself and my own experiences. I can’t speak for your or anyone else because I don’t know what your options are, hence why I keep saying FOR ME. I’ve said multiple times that you’re okay to feel the way you do, I just don’t share that view. That’s why I keep stating this is MY perspective and no one else’s. You obviously feel differently and I have never said that WASNT okay. Scytherwolf Can feel however she wants. I only responded because you quoted me and I figured that meant you wanted my perspective but I guess not. I’m really tired of arguing with you about this. Neither of us is going to change our perspective on this, so I won’t respond further if you tag or quote me further.
    / / / / / / / /

Aaaahhhh I didn't mean for this to cause any problems. D:

I'm not trying to be negative about the games; there's a lot about them that looks fun. It's not even these specific games I have a problem with, it's the idea of no more national dex ever that worries me. That's what I'm struggling with, because I really want to be excited but I just feel really down about this. Wish I didn't.

Aaaahhhh I didn't mean for this to cause any problems. D:

I'm not trying to be negative about the games; there's a lot about them that looks fun. It's not even these specific games I have a problem with, it's the idea of no more national dex ever that worries me. That's what I'm struggling with, because I really want to be excited but I just feel really down about this. Wish I didn't.
    No, it's not your fault. The general atmosphere around this whole debacle is just really tense. Also I may have come off too rude back there.

I feel the exact same way as you: I WANT to be excited and I WISH I was excited because I love Pokemon and I've felt a lot of hype for literally every new set of games until now and the fact that this time around I'm feeling disappointed really sucks.

Sidenote: if the Sinnoh remakes do happen, I wonder how trading is going to work between them and SwSh. Because inevitably all the Gen 4 Pokemon are going to have to be present in the remakes, and many of them are not present in Galar. Will trading still work but we can only trade Pokemon that are present in both versions? Which, if so, will necessitate everyone to memorize which creatures are present in both versions. Alternatively, they could make trading between SwSh and the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes just not possible at all. I wanna say there will be an update/dlc that add's Sinnoh's roster to Galar to make trading possible, but they did say in an interview that there were no future plans to add the missing Pokemon in Galar via patch, so I find it unlikely.

10. This post has been liked by:

Maybe trading with other releases with pokemon in future it'll be like the time capsule in RBY and Gold/Silver? So like, if it's not existing as a number in both dex, then trading wont be possible?

The idea of rotating different old pokemon into new games sounds pretty good imo!
    I kinda like dexit; it has made completing the pokedex much more achievable, aheheh.