Page 468 of 513 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 5121
    Weird! idk if my country has a service like that. But hopefully theres less terrorism paranoia or less terrorism overall?
    I can't imagine anyone who cares about you would make people break your home and break your stuff! But if you were worried about that, not letting her know your address would probably help?

Closest thing I've done/experienced is like, calling the cops on someone who is trying to die. Even then they seem to be open to chat and knock politely. Heavy scary stuff, police interventions!

Administrator

Yeah it's pretty awful that people do it. Some doing it live while someone is streaming on YouTube or Twitch. There's nothing they can even do to explain it live either. Other than just cooperate with them and go with them. It's just laughs for the one that calls it in on them.

So many others find other ways to do it too. It's pretty awful the way people find to use SWATTING and cause trouble.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I think if I remember correctly we actually don't need police SWAT units nearly as much as we used to so they get overused in order for the states to keep their SWAT funding. It's been a while since I studied that branch though.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I feel like (at least around here) the majority of police usually only make situations worse. I despise almost all police. Not that there aren't good ones, but...

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm friends with most of the officers in my area as well as a few in DC. They did good work and the ones in DC even chased off a guy who was stalking me once. But there's bad apples in every bunch. My hometown's police department had a scandal this past summer that's proof of that.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I feel like (at least around here) the majority of police usually only make situations worse. I despise almost all police. Not that there aren't good ones, but...
    There's good cops and bad ones. Thing is most of the time the media puts the bad ones in the spotlight, so people tend to think those are the only types that exist.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Emolga View Post
    There's good cops and bad ones. Thing is most of the time the media puts the bad ones in the spotlight, so people tend to think those are the only types that exist.
    Honestly, I'm basing it off more than experience. Obviously the media is gonna portray what gets people revved up. I just personally have had many poor experiences with them.

I did have one experience with an officer where they were reasonable and fair, but that's it.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Yeah, I /look/ like a straight white girl, so most of my interactions with police have been ok. Its definitely not that way for everyone though! Im a bit worried about the future though- I go to a lot of peaceful protests, and laws might change which will suddenly mean police get a lot more aggressive or violent in order to break up protests. I really dont wanna be pepper sprayed- or worse!

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I've pretty much always been scared of the police, but that fear got a lot worse about hearing things about autistic people killed by police. And there are lot more stories about them being harassed/mistreated by cops while doing nothing wrong. I'm autistic, and it scares me a lot because I know that could be me if I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Senior Moderator

Ugh...i keep getting distracted. Somebody slap me

·»Your focus determines your reality«·