Page 487 of 513 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 5121
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I've long known it's not normal but there's very little I can do until I move out. I've grinned and bore it for this long, I can manage a little while longer.
    I hope you're able to move out soon and just have a personal place you can retreat to. Dealing with people like this is poison. My mom had terrible parents with her mother being emotionally abusive (I had to deal with her and boy was she a monster) while the father unleashed physical abuse and violence that would have gotten him arrested for child abuse and child endangerment by today's laws (thankfully my brother, sister, and myself never had to deal with that as he died before we were born). At the end of the day, the only solution was to cut them out completely. They were way too toxic to tolerate.

But as far as moving out goes, even if it's just a studio apartment, as long as it's a place where you have the keys and she doesn't, I think that would give you some real peace of mind. That way, even when you do visit her for whatever holiday thing, if she starts acting up like this, you can just walk out the door and head back home and lock the door behind you, even if she's trying to trail you. She'd soon realize the maternal leverage she has is gone and no longer applicable in a situation like that. She can scream at your door all night until her face turns blue, you don't have to listen or open up. Eventually she'll have to give up.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Emolga View Post
    I hope you're able to move out soon and just have a personal place you can retreat to. Dealing with people like this is poison. My mom had terrible parents with her mother being emotionally abusive (I had to deal with her and boy was she a monster) while the father unleashed physical abuse and violence that would have gotten him arrested for child abuse and child endangerment by today's laws (thankfully my brother, sister, and myself never had to deal with that as he died before we were born). At the end of the day, the only solution was to cut them out completely. They were way too toxic to tolerate.

But as far as moving out goes, even if it's just a studio apartment, as long as it's a place where you have the keys and she doesn't, I think that would give you some real peace of mind. That way, even when you do visit her for whatever holiday thing, if she starts acting up like this, you can just walk out the door and head back home and lock the door behind you, even if she's trying to trail you. She'd soon realize the maternal leverage she has is gone and no longer applicable in a situation like that. She can scream at your door all night until her face turns blue, you don't have to listen or open up. Eventually she'll have to give up.
    Yeah I'm hoping when I move to DC that will help things. When I lived in DC and Spain, even though she still called constantly, the distance was very nice.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

It is 6 am. I havent slept. I think i am a bit high.

My eyes hurt.

It's a new year though.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

Kind of by surprise, we spent New Years with my neighbors. My dad and I just wanted to bring Christmas gifts over and thought it would take maybe fifteen minutes. Nah, ended up with us being there until 1AM.

I don't know why they were eating dessert and drinking wine and coffee at that hour, but we got that handed that too, even though I tried to politely decline. They're nice people, but this was odd. It was a nice time, though, just wasn't expecting it. :P

Senior Moderator

You dont do desert and Wine at 1am? I thought everyone does that. I usually serenade the commoners with some Chlow Burbank era Joji while i inhale that glass of Kendell Jackson.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxys View Post
    You dont do desert and Wine at 1am? I thought everyone does that. I usually serenade the commoners with some Chlow Burbank era Joji while i inhale that glass of Kendell Jackson.
    Heck, usually I don't eat anything after 8pm.

Actually, I think this is the latest I've eaten food at night. I'm definitely not a midnight snack person at all.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I was up at midnight on new year's but only cos I have had a cold since Christmas and was coughing so much I couldn't sleep haha. New year's is actually my most hated holiday. I like that at the end of the year things seem to slow down a bit, Christmas is fun and then you get to relax somewhat. But then new year's comes and I never feel ready to start all over again!
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Yeah, sounds like my dad has a sore throat and cough. I hope I don't catch whatever he has...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Tis the season for rampant sinus diseases falalalalalala
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

people at work have my anxiety on blast because they've been gettin pneumonia left and right.

Weezing outta here with that.