Page 51 of 513 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    @Neo Emolga you guys are lucky being able to even wear them. My astigmatism helps keep me from it. Even eye exams are a pain to get through. Heck, it makes me worry when I actually attempt LASIK. Cause seeing them get that close to my eye and attach something tonit just to hold it open. It's gonna be...tough. I hate wearing glasses so much.

Man, four day weekends are the best. Even three day weekends. I don't get the three day weekends very often, but I enjoy every minute of them. Jut like I'm gonna enjoy these 5 days off to go up to Nashville. Hopefully the Pokémon World Championship will be exciting. Maybe look for me on the stream? I might make it in the LCQ for Pokken. Just maybe. :p

Yeah I did talk with my boss again today and he ensured me he's happy to talk with me about it anytime (I've been worried about bringing it up to him so much). But a lot has been happening recently. New things, current roles being changed, a manager retiring (and one being fired today. For what, no one I asked knew). So there's no telling when I'd even be able to move to the old team. So hopefully something new and better comes up soon. I swear I've been having a lot of people tell me o should go teach English in Japan. Even though I have no teaching license or experience xD.
    If I couldn't get contacts I would go with Lasik. I hear you, I hate wearing glasses as well, but I still need to keep them on until the end of August. September is going to feel like Christmas with regards to that. My goodness, it's only been about four weeks but it feels like it's been forever.

Four day weekends were great, but I was only earning half of what I usually do. It's okay to enjoy for a little while but I can't keep that going forever if I ever want to get anywhere in life. But yeah, enjoy your Nashville trip and hopefully you have an awesome time there.

I would think in order to teach English in Japan, wouldn't you need to know Japanese, too? And from what I've heard, Japan is wonderful to visit, but living there is a whole other thing entirely. They nearly work themselves to death over there and it's normal for them to work 12 hour days. Not cool. I can grind through occasional days of working overtime but doing that on a regular basis just gets me burned out and cranky.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    If I couldn't get contacts I would go with Lasik. I hear you, I hate wearing glasses as well, but I still need to keep them on until the end of August. September is going to feel like Christmas with regards to that. My goodness, it's only been about four weeks but it feels like it's been forever.

Four day weekends were great, but I was only earning half of what I usually do. It's okay to enjoy for a little while but I can't keep that going forever if I ever want to get anywhere in life. But yeah, enjoy your Nashville trip and hopefully you have an awesome time there.

I would think in order to teach English in Japan, wouldn't you need to know Japanese, too? And from what I've heard, Japan is wonderful to visit, but living there is a whole other thing entirely. They nearly work themselves to death over there and it's normal for them to work 12 hour days. Not cool. I can grind through occasional days of working overtime but doing that on a regular basis just gets me burned out and cranky.
    That's what worries me though. I can't have things or the doctor get close to my eyes or the instinctively reflex shut. At least the right eye does more so than the left. Hopefully it speeds by for you so you can move away from the glasses. They are super annoying.

Earning less is quite annoying and a pain. So hopefully as you move back to the next job (or both) you can start making more the money you are needing. That's one thing I was hoping for was to get a job with either weekends off or a three day weekend. Would be super nice especially if it's good pay and benefits too. Yeah seeing as I'm going for the Pokémon world Championshio mostly. Hopefully it all goes well! I just gotta keep a careful watch or cause I recently heard there's a manhunt going on in Nashville of all the things. 2 guys (as far as they know) randomly killing people on the street. :/

I thought that too, but apparently my brother has a friend that said no? I bought I would've as well. I guess it depends on what part of Japan. Yeah that's another too. Other parts of the world they really push the work thing. Hey, if anything, I'd just need that and a second job at the Pokémon Center xD. I'd be golden. Then again even that would be a stretch cause that for sure you need to know Japanese haha. Oh well

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

That's what worries me though. I can't have things or the doctor get close to my eyes or the instinctively reflex shut. At least the right eye does more so than the left. Hopefully it speeds by for you so you can move away from the glasses. They are super annoying.

Earning less is quite annoying and a pain. So hopefully as you move back to the next job (or both) you can start making more the money you are needing. That's one thing I was hoping for was to get a job with either weekends off or a three day weekend. Would be super nice especially if it's good pay and benefits too. Yeah seeing as I'm going for the Pokémon world Championshio mostly. Hopefully it all goes well! I just gotta keep a careful watch or cause I recently heard there's a manhunt going on in Nashville of all the things. 2 guys (as far as they know) randomly killing people on the street. :/

I thought that too, but apparently my brother has a friend that said no? I bought I would've as well. I guess it depends on what part of Japan. Yeah that's another too. Other parts of the world they really push the work thing. Hey, if anything, I'd just need that and a second job at the Pokémon Center xD. I'd be golden. Then again even that would be a stretch cause that for sure you need to know Japanese haha. Oh well
    I couldn't imagine what it would be like working at a Pokémon Center. Must be pretty cool, or are you just hoping to get yourself into one of those crazy Pikachu mascot costumes? Be honest!

Administrator

I couldn't imagine what it would be like working at a Pokémon Center. Must be pretty cool, or are you just hoping to get yourself into one of those crazy Pikachu mascot costumes? Be honest!
    Errrrr, they may or may not possibly or maybe, maybe not be short one mascot costume if so :p
    Just a rogue Pikachu sitting.....standing on the bullet train xD

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Errrrr, they may or may not possibly or maybe, maybe not be short one mascot costume if so :p
    Just a rogue Pikachu sitting.....standing on the bullet train xD
    Standing. It sure doesn't look like you can sit in those. XD

I find it funny they've started mass producing the Eevee ones as well. Looks like the Chus have competition now!

Administrator

Standing. It sure doesn't look like you can sit in those. XD

I find it funny they've started mass producing the Eevee ones as well. Looks like the Chus have competition now!
    If they were so mass produced. We'd both have one by now, but nope. Sadly Pokémon Co and Nintendo hold them all for themselves.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

If they were so mass produced. We'd both have one by now, but nope. Sadly Pokémon Co and Nintendo hold them all for themselves.
    Well, I meant that in the sense that they have more than just one now.

But yeah, it's cruel that only cheesy knock-offs are all we can get. I gave up on that quest a long time ago.

Administrator

Well, I meant that in the sense that they have more than just one now.

But yeah, it's cruel that only cheesy knock-offs are all we can get. I gave up on that quest a long time ago.
    One day the dream may come true. One day. It's possible, but I doubt it cause they have a place to fill up with air. So it can be dangerous if handled alone. So maybe that's why.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

One day the dream may come true. One day. It's possible, but I doubt it cause they have a place to fill up with air. So it can be dangerous if handled alone. So maybe that's why.
    Eh, I've given up on the dream. If it was possible to buy the authentic version, I imagine it would be expensive and good luck finding a place to store it. Just more reasons why I'm not really avidly searching for the means to buy one.

Administrator

Eh, I've given up on the dream. If it was possible to buy the authentic version, I imagine it would be expensive and good luck finding a place to store it. Just more reasons why I'm not really avidly searching for the means to buy one.
    Yeah I wouldn't count on ever getting one sadly. Because it relies on the air to keep it blown up I'm assuming storing it should be s implied than it seems. I'm not really searching myself. I actually think it'd be pretty funny to see one out for sale one day. Quite odd actually.

The time is upon us...